• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I knew he was joking, Lenny.
:smile:

Welp! It's going to be a scorcher today.
High of 95.
I'll take the walk before too long.
Can't decide if I want to do the path or the park.
There are always Canadian geese in the park with their young ones.
They don't like us humans being around.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
It's supposed to be 99°F here today and with the tropical storm, it's as humid as hell.

We had a pretty heavy shower about 8 o'clock this morning so that canceled anything outside for a while. Besides the sprinklers are still running and will be until around 10 o'clock. I have some running around in town to do this morning so I won't get around to working outside until after lunch, when it starts to really heat up. I'm severely tempted to take today off but I have a water hose project that I started yesterday to get finished. Ah well, I suppose I'm going to hot and sweaty wet again today.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
more rocks coming out for cleaning and new plastic, its getting hotter earlier now so I have been getting out there a little earlier but not early enough. its 9am and already to hot.

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 61

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
It's supposed to be 99°F here today and with the tropical storm, it's as humid as hell.

We had a pretty heavy shower about 8 o'clock this morning so that canceled anything outside for a while. Besides the sprinklers are still running and will be until around 10 o'clock. I have some running around in town to do this morning so I won't get around to working outside until after lunch, when it starts to really heat up. I'm severely tempted to take today off but I have a water hose project that I started yesterday to get finished. Ah well, I suppose I'm going to hot and sweaty wet again today.
That storm is tracking north and is forecast to hit us about 4am all through tomorrow. We shall see. We're also in a heat advisory but we were yesterday too and it barely got over 20 celcius.

Lazy day so far. Blue skies with a nice breeze. Fighting with the girls on homeschooling this afternoon. I never wanted to be a f%*%*^g teacher. Lmao. But here we are. Both my wife and I staying home and teaching the kids meanwhile sending our 16 year old out to work.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, we're supposed to get storms between 5 and 6pm.
Tomorrow they're forecasting severe with rotation.
They don't really bother me like they used to.

The walk was pleasant, except for the cottonwood tree fluff making my face itch.
:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
These storms are appearing to be of the hit or miss variety.
Right now it looks like they are tracking up toward South Bend, Sturgis and Coldwater.

Tomorrow afternoon after 2pm tho.. look out.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The tropical depression didn't do much for us at all. It tracked well to the east. We got a 15 minute heavy shower on Monday and another this morning non of which is helping the humidity much. It's just plain old nasty out there. Got my running around done in town. I came home and thought that I'd get a quick nap because the chigger bites are making it almost impossible to sleep at night. I woke up 3-1/2 hours later so that pretty much took care of today.

My wife and I have dental appointments tomorrow morning in Longview so that'll kill all of the morning. I'll get back to my hose project in the afternoon. It's supposed to be back down in the 80s. That'll be a pleasant change.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
An inch or two of rain last night.

I was hoping there would be a Southwest Iowa Coalition on Human Trafficking meeting today but the meetings are still being canceled because of the Corona bologna. I don't blame them because the meetings are put on by the two hospitals in Council Bluffs. Several nurses and other staff members attend. They talked about starting a political steering committee and y'all know that is something I want to be part of, if not the leader.

I'll probably just take a country drive today.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Still raining. I made the 20 step trek to the kitchen earlier. Oh, I did get something accomplished. Lol. The Jacobsen tractor blew a belt for the center blade on the deck. I ordered 2 new ones.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
When I went to the work cabin last week on the return trip I brought the hauler home with the Tucker snow cat. When I started it at the storage it turned over slow but started. We stopped for gas a couple times where it restarted but slow. On the last stop it would not start and we had to jump it. When I got home it just clicked. I put the charger on it and charged it up fully. Started it up to check the alternator and it is putting out 15 volts?? Did some research and found that if an AGM battery is to low that a one wire alternator will not excite to charge. I have both of those. It sat about 6 months in the cold, I guess that what did it because the Tucker battery was low also. Seems to be fine now. Then I washed more rocks, now I am headed into the city to pick up welding supplies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Home and dry!
No severe weather here, but many surrounding counties sure got hit with damage.
I had a perfect day.
The type of day that nurses pray for.
:thumbup:

Bannedjoe

I got tagged about 6 times last night by a Hualapai tiger.

Four or five times on one arm, and another smack dab on the forehead.

If you don't know, sometime I'll tell you about the most vile, dastardly, vicious, creepy fucking insect to crawl or fly the face of the earth.

I done be a bit pissy and itchy today.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I got tagged about 6 times last night by a Hualapai tiger.

Four or five times on one arm, and another smack dab on the forehead.

