• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker for auction

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty darn nice looking Tucker for it's age.

Prime candidate for some one to lavish some love and grease on the old girl, and bring her back to life. Some one is going to get a great machine here, I think... But what do I know, I own a Snow Trac.. :unsure:

Regards, Kirk

pretty neat how they did the single wire chevy altenator running the turn on power wire through an oil pressure switch-------great idea

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Pretty darn nice looking Tucker for it's age.

Prime candidate for some one to lavish some love and grease on the old girl, and bring her back to life. Some one is going to get a great machine here, I think... But what do I know, I own a Snow Trac.. :unsure:

Regards, Kirk

Kirk Kirk Kirk,

and what do you know? you are a pretty smart guy, you have a snow trac,

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
this is, one very nice clean straight tucker sno cat, if you are bargain hunting, good luck, far too good of tucker to go for a bargain hunters price, and if you are looking for a very good tucker this is the one to buy....

nice nice body

rollers are all quite good

pontoons are the correct ones for that year and they are in super good condition

the rails are good

and looks like there are no rust issues!

think all it needs is a good detail, service, and lots of grease and you would be ready for the next years sno!

$12 to $15K, more than fair money for a really good tucker,

pontoons and rollers are worth that alone.

at that price, excellent value for the money

FYI, far far far cheaper than buying a $5K project machine and spending $20 plus grand to get it into the same condition, just start with the rollers, 248 needed and they will cost you approx, $50.00 for new reproduction ones, and that comes to: $12,400.00, that is only, if you want to do it right. it all adds up very quickly.

again, at $12 to $15K price, excellent value for the money....

Last edited:

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not in the market for a 400/500 series tucker, but if I was... I've said it before, Snow cats all cost the same. cheap front end then deep pockets, or ready to run with regular maintenance. If someone gets this one short of $20K I think (from the pict) that they made a steal.

Now if it were a 560 or other super weird cat...

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
FYI, far far far cheaper than buying a $5K project machine and spending $20 plus grand to get it into the same condition, just start with the rollers, 248 needed and they will cost you approx, $50.00 for new reproduction ones, and that comes to: $12,400.00, that is only, if you want to do it right. it all adds up very quickly.

You forgot to factor in the beer consumed, both to complete those projects and to forget about the additional money spent. :beer: Livers aren't cheap (at least in the US)!

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
as far as nimble snow cats, the size and ability of the A model spryte is tops.

Tuckers are great, iconic and have that all american family story, but Im sorry they are pitifully small. Why the tracks are out to 96" and the cab is +- 50" wide is a mystery to me. sure they will go anywhere, eventually..... Yawn, yawn wipe eyes........

The A model cat is light, fast, responsive, Large enough to close the door with out leaning in front of the passenger.(s) Up to 10 comfortable passengers, hell each person could pack a lunch and still have room for a cooler of liver stressers.....

5k and climbing...... go team thiokol, dmc, LmC

< I always pull for the under dog>

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
as far as nimble snow cats, the size and ability of the A model spryte is tops.

Tuckers are great, iconic and have that all american family story, but Im sorry they are pitifully small. Why the tracks are out to 96" and the cab is +- 50" wide is a mystery to me. sure they will go anywhere, eventually..... Yawn, yawn wipe eyes........

The A model cat is light, fast, responsive, Large enough to close the door with out leaning in front of the passenger.(s) Up to 10 comfortable passengers, hell each person could pack a lunch and still have room for a cooler of liver stressers.....

5k and climbing...... go team thiokol, dmc, LmC

< I always pull for the under dog>

buy a Thiokol

buy a thiokol

buy a thiokol

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Should know at some point this afternoon. Still a great deal I believe . . .

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I see there is multiple days between the sales..

the 5 man at jj kane is the best bargain, (different thread), its the C model, perfect if you want a bit more of a working cat. still large roomy and fast, just takes a little more commitment to tow and operate than its lighter sibling the lowly A model.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I pulled one out of there two years ago, :wink:might have to buy this one and
Store it in The Portland warehouse :thumbup:

Snowcats can and do move from the west to the east but are not advertised the little ones are easier to hide
The big ones from Colorado not so much .................

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
the thiokol sold for $11,381.50 with buyer fees, if I did the math correctly.

I think that is a good value for the money.

ah, what do I know, I drink orange Kool-aide...

hope the new owner is happy and enjoys his thiokol for years to come.

the thiokol sold for $11,381.50 with buyer fees, if I did the math correctly.

I think that is a good value for the money.

ah, what do I know, I drink orange Kool-aide...

hope the new owner is happy and enjoys his thiokol for years to come.

$11,381.50 works out to $15,069 CAD, plus transport and other fees - still seems like a lot of money for that cat to me

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
$11,381.50 works out to $15,069 CAD, plus transport and other fees - still seems like a lot of money for that cat to me

yup, that is a LOT of money, transportation and fees, do add even more to the cost, hope the new owner enjoys lots of smiles, mile after mile of trouble free snow catting, otherwise it is a long way to snow shoe out. hopefully, it is a good very well cared for and property serviced machine, with little to no issues.

the only answer to the high cost of getting a snow cat, is for every owner to give their snow cat away. even better, they pay you to take it away.

yes, sadly, it is a lot of money.

yup, that is a LOT of money, transportation and fees, do add even more to the cost, hope the new owner enjoys lots of smiles, mile after mile of trouble free snow catting, otherwise it is a long way to snow shoe out. hopefully, it is a good very well cared for and property serviced machine, with little to no issues.

the only answer to the high cost of getting a snow cat, is for every owner to give their snow cat away. even better, they pay you to take it away.

yes, sadly, it is a lot of money.

it would appear that owning my low mileage 1344 is better than having money in the bank :clap:

RRose

SUPER Site Supporter
I’m kinda starting to fall in love with the ‘56 443’s now.......