• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Variator part ST25. New production.

nwerring

I had a batch of ST25 variator parts made here in Norway. They came out very nice. I have 10 left for sale. You might be able to get them cheeper in the US, but the production cost in Norway was not very nice...
$400.-USD.

Attachments

• IMG_1902.jpg
    IMG_1902.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1905.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1908.jpg
    IMG_1908.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 252

nwerring

Those look very well made.

I used a new unused original as pattern. 3D scan. Should be an excact copy. Only thing that came out wrong was the ST25 number. Mine are stamped ZT25 for some reason. I could have gotten the work done in China or India, but I wanted as good a quality as I could get, so got them made here at home. This made them more expencive though...

teledawg

I used a new unused original as pattern. 3D scan. Should be an excact copy. Only thing that came out wrong was the ST25 number. Mine are stamped ZT25 for some reason. I could have gotten the work done in China or India, but I wanted as good a quality as I could get, so got them made here at home. This made them more expencive though...
Was the shrinkage of the cast aluminum taken into account by making the mold slightly larger than the original part or are the copies slightly smaller that the original?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Ever consider using ductile iron? We have made some cleats from this and the material will not crack normally (some tie rods are made of this ) you can even have it aus tempered for a near indestructible part.

Last edited:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
From previous discussions here, the consensus was it was designed to be the part that broke first. I'm not certain if that is true, but if you start twisting the wheel with nothing turning, something is going to give.

nwerring

Was the shrinkage of the cast aluminum taken into account by making the mold slightly larger than the original part or are the copies slightly smaller that the original?

I'm pretty sure the company that made them took the shrinkage into account. When I test mounted it on it's mounting cradle (..dont remember this part number..) it fit nice and tight just like the original. Only thing I notice is one extra hole. They obviously missed that one of the holes to be drilled out should only be on the front - not through to the back.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use to carry my spare. now it stored in my barn. they will drive straight with it broke.
if properly operated it is hard to break one.
jim