• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

phone booth

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
yup a mistake but l'll make it work.
I got this original booth . Real quality built .machined wood not really like tongue and groove .The cuts on it are smooth finish and solid. No paneling on this thing. Floor was never replaced and has no worn spots. It came from a rotorary auction and was in a home a couple bought and just collected dust inside for many years. They did have it hooked up one time and works. Light and fan come on when you close the door.
The down side is It weighs 300lbs and feels like 700. And the 32" will only go in my slider to my kitchen. Won't fit threw and other doors inside .
my windows are 35" . so a ramp on my tractor bucket and a few husky guys and "i'll make it work" I hope
jim
002.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Phone booths became obsolete at the invention of the Cellular Phone.
As you have observed, the Cellular phone fits much easier in your shirt pocket than a phone booth.:yum:

Nice find, Enjoy.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm 62 and never owned a cell phone. I was asked to put a tower on my place.turned it down.

it is nice,real shame wife doesn't want it in the livingroom. so a bedroom /office it will go.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a nice booth! Put it in the oval office, over the commode. :)

I was asked to put a tower on my place.turned it down.

Around me, they pay the land owner a lot to put a tower on their property. Last I checked, it was in the thousands of dollars per month for as long as the tower was kept there.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys are all a little slow. This is a blatant attempt to extort change from guests so he can get another snowcat. He will offer them a trip back in time and take their money for doing it.:clap:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice booth. :thumb: :clap: I do think we still need them all about for folks who want to jabber on their cell phone in public. They always talk so much louder than normal and no one else wants to hear them yap.

I've considered approaching a cell tower company in an effort to get one on my property. It would cover an area on the Ohio river where there is currently no coverage. So it is badly needed.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc - you want coverage on the water? I'd like to get coverage at my home first...

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Doc - you want coverage on the water? I'd like to get coverage at my home first...

Life and death emergencies happen on the water, and you have no land line to fall back on. I think coverage is imperative. .....topic for another thread though. Sorry JimVT