• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: PHASE2!!!

Security just came on the radio and announcded: "Phase 2 Driving conditions,... CONVOY ONLY.... Milne Point radio out." Were getting 30 MPH gusts, I'll try to make some pictures, but don't expect much. Crappy snow conditions don't photograph very well in low light conditions. The wind chill is about 4 degrees.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
WELL THAT WAS BOGUS!! My glasses are all sleeted up!! and my camera's wet!!
2 DAY'S AGO ON THE 19TH
today3 001.jpg
TODAY!
today2 001.jpg

today2 002.jpg

today2 003.jpg

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Whiner Report!@#$%^&

WHAT! YOU DON'T LIKE THE FOOD AT THE CAMP?,...THE FREE FOOD?THE STEAK?THE LOBSTER?THE KING CRAB?
AND WHAT,.. YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THE SALAD BAR? THE FREE SALAD BAR? OUR CAMP'S BETTER THAN YOUR CAMP. OUR COOK JUST WON FIRST PLACE FOR HIS CHILI IN THE STATE OF ALASKA(FOR REAL!), PLACED 17TH OVERALL FOR THE NATIONALS! YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT MISTER? HERE FILL OUT THIS "DAILY WHINER REPORT",.. NO WAIT A MINUTE, 'GIMME' THAT BACK. HERE, FILL OUT THIS NEWER, POLITICALLY CORRECT, "HURT FEELINGS REPORT"! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!
(SEE ATTACHMENT, IF ANYOE KNOWS HOW TO OPEN IT AND ATTACH IT CORRECTLY, DO SO)
View attachment hurt-feelings-report-da_form_imt_wf1.pdf

Snow 005.jpg

Snow 006.jpg

Snow 007.jpg

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
Great form!
sounds like some of the "kinder/gentler" generation aren't "soldiering up" as well as they should...

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Nome got a light dusting over the weekend i think it all totaled up to about 1 inch temps are getting down to the 20's at night obout time for a good storm

bill w

we got about five inches last night...can't wait to try out our canam on tracks.i'm making a ramp on the back of the tucker to piggyback the canam.will be a great scouting vehicle

bill w

threw some pics in my profile.....canam on tjd xgen tracks goes real good,needs more snow..moose hunting photo...yea my wife got the big one..more soon,bill w

moosebgy

FINALLY!!! Got about 1/2 inch of snow last night. It's not much but a start. Now just have to wait for the other 200" to hit the ground.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
Nome got their first real snowfall last night. Woke up to about 6 inches this morning the ride to work was quiet this morning now that the tracks have something soft to bounce accross we are suupposed to get more snow today and tonight but as is the norm the wind is supposed to kick up tonight wich might bole all the white stuffaround and concentrate it in select places.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
winter storm watch is in affect for the seward peninsula snow up to 12 inches in the next 12 hours and wind to 50 mph visibility expected to be 1/4 mile or less wil post photos after the storm should make some good sized drifts

bill w

i just checked the doppler radar for your area...looks like it's gonna be a nice one....hopefully it heads this way...we got snow in the forcast for the next week...

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i just checked the doppler radar for your area...looks like it's gonna be a nice one....hopefully it heads this way...we got snow in the forcast for the next week...
12 inches fell last night drifts are 3 to 6 feet and still 0 vis and coming down darn happy to have the st-4 running as it was the only thing to make it to the tank farm to get the 966 fired up for snow removal

srexecmark

Winter Storm Watch for Thursday night through Friday for the Central Cascades in WA. I have 8" now and they are saying this next one could dump over 12". Looks like an early winter!

Mark

bill w

we got 5 inches last night,with 3 to 5 more today and tonite.still coming down hard...i'm liking it.....bill w

moosebgy

Finally have about 14" on the ground at the house. Blizzard warning for the pass tonight so who knows what I'll have to plow in the morning.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're at 2" right now.....started snowing last night after mild temps this week. Temps are still hovering around the freezing mark.

ve3otk

Raining and about +5C according to my weather station at home.

Dry and around 0C here at work (500 km NE of Marathon.)

cloudcap

GOLD Site Supporter
We had about eight inches of power Friday afternoon/evening. We were able to drive into the cabin (near Cle Elum, Washington) with the 4Runner, but after this weekend we'll probably need to use the Imp. Good times ahead!

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_8531-4.jpg
    IMG_8531-4.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 163

nikadog

1959 Thiokol 4VL
Site Supporter
Nice picture cloud cap. No snow yet in my area, just a couple of inches above 7,000 feet. I could hardly wait. :clap:

Briarpatch

Briarpatch here! I was up at our cabin yesterday, outside Laramie We have 12" - 18" of new snow on the ground and I was able to get the tucker out to help me get to the slash piles to burn. With the beetle kill it seems endless for cleanup. I had to walk in from our gate and had the ford chained up. Left earlier due to the winter storm warning. Hope to get up next week.

Attachments

• 100_1463.JPG
    100_1463.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 100_1465.JPG
    100_1465.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 138

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
winter storm watch is in affect for the seward peninsula snow up to 12 inches in the next 12 hours and wind to 50 mph visibility expected to be 1/4 mile or less wil post photos after the storm should make some good sized drifts
pictures from th ebig storm thats not fog on the wind shield its blowing snow