• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Black Holes are mind boggling

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, my brain was crushed because I thought it may be about something else.
:shifty:
Not really... :yum:

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Astronomers say the nearest black hole is at the center of our galaxy; the Stars Guru at the university down the street here swears that this is true. Since black holes are believed to be collapsed stars and the most gravitationally dense things in the known universe, not even light can escape one. Once anything touches the outer fringes of a black hole, called the "event horizon", it is inexorably drawn in and crushed by the massive gravity, never to be seen again.

I believe with all my heart that the astronomers are completely wrong on this one. A place meeting that definition appears to exist much closer the the galaxy center, a place with gravity so strong that even ideas that enter are crushed. It is called the District of Columbia. :whistling: :w00t2: