• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Block Heater for 1404

Woody_1

I want to install a block heater in a 1404 imp. Is there a frost plug block heater available for the v-4? I just messaged Fogtender. I know he has one on his in Nenana. I sent him a message also. I'm not sure how long it will take for his reply. Woody1

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
that motor shares alot of design with the 2.8 the block heaters for the 2.8 go in the left front or right rear head take a look at the cylinder heads and see if you have freeze plugs in the heads if so it would be a safe bet that you could use a 2.8 bock heater

Woody_1

that motor shares alot of design with the 2.8 the block heaters for the 2.8 go in the left front or right rear head take a look at the cylinder heads and see if you have freeze plugs in the heads if so it would be a safe bet that you could use a 2.8 bock heater
I had a hunch that you would be one of the first to reply to this thread. Not much going on in your neck of the woods. I just spent a month in Galena on a dirt job there. Not much happening there either. Anyway, Napa just got back to me on the block heater. Your right, they have one but Zero start part #3100036 sez to install in the front of the right head. But on my 104 cid. the top Alt. Brkt. anchor bolt is right above that frost plug as is the Alt. belt. It's inaccessble. He said that instruction may be for the 91 cid. Engine. My question now is my right head Does have a frost plug in the rear of the head. And is totally accessible. I hate to pop that plug and find out there is no room because of the cylinder. Ol Fogtender would know.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the heads are the same they are just swapped around so the rr is the same as the left front i put one in to a bv 206 with a 2.8 a couple of years ago works just fine