• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Crappy and cool here too.
Aimee was up making homemade tortillas.
Next thing I know I'm getting a plate served to me.
"Here, eat this".
Okie dokie!
:ohmy::yum:
20190513_083351-768x768.jpg

20190513_083238-768x768.jpg

20190513_083615-768x768.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently I’m taking Dasha to buy underwear at Victoria’s Secrets this afternoon.

The lovely Mrs_Bob is laughing

It doesn’t look suspicious that an older man is taking a teen girl to buy scanties? Right? Noting unusual there.

I’m expecting one of you to bail me out. The rest of you will be expected to show up as character witnesses

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Just hope she doesn't ask for your opinion on what they look like on her. You might get a funny look.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently I’m taking Dasha to buy underwear at Victoria’s Secrets this afternoon.

It doesn’t look suspicious that an older man is taking a teen girl to buy scanties? Right? Noting unusual there.

I’m expecting one of you to bail me out. The rest of you will be expected to show up as character witnesses

It's nobody's business what you do, first of all.
By now she probably feels like your own daughter anyway.
Let her go in, you busy yourself at the pretzel place or wherever.
Then sit on a chair or bench and wait for her.
Providing this is in a mall, of course.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very much a family member.

My wife introduces her as our daughter. We are spending more time with her because we put her on an airplane on June 1. She is moving to Boston. We will cry when we say goodbye to her.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Bail? I've got ten bucks in my wallet plus a pile of change in my underwear drawer. Not something I would do for just anybody but, it's yours if you need it.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Bail? I've got ten bucks in my wallet plus a pile of change in my underwear drawer. Not something I would do for just anybody but, it's yours if you need it.
Lmao. I can trade in my empties and donate to the cause as well. All you have to do is ask.

Canadian eh!!!

road squawker

GOLD Site Supporter
Years ago I bought a Harbor Freight Concrete mixer on sale with a 3 day coupon for $139.00. Put it away for the day I would need it.

I figured it would take an hour or two to assemble. Wrong! Bag after bag of nuts and bolts all accompanied by really lousy instructions. Over four hours so far.
But it is mostly together.
I need some gasket sealer that was "not included" in the kit. 8 screws and locking nuts more and it will then be done.

I'll be mixing and pouring sometime this week.

I have one of those too, for the price, I'm happy.

the "instructions" are terrible, just look at the picture and put it together.

You don't need any gasket sealer, just use some roller bearing grease to hold the gasket in place when you join the drum halves.:smile:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rented a two man post hole digger. 5.5hp gas. 8" auger. Replacing mail box post and installing a huge rural mailbox. This puppy is big. It will sure make our mailman happy. :D I'll take a pic once it's up.

Son helped run the digger. Easy peasy. Had the hole dug in no time. Put in the quikrete, leveled and tacked it in place....then it started raining. Good timing for a change. Will let it set up for a few days then finish up the project.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

You don't need any gasket sealer, just use some roller bearing grease to hold the gasket in place when you join the drum halves.:smile:

I thought about that. I know I have a can of it "somewhere" in the garage.

Thanks!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Just letting you know that idea worked out well. I spread the grease liberally on the lower bowl including the perforated lip where the pinion gear meets and drives it.
Slapped the gasket on with the upper bowl.

Wallah! the pinion gear, which after assembly is hard to reach, was also well lubricated
:thumbup:Thanks!:thumbup:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Kinda rainy on and off. Made a trip out to the new house to drop off the scooter and lift. We head back out in a bit to do the final walk through before closing tomorrow. Then I have physio this afternoon. The driveway is clear now so I can load up the truck camper onto the truck for this weekend. I pick up the new boat tomorrow morning.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I took a walk to work to see how long it would take me to actually get there.
13 minutes.
It's 2 by car.
Kind of a boring day really.
Aimee's not feeling well, so she called off work tonight and went to bed to rest.
I had face time with my girls this morning.
Just talked to sonny tow boy, he's in Michigan towing a camper.
For lack of knowing what to make for dinner, I got myself some KFC.
That's it. Lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
All kinds of action today. We did the final inspection walk through. Effective tomorrow we will officially be owners of the house. Then the fun begins. Moving sucks. But this should be it.

Oh, we also finalized the deal to get the expedition. It will be delivered in a couple weeks. Lots of big changes up here. New house. New boat. New suv(not by choice)

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So today is starting off on a sour note. So much to do and I discovered a screw sticking out of one of the tires on the rental vehicle.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Back to work tonight.
I'll be mostly on the rehab wing the rest of the week.
Thing about this place is there are 95 patients/residents vs the 140 or so I was used to at the other facility I'd worked ,for nearly 12 years.
I'm making a big pork loin tonight.
That'll feed us for a few days.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
aging; soon, hiding underneath that comforter-- man, when this aging thing begins, hide-- fast!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day. Got the boat. Got the house. Brought the first load of boxes over and watched the kids and wife unload it while I tested out the lawn tractor.

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Got my lawn tractor (TORO) back together this morning along with an old Husky mower that needed a new blade and control cable. The Tractor got two new blades, belts, battery, solenoid and carburetor.

Both ran very well in the 12" grass that has grown for three weeks of rain.

Put a wood frame in the car hauler as the previous owner had place an AC unit on the roof that was too heavy. Later this summer we plan to yank it off and put a skylight in the hole.

My son then left for Connecticut with the trailer and both mowers. He is getting his house ready for sale. And bringing back the last of his stuff. I still have to make a trip there and get My Ford 8N with a bucket loader.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No rain today. Woo Hoo. I got the mailbox project about finished (waiting on route number to be delivered) ...we needed a BIG rural mailbox and I finally was able to cut the grass which seems to be growing at record speed.

Attachments

• Mailbox2.jpg
    Mailbox2.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 57

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Packing, getting ready for a week long trout fishing extravaganza. Off the grid in perfect style. :thumbup: While I am not what you would call an avid fisherman, I do get by and enjoy the time spent. No women allowed. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Packing, getting ready for a week long trout fishing extravaganza. Off the grid in perfect style. [emoji106] While I am not what you would call an avid fisherman, I do get by and enjoy the time spent. No women allowed. :yum:
I did the same thing. Packing up the truck camper and boat to head out tomorrow for a weekend of walleye fishing. It's our annual tradition. My parents have been going to the same place since they were teens. Their parents took them. They took us as kids. I been going every year and now my son gets to carry on the tradition. We camp out in the woods in an old clay pit. Same place every year. We have a friend from Michigan who comes up every year. He's been here 58 years in a row. I remember playing baseball with him as a kid.

Canadian eh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.