• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Door Latch Source

tomelroy

Does anyone know the name of this style of door latch? Also a good/affordable source for them?

Attachments

• P1080148.jpg
    P1080148.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 280

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ever had a night mare jump up at you?

I recognise this latch... With out the steel reinforcement plate covering the soft cast aluminum.. It was in the late 80's when I purchased an after market hard top for a CJ5 jeep. Those looked like these but with out the steel plate over the top. With out the steel plate, they will plain and simple break out around the latch pins. I Tig welded mine and added the steel backer to them as well.

Good luck, my jeep top was made by Acme. No idea if they are still around. Maybe they are OK with the steel backing plate.

Regards, Kirk

Dr. Zaugg

I think I have four or five of them. Very difficult to find them until Mid Feb because of work schedule. I would need actual dimensions to know if mine are what you are looking for.