• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not much to do with a blizzard raging out side all night, into this morning. 8" of new snow, and 50 mph winds have the visibility down to maybe a hundred yards or so. The Wind is predicted to blow like this all day today, till around sun down..

Once the wind lies down the clean up will begin. I have a feeling the 9' 4wd diesel snow blower in my back yard will get a work out, something it has not done in several years.

The weather forecasters did not over state this storm as they have so many times before. So for them, it is about time they got it right...…

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We didn't get the snow overnight they were predicting. It is very windy here. There's still a chance that we'll get snow snow today. Like we really need more.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I didn't go to mass today.
Either I drive and risk a tree or debris hitting my car, or I walk arriving looking like someone drug me through a bush backwards.
2rofl.gif

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very windy here to. Thankfully no more precip for the next few days. Wind should help dry things out. Taking the UTV out for a ride on the back trails this afternoon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Very windy here to. Thankfully no more precip for the next few days. Wind should help dry things out. Taking the UTV out for a ride on the back trails this afternoon.
I was just out last week checking on my utv. It's still in winter hibernation under that grey tarp.
2bfaeb2f873dd1fda456ea2ea99768a7.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sitting here listening to the wind gust and howl. Hoping that the power doesn't go out. Thinking about a foster Parent I used to work with that passed away this morning from complications to a liver surgery he had 2 days ago. They found a tumor on his liver and attempted to remove it along with part of his liver.

That could have been me when my liver was nearly cut in half.

Canadian eh!!!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Very slow day for me because of all the #%@&ing (fucking) snow on the ground.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Yay. No appointments for two days in a row. What will I ever do with myself? On today's agenda is to clear the driveway which should be a lovely mess as it rained Saturday night forming a nice layer of slush before it snowed. Now it's -21 with a windchill of -37. Oh well. The lawn won't need mowing till the end of June.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Need to call my doctor about lowering my prescription dose.
Some banking, shopping.
Then working tonight.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm meeting with the company I bought my car from. I complained about a torque converter while it was under warranty but they blew me off. Now it's getting worse and not under warranty. They want to keep my business, so they are kind enough to sit down and try and make it right with me. We'll see.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
appears to be a lite dusting; nope; went & took a glimpse-- we're all gravy--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't do a whole lot today. But stayed busy. I had a craving for fresh walleye this morning so I took a drive to the reservation to get cheap gas and a breakfast of eggs and walleye. Yummy. Went for coffee with friends from the gym. Came home and prepared chicken, macaroni salad and ceasar salad for my sons birthday.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Spent the morning moving snow from yesterday's blizzard. Not a ton of snow, but deep drifts. Temps were single digits above zero with a steady 20 mph wind down from yesterdays 50mph.

Yes, I did freeze my friggin; ass off. :yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Woke up this morning and it was misty/damp/wet. Didn't do much. It broke just after noon, the clouds broke and I headed in to John Deere for a new battery for the Gator. While I was there I ate lunch. Stopped at Ace Hardware on the way home. It started to drizzle again just as I arrived. Changed in to work clothes and went outside to install new battery. Whoever designed this Gator should be shot. I changed the oil and filter on it once and swore that I would never do it again. Removing the old battery and installing the new wasn't that bad but it sure was awkward. Shit, they don't make anything easy.

After that I shut things down for the day. It's back to misty/damp/wet. I'm so tired of this weather.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my pal brought me food- drank a few glasses of vino, & then a nap-- i'm gonna begin to look to accomplish other stuff, too--

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Busy day today. I had a foster parent training session this morning followed shortly after by physio. One ended at 12:30 and the other started at 12:40 at the other end of the city. This afternoon my lovely wife and I had physicals with our family doctor for the adoption. That was the final thing we had to do to start the adoption process. Now it's a mandatory 6 month probation period followed by all the legal stuff in court to finalize things.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh. And the day started out with yet another bomb threat at the high school down the street. That's the third time in February. They still don't know who is making the threats so they have to take it seriously. Our kids schools went on lockdown again.