If you don't know, sometime I'll tell you about the most vile, dastardly, vicious, creepy fucking insect to crawl or fly the face of the earth.

I done be a bit pissy and itchy today.

I hate those bugs!
Them and stink bugs. :hammer:

Today is cool and breezy.
I've got a meeting this afternoon, then after that who knows?
I don't work again until Saturday, that's a pick up.

Bannedjoe

I hate those bugs!

The thing about Hualapai's is they carry a nasty bacteria that they excrete while they are sucking your blood up through a proboscis that you can't even feel.

Their sting itches worse than a mosquito.
The problem is your natural reaction is to start scratching, wherein you scratch the surrounding invisible excrement into the bite.

This then produces a welt that can be half the size of a golf ball, and lasts for days or sometimes weeks, and never stops itching.

I keep the perimeter of the house as well as all windows and doorways treated with Bifen, and I usually find these guys belly up within a foot or so of my doors.

How this bastard made it into the bed, I don't know.
He most likely flew rather than crawled.

They are also known for spreading Chagas.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We were getting low on firewood at home so I bundled up the boys and headed to the woods to cut more. I ran into a rock with the husky chainsaw on the first cut and totally fd the chain. So I hauled out the smaller poulan chainsaw and cut enough to keep us going for a bit. The boys carried and piled the wood in the trailer. It's very windy and misting.
c8a03bd10196a423fb5d1431dc700776.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Meeting over.
Been talking to sonny boy numero uno about his new job prospect in Perrysburg.
Waiting for a friend to get off work so we can go grab some thai food, then I don't know...
I'll probably have a few beers tonight.
:mrgreen:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I took today to clean out the 6' X 24"storage/potting shed on the side of the garage. It has stored lumber, shingles, garden supplies, PVC pipe and all kinds of wood trim pieces. Old fishing gear, golf clubs, 3 Toro grass trimmers. Stacks of plastic bedding pots and clay pots and urns. All full of dust, critters, crud and debris. I filled the 8 foot Truck bed with crap and old stuff I bought over the years and will never use.

Weather was cool but everything was so moldy and musky, I had a 5' fan blowing in fresh air. Still, ;; My allergies exploded by about 4:00 PM as I was almost done. Benadryl and a long shower, then bed for me tonight.

But, the damn thing is gutted and ready for re-hab.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm on a treadmill now trying to type while walking 3.5 mph. My air-conditioner went out so I'll go home and wait for the repair man to show up.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm on a treadmill now trying to type while walking 3.5 mph. My air-conditioner went out so I'll go home and wait for the repair man to show up.

Hopefully it's cooler weather there!
Sure is here.
By the way, you're ripping it up on Farcebook again.
Better watch out!
I got 3 posts removed last night.:hammer:
Not locked or blocked.
Totally gone.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Hopefully it's cooler weather there!
Sure is here.
By the way, you're ripping it up on Farcebook again.
Better watch out!
I got 3 posts removed last night.:hammer:
Not locked or blocked.
Totally gone.

The air-conditioning technicians are here now. Thank God it was a broken wire.....probably a squirrel chewed it up.

I like Fakebook but I'm getting pissed off at their discrimination.

What kind of posts?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I like Fakebook but I'm getting pissed off at their discrimination.

What kind of posts?
One that was shared about BLM.
One about Biden saying the recent events are worse than when MLK was assassinated.
The other one was simply a military badge that said Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

Normally I get replies to posts or if I've got messages through the email service.
I did for every single post I made last night except those 3 things..
And they aren't there.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
One that was shared about BLM.
One about Biden saying the recent events are worse than when MLK was assassinated.
The other one was simply a military badge that said Whisky Tango Foxtrot.

Normally I get replies to posts or if I've got messages through the email service.
I did for every single post I made last night except those 3 things..
And they aren't there.

I asked to see if I could find them but they are gone.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
12s all around today.
12 hours on, noon to midnight.
Admissions new are there.
Isolation automatically since they've come directly from the area hospitals.
I'm going to have a lot of loose ends waiting.
That's a given.
:dizzy:

Bannedjoe

Digging holes, mixing cement, and setting posts for the porch roof.
Man, An iphone sure can screw up angles.
I 100% guarantee these posts are perfectly aligned and straight up and down.

I'm still a little pissed at the wife for not reading the labels on the caulk, and using the white instead of the clear.
I also have brown. (la la la la la...saw a squirrel...)
I'm going to have to fix a few things.
Somedays man, one step forward and three back.

Also, this poisoned little bastard came stumbling across my desk last night doing the dance of death.

Attachments

• IMG_2427.JPG
    IMG_2427.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2429.JPG
    IMG_2429.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2430.JPG
    IMG_2430.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.