• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Off to Camp Lejeune!

Hutchman

Site Supporter
I'm taking off in a few hours for North Carolina to welcome my son, Cpl. Hutch, home from his deployment to Iraq. He's a Marine Main Battle Tank Mechanic but also served as a tank crewman for a couple months over there. Supposedly he will arrive on base sometime around noon Wednesday. He called from Kuwait this morning so he is safely out of Iraq. Here is a pic of him and his tank crew. This is in their hangar at Habbaniyah. He's the one on the right.
I know you guys from MTF have already seen this because I just cut and pasted my post from over there because I've got to get to bed. Hutch

Attachments

• tankcrew1.jpg
    tankcrew1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 127

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Hutchman! Give him a big thanks from all of us at FF! We're proud of his work and thankful for his time!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Hutch , Here's hoping for a safe trip home for Mike . And a safe trip for You as well . It's difficult to put into words how much of a debt of gratitude I owe Young men like Your Son . John

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hutch, I wish I knew he was there, I send packages to soldiers every few weeks, I would have been happy to send your son and his buddies care packages.

Nixon, BTW is Tina home yet? She hasn't visited the Forums in a while!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hutch,

Hope he has a safe trip home and you off to meeting him. Tell him thanks, I appreicate what he has done especially after hearing today's news.

murph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Congrats Hutch! That has to be a great feeling knowing he is out of Iraq and soon to be on US soil.
THANKS to him and his whole unit for a job well done under the harshest of circumstances.
Enjoy the homecoming! :beer: :beer:

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Well, the lad made it home to the USA safely yesterday morning. I'm still at Lejeune waiting for him to get off today. They are going to reintegration classes. He says they have to learn that back here if you see a guy on the side of the road with a shovel, he's probably not planting an IED, so don't shoot him.
He wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse for a beer and a steak for his first meal home. Here's a couple pics. One is him right after getting off the bus, then, one of Old Hutch and Cpl. Hutch

Attachments

• HomeCLJ 006.jpg
    HomeCLJ 006.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 102
  • HomeCLJ 008.jpg
    HomeCLJ 008.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 105

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Hutch , That's great !!! I'm glad that He made it home safe .
All the best to You ,and CPL HUTCH ! John

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome Hutch. Congrats! :beer:

Good pics. Thanks for sharing. Heck man, you don't look old enough to be retiring! Lucky duck!!!!!!!

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Hutchman said:
then, one of Old Hutch and Cpl. Hutch

He's a little taller then the old man now.. must be from standing proud! Nothing could be better.. Congrats!!! Tell him I said Thankyou!!

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Doc, You're right, I'm not old enough or rich enough to retire. Just retired from that job. I'm taking a few months off and soon going to find something else to do. Mike and I are going down to see his grandparents in Florida, then I'm going job hunting. I could probably hook up with any of these GM dealers around here as a mechanic but, I'm kinda tired of wrenching on cars and trucks.
Thanks to all of you for your good wishes! Hutch

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Bob, Thanks for your support of our troops. There are a lot of them over there who don't receive anything. In Mike's case, he got more care packages than he could use. One day he actually got seven packages. I also asked, for someone else who wanted to send something, if there was anyone in his unit who needed packages and he said they were all getting plenty.
Kensfarm, it doesn't take much to get taller than me! I'm only 5'9" and I guess I'm starting the old dude shrinking thing. But yeah, he does stand tall. He's done something not everybody can do. Hutch

P

Pigtails

Hutch,
Tell your son, thank you from all of us. There just doesn't seem to be a BIG enough Thank you to warrant what those guys and gals do for us here in the States. :respect: :flagusa:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Hutch this is Tina, tell your son welcome home. I can only imagine what he went through. Thanks
Tina

Hutchman

Site Supporter
Thanks Tina, I'll tell him. Thanks to you for your service and welcome home. I've been PMing some with your Dad. You've got some great folks there! Hutch