Canadian eh!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the morning shopping around for various assistive devices for me. I'm looking for a wheelchair for days when I can barely stand because of lack of circulation in my legs and feet. Also a heated vest and blanket as my circulation sucks now. My legs and feet are always freezing. The heated vest is for my back. I spent the afternoon bundled up in front of the electric fireplace trying to warm up.

Canadian eh!!!

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the morning shopping around for various assistive devices for me. I'm looking for a wheelchair for days when I can barely stand because of lack of circulation in my legs and feet. Also a heated vest and blanket as my circulation sucks now. My legs and feet are always freezing. The heated vest is for my back. I spent the afternoon bundled up in front of the electric fireplace trying to warm up.

Canadian eh!!!

I have the same with my feet and legs. Circulation troubles and I’m on blood thinners for my heart and DVT. i’ve had some success with thermal socks. I used to have a pair of heated socks but I can’t find them :(

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up the truck on Friday. Not too bad a shape for age and miles, which were less than advertised. Some good some bad. More in the truck forum 2B posted tomorrow.

Got to the house Friday night to find the power turned off and the Oil tank empty. House was 35 %F. His backup generator had not been test run for two years and would not start. Ran to LOWES and bought a 7500 Watt Generator and some oil filled electric heaters. Got the house to 55%F by about 4:00 AM Saturday morning.

Power came on Monday. But the oil and Propane did not arrive until Tuesday when we finally got to take a hot shower.

Everything in the Fridge and Freezer was ruined. The place was a mess and we spent most of Saturday and Sunday on kitchen cleanup and stripping the floors of carpet, pad, and staples. It's ready for him to lay down underlayment plywood and laminate wood floors.

Loaded up the box trailer with furniture, appliances and lawn equipment. Also on Tuesday we picked up the boat at the marina (four flat tires) and brought it back behind his new truck.

We bugged out Wednesday at noon for the long trip home. A 24 hour journey with it's own set of challenges including, an incredibly surly cop in Pennsylvania, bad trailer lights and a blow out in Ohio at 1:30 in the morning on I-70. No spare on the boat trailer (stolen at the Marina along with the license plate. Seized lug nuts as well. All at temperatures in the low 20's

Quite and adventure but, we made it home to St. Louis and it's ice storm Thursday morning about 8:00.

I took a nap until about 4:00 today. Busy day Friday at work so we will unload on Saturday.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Picked up the truck on Friday. Not too bad a shape for age and miles, which were less than advertised. Some good some bad. More in the truck forum 2B posted tomorrow.

Got to the house Friday night to find the power turned off and the Oil tank empty. House was 35 %F. His backup generator had not been test run for two years and would not start. Ran to LOWES and bought a 7500 Watt Generator and some oil filled electric heaters. Got the house to 55%F by about 4:00 AM Saturday morning.

Power came on Monday. But the oil and Propane did not arrive until Tuesday when we finally got to take a hot shower.

Everything in the Fridge and Freezer was ruined. The place was a mess and we spent most of Saturday and Sunday on kitchen cleanup and stripping the floors of carpet, pad, and staples. It's ready for him to lay down underlayment plywood and laminate wood floors.

Loaded up the box trailer with furniture, appliances and lawn equipment. Also on Tuesday we picked up the boat at the marina (four flat tires) and brought it back behind his new truck.

We bugged out Wednesday at noon for the long trip home. A 24 hour journey with it's own set of challenges including, an incredibly surly cop in Pennsylvania, bad trailer lights and a blow out in Ohio at 1:30 in the morning on I-70. No spare on the boat trailer (stolen at the Marina along with the license plate. Seized lug nuts as well. All at temperatures in the low 20's

Quite and adventure but, we made it home to St. Louis and it's ice storm Thursday morning about 8:00.

I took a nap until about 4:00 today. Busy day Friday at work so we will unload on Saturday.

Sounds like quite an adventure! Glad to hear you you’re home.

Jim

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
doctor appointment, then shopping 4 this squeaking mouse 4 my meower, babs-- she has hidden 2--she has to have her pink mouse~~ she is beyond spoiling--

Last edited:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Hopefully you had Triple A to help with the blow out and seized lug nuts. Glad you made it home okay.

------------------
Here:
Basement work continues then tonight we go to a local actors guild for a play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.