• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker Wheels

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
I’ve seen several people that have put wheels/tires on their Tucker’s for whatever reason. Can anyone tell me what the bolt pattern is on a 50’s 400 series? What wheels are you using? Im gonna have to clear a 7’ garage door opening.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I’ve seen several people that have put wheels/tires on their Tucker’s for whatever reason. Can anyone tell me what the bolt pattern is on a 50’s 400 series? What wheels are you using? Im gonna have to clear a 7’ garage door opening.

hey, "Clyde the tucker man" I will take this one,

4 1/2 on 5 is the bolt pattern, and with putting tires on the your tucker, yes it will go in the garage,

and if, you were to paint a bunch of colorful circles of varying sizes on your newly to be acquired tucker, lots of circles, find a great clown outfit, you too, can run away and join the circus.

fyi, it is a real job to remove the pontoons, might be best just to raise the garage door opening height to 8', this would make life a lot easier, and if that is not possible, built a new shop, and if that is not possible, buy a new house with the need garage door height, if all this seems like a lot of work, buy a Thiokol !!!

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The spare tires on many of today's cars are of small diameter and may help get you under the door. The wrecking yards will just about give them away, no one wants them. And also you could pull the rubber off and drive in on a couple of 2X4's. Measure twice and buy once.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
The spare tires on many of today's cars are of small diameter and may help get you under the door. The wrecking yards will just about give them away, no one wants them. And also you could pull the rubber off and drive in on a couple of 2X4's. Measure twice and buy once.

if you put wheels and tires on a tucker, you do get under the 7 foot garage door, no problem, I refer you to the taper back tucker that is sitting on wheels and tires

remember the goal is to have a clown car, and running away to the circus...

Last edited:

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the info - 5 on 4.5” is super common - I probably will go find 4 spare tires - nice and small and cheap.

We just bought our absolute dream house - I wish 8’ garage doors were an option - not gonna happen. I did get a 4 car garage though! 1 Prerunner, 1 Tucker work shop I mean.......

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the info - 5 on 4.5” is super common - I probably will go find 4 spare tires - nice and small and cheap.

We just bought our absolute dream house - I wish 8’ garage doors were an option - not gonna happen. I did get a 4 car garage though! 1 Prerunner, 1 Tucker work shop I mean.......

seriously, pulling the pontoons off is a task and then back on....... every time you take it out for a winter adventure,

yikes,

you need to either get an 8' garage door or

buy a ThiokoL !

Last edited:

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
'56 443 with 12" radius tires is 6'6". With pontoons and tracks 7'3". This does not include any roof mounted lights etc. or exhaust stack extensions. No need to buy the short spare tires.

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
The pontoons on whatever I buy will probably need to be fully serviced and painted anyway. The wheels are just for when it is down at my place in So Cal - after its all dialed in and ready to play with its headed for North Idaho where it will have a nice heated shop with 10’ doors to enjoy its retirement years out of!

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
'56 443 with 12" radius tires is 6'6". With pontoons and tracks 7'3". This does not include any roof mounted lights etc. or exhaust stack extensions. No need to buy the short spare tires.

Super helpful numbers - thanks Drifter.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Every 80's & 90's (2000's ??) Caravan has what you are looking for. Just check for dry rot.