• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tiller,....... NO not a Tiller Front Blade!!!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
My wife for christmas wants one of them small tillers, 12" wide. Has anyone have any recommendations on a good one or have bought one. I can get my christmas shopping done this next week.

murph

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Junkman said:
What is a tiller front blade? Never heard of one before. New farming tool?

I saw one listed someplace before, but I don't think anyone really ever explained what it was. :yum: :yum:

humor_me

DON'T get the Troy-Bilt version. I had the 2 cycle model from about 10 years ago. Very weak, poorly sealed worm drive tranny. Mine froze after about 50 hours. TB would not warranty it beacuse they said it wasn't maintained. (which is bs, but you are at the mercy of the mechanic's opinion of the failure)

The ECHO (Mantis) is much more durable. I would like to try the Stihl unit, though.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have the Honda and would say it's a good machine. When I purchased, it was down to the Mantis or the Honda. The reviews I read said they were about equal in power but the Honda is much quieter (4-cycle) and has less vibration.

It starts on first pull and runs flawlessly. I wouldn't use it for breaking ground but it'll dig OK in a garden or such.

jwstewar

I have the Ryobi (now MTD) version that goes on the end of my weedwacker. My F-I-L has the Mantis. My Ryobi is 4 cycle and his Mantis is 2 cycle. My Ryobi starts easier and runs quieter w/ more power than his Mantis even though my Ryboi has probably 50x the hours on it as I also use the motor for weedeating. I also think my Ryobi does a better job and is easier to use than his Mantis. I wouldn't trade my Ryobi for his Mantis. We've done a lot of work around here with that little Ryobi.:thumb:

ddrane2115

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Ryobi 2 cycle hand held, non convertible. This thing is great. Been using it about 4 years now, still works great.