• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

DO NOT BE OFFENDED: Ford F250/350 Superduty Depreciation

DAP

I, for the life of me, cannot possibly imagine why these trucks have such high resale value. Turbo Diesel alone cannot carry the day. I've been looking at these trucks and a lot of em are falling apart around their motors. Furthermore, the interiors are ummmm dull.

Nonetheless, they are still bringing high monies. I want one. Or do I. I need/want something real big with a diesel at a REAL price.

Ford Owners DO NOT BE OFFENDED.

I'd like a 1997 or later model with a long bed, 4WD, crew cab and 95000 miles or less - Plenty of 2WD available but I KNOW that motor is too heavy for the 2WD machines - real bad idea in my mind. There's a guy up the road selling a 95 longbed with an extra cab, Powerstroke with 82k miles on it. He started it at 6500 about a 8 months ago. Now it's 4500. Body is in GREAT shape, interior is ratty - but its 2WD. This aint Texas.

They all seem to be over 20 grand at that spec looking locally. Dealer had an OH2 with short bed, crew cab, 62k miles, Diesel, superduty 1 ton for 31K ...

Toyota will have a full size Diesel in the US in the not so distant future so Ford and GM better do some house cleaning up top.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
My 1999 F250 SD Diesel with 150K on it runs great. The interior is in good shape and I don't baby it. I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

With all the low interest deals in recent years I would expect that the depreciation would be higher though. Perhaps you need to shop around.

You'll find lots of people to tell you that Ford is crap though. Keep asking around. Auto brand loyalty is close to politics and religion with some people.

buy_25

Banned
I agree. They are overpriced for what you get. I had a 1997 and had the typical Ford issues & interior was about up to 1990 par. Cheap is about as "high" as I would do for it.

The price is high since most people think they are worth alot. With fuel prices higher, you would think the owners would lower the prices. They are worth what people will pay for them; no more, no less.

Plus the markup on the truckes at dealer level is a joke.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doug,
I think the 1999 and up might get a higher resale value than that older one is asking.
I asked when I traded mine in, why the residual value was so high. And were the new ones up that high too? I was told that the commercial users snap them up as quick as they come in.

Kubota King

Keep your eye out on ebay DAP. This last summer I bought a 99' 4 wd drive ford super duty deisel on ebay for $9000.00 it is an xlt so it is loaded & runs & drives great. It took me 4 months of searchng to find this deal.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
DAP said:
Ford Owners DO NOT BE OFFENDED.

I don't think you could offend me. But as an owner of 45 vehicles I am buying less and less GM's every year and going to more Fords. That is pickups and cargo vans. I personally believe GM's quality has dropped faster than Fords. We keep records on every vehicle and I spend a lot less in repairs on the Fords.

DAP said:
Toyota will have a full size Diesel in the US in the not so distant future so Ford and GM better do some house cleaning up top.

Yes I do agree, GM, Ford and Chrysler better wake up. They better figure out how to increase quality and lower their price. And they need to do more than clean up top, the assembly line has to change right along with it.

murph

Last edited:

Kubota King

I guy i know is a service clerk at a GM dealership. He said the duramax deisels blow injector pumps constantly. He said he is noticing that guys are switching to other brands becasue of this. They all have flaws but the $2600.00 to replace the injector pumps is a big one. My personal issue with GM trucks is the weak from end with the IFS suspension. It's a work truck, not a caddy, it should be built to be tough not ride nice.