• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Eclipse

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
I looked and couldnt see anything. Youre making this up and laughing at us arent you? :rolleyes:

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
It was really clear here. I sat outside and watched it happen. Very cool.

I took some pictures but at 40X magnification and a 15 second aperture opening on my point and shoot camera it's just an orange blur. It's kind of neat to see it moving at 40x magnification.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
We have low clouds on the eastern horizon, but the moon emerged up out of the clouds before the eclipse reached maximum.
P1170065rEclipse1.jpg

As it got free of the clouds, the shadow line became more distinct.
P1170087rEclipse2.jpg

Getting there.
P1170106rEclipse3.jpg

P1170136rEclipse4.jpg

Last edited:

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
...And for those of you wondering if it turned out ok ...

Saturn (lower left) lifted out of the clouds just past the mid point of the eclipse.
P1170190rEclipse5.jpg

Nearly there.
P1170304rEclipse6.jpg

All done, back to a full moon overhead.
P1170306rEclipse7.jpg

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Here are my "artisitc" pictures of the event. (Note: artisitic means I haven't studied the manual on my camera very well)

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We were outside last night watching it (which is why I was not posting). Sitting outside when the temps are hovering just above 0-degrees (F) is probably not the smartest thing to do but it was still fun . . . until one of my S-I-L's dogs ran into the woods and we thought it was tangling with a wild critter and the lovely Mrs_B went running, slid on the ice, went down on the concrete patio like 2 tons of steel falling off the back of a truck (not a graceful sight at all) and thought she broke something. That sort of put an end to the festivities. Thankfully neither Mrs_B nor the concrete patio suffered any lasting damage! Don't know what happened to my S-I-L's little doggy, but as I didn't hear any additional screaming I'm gathering it returned from the woods unharmed?

Why does it seem that so many of the interesting lunar events occur in the middle of winter!?!