• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What models are the wide track/w reverse snowmobiles?

berg

I have been ice fishing and would like to take my 85 year dad out while he still has the desire.
I have been wanting one for a while and started
searching .
I am only aware of the Skidoo Skandic and the Alpine but wondered what are the other models on that I could search for with reverese and a wide track.

Opinions on what to get would be highly appreciated...
Used is best as a new one might be too $$$

Yamaha?
Arctic Cat?
Polaris?
???

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Skandic is a good one. Arctic Cat has a Bearcat that is pretty nice too. Yamaha used to have a VK540 but I don't know if they still make it. The Yamaha Enticer II was a good one too.
I prefer the Ski Doo's. The Rotax engine is pretty hard to beat. I've rolled into town a few times with one cylinder working. Take a licken' and keep on ticken'...

snotrans

We have several 2008 Polaris Wide Track LX's that we used, that we do sale. when job is done. Price $6000.new around $9500. These are a well designed work or utility snowmobile that we use for "Quicker"access than our Tucker's and LMC 1500's for Mt Top work,when only a small amount of equipment and manpower is needed. It has a liquid cooled engine with electric start, 20 inch wide " 2'' lug track that is 156'' long, and two speed forward and reverse transmission with a lot of storage under seat and rear cargo area. These are the 4x4's of snowmobiles They have worked very well for us. and are very cost effective compared to snow cat's This same machine and model has been well proven and is widely used in Alaska and Canada for towing large sleds .PM for more details if interestedor call 208-549-2501 Idaho. We will offer to sale one more on our new replacement rotation schedule this season. Bill