• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Two More Fires

Leni

Two new fires burning several miles south of me. They are within a few miles of each other. Strong dry winds are not helping and neither is the high heat. Just stepped out onto my front porch and the reading was 110 in the shade.

Leni

2 Wildfires Explode; Homes, Campsites Evacuated; Roads Closed
Both fires sparked Monday. Within a few hours, some residents were ordered to evacuate immediately. #FishFire #ReservoirFire

Shared from the North Hollywood-Toluca Lake, CA Patch

By Bea Karnes (Patch Staff) - June 20, 2016 6:08 pm ET
ShareTweetGoogle PlusRedditEmailComments0
2 Wildfires Explode; Homes, Campsites Evacuated; Roads Closed

Two wildfires sparked in the Angeles National Forest late Monday morning and quickly grew into monsters that forced the evacuation of homes and campgrounds, and the closure of roads.

Calfire is now assisting in fighting the fires, one dubbed the #ReservoirFire while the other is called the #FishFire.

The fires are near Azusa and Duarte.

Evacuation orders are in effect in Azusa for the Mountain Cove, Rainbow Canyon Ranch and El Encanto areas, with an evacuation center established at Memorial Park, 320 N. Orange Ave. In Duarte, evacuation orders are in effect for residents north of Fish Canyon Road from Greenbank Avenue to Encanto Parkway, with an evacuation center at Duarte City Hall/Senior Center, 1610 Huntington Drive.

The speed at which the Reservoir Fire grew from 6 acres to 600 is breathtaking -- about an hour. And the evacuation order was just as hasty.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Stay safe Leni, we are all here praying for you and your family.

Pay attention, and start moving things to safety if you can, if needed.

And, say a prayer now and then.. :smile:

Best regards, Kirk

Leni

Thanks for your concern. We are miles away from the current fires but who knows where the next one will be. Our important papers are in a safe that can withstand high temperatures for a long period of time. The nearest hills are to the south of me and the wind almost always comes from the north.

Every time one of these start I think about not only people but the animals and other wildlife that lives in the hills and mountains.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for your concern. We are miles away from the current fires but who knows where the next one will be. Our important papers are in a safe that can withstand high temperatures for a long period of time. The nearest hills are to the south of me and the wind almost always comes from the north.

So, you are in the Palmdale Lancaster area?

Leni

No. I'm in the San Fernando Valley, a community named Tarzana. It used to be Edgar Rice Burrough's ranch. It was named after Tarzan.

On the way home from a doctors appointment for my daughter we passed several fire engines and backed up traffic on the north bound side. Turns out that there was a car fire and the Dept was taking no chances.