• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 1442B

deanmachine

I've got this 1989 Tucker 1442B sitting around and I'm thinking about selling it.
Has anyone got an idea what I should ask for it? It's got the 318 Chrysler and Allison auto. Hydraulics in back. It ran great until the carb boogered up with ethanol the previous owner must have put it. I've only ran it a hand full of times put non ethanol premiun in it. Gauge is not working. The carb is rebuilt nicely and needs to go back on, tank cleaned out etc. Have some spare parts with it like new belts for tracks. Dean in Vermont

Attachments

• Tucker 1442B 01.jpg
    Tucker 1442B 01.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 390
  • Tucker 1442B 02.jpg
    Tucker 1442B 02.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 362

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Dean, I've done a lot of research into this and $4500 would be fair. I'm six hours away and leaving now, willing to pay the full $4500 sight unseen:th_lmao:

deanmachine

Hey had you said 5500...then maybe....

Attachments

• Tucker 1442B 04.jpg
    Tucker 1442B 04.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 367
  • Tucker 1442B 05.jpg
    Tucker 1442B 05.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 364

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
:hammer:Jeez, I should have said $2500, you almost took me seriously!
You'll probably have an easier time selling it with the carb on so the buyer can hear it run, see it move. Price will depend on hours, work done, work needed etc. There are lots of tucker owners on here that can give you a much better idea of value than me. I was trying to be funny but I'm not so good at that sometimes either:hammer:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Dean,

First, welcome to the forum.

This is the worst time of year to be selling a snowcat, and one that isn't running would be discounted further.

I would suggest you take the time to repair the mechanical issues and get it satisfactorily operational, or be willing to take a hefty haircut on the price. I'd list it for sale after Labor Day as traffic and interest will pick up.

The first question is how many hours are on the machine, and then I'd want to know who operated it for most of it's life. Rear hydraulics would imply use as a groomer, which can be "hard" hours. You mentioned you had some some spare parts. What shape are the track belts, grouser bars, drive sprockets and idler wheels in?

The Allison transmission is a positive, but the two door cab setup and short tracks are negatives, at least to me.

deanmachine

Update on the 1442B, Cleaned out the tank, flushed the lines, new filters, oil change, mounted the rebuilt carb and started it right up. Runs and drives nice. There are under 2500 hrs on the clock. I have all the original Tucker manuals for this as well. WooHooo!!