• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Got my 6th - Westwood Gazelle

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Pulled this little babe out a field last Sunday, lady said it was 'junk'. Ha, little does she know somebody is stupid enough to think its worth something :yum: Hey, wait, thats me :eek:

Its a little (lots) more rusty than the one in the pic and doesnt have a collector. On the other hand it does have a roughcutter deck and 12HP.
It spins over fine, just needs a little carb work and magneto work and she should be a goer. Then its just a case of fixing the gearbox and tidying it up.

I dont think you guys have thse in the US, they are UK made and are so9lid as a rock. Mine has 1x2x1/4'' steel rectangular box section running down its length all welded up, I had trouble rolling it onto its side.

Hey, its junk, but the price was right. I will get some pics of the actual article when it gets light :D

Attachments

• g-Westwood_zitmaaier.jpg
    g-Westwood_zitmaaier.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 43

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good find Mith. Good luck with it. It's alway good when you can make use of something that someone else was sending to the junkpile. If you can't fix it all up, at least you can get some good parts off of it. I look forward to seeing the pics.

Mith

The Eccentric Englishman
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc, thats just it, the tyres which are all good and nearly new are worth a bit, starter is good, gearboxes are easy to fix, front axle good, good engine parts (considering its an old engine I think somebody would be out to get them) and the chassis is sought after for mower racing, so overall it aint looking too bad. On the other hand, if I can get it running it would make a great racer with a few mods, a great base for a project or I could sell it for a few £100.
Besides, its got a pretty flat bonnet so its great for putting a mug of coffee on when the work benches are full :D
I guess I'm just stingey, but if I didnt get an earfull and thretened to get kicked out every time I brought one home I would have many more, theres money in it.....