• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
JW71
I am attempting to redo the tracks if anyone has any input on the easiest way to do it. Need the bolt pattern, measured the old track and I get different numbers.

The distance between the cleats should be 3-3/4 inches or refered to as pitch
Best way is to make a jig wood will work but aluminum is better and create
The pitch and the distance between the holes on the cleats

Get a rubber drill bit they are made by flexco and come in different sizes
Numbered HP 1, HP 2, HP3 your bolts are most likely 3/8" that would be
A HP2 bit if 1/2" then HP 3 bit would be used

Ron R

Thank you so much for the fast reply. I am just learning how this forum works and finally was able to post a picture. I will try to get more pics up now that I have the undercarriage and cab painted. I think I took on a little more then I can chew on this project. The dis-assembly of the old track has been a challange. Some of the cleets have rubber on them and some don't, the ones with the rubber are the worst, they are pretty rusty. I still need to order a fuel pump but most suppliers are out.Thanks again for your help, I am sure I will have more questions as I go along.

caldonia

Flextrac Nodwell FN15

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 710

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Thiokol 1402 that previously belonged to Nikson

Attachments

• DSCF3025.jpg
    DSCF3025.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 668
  • DSCF3027.jpg
    DSCF3027.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:

mtmanvt

i new to the board, I run Suicide Six Ski Area in central VT and we have a few cats that we use all season long for various jobs from snowmaking to transportation and light grooming with a roller.

1971 Tucker model 442A
1974 Tucker model 1542
1970ish Thiokol Spryte 1201b
2003 PB Edge

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well I can add the 2100 I have no year on or sn yet but it's on its way pics to come in a month

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
here's a picture of my new acquisition it's a Thiokol 2100 b with the ford turbo diesel serial number 922. on the way home I did some extreme hill climbs this thing is a power house. also sounds good with the straight piped turbo diesel.

Attachments

• 2100.jpg
    2100.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 613

wpelk

New to tucker: I just bought these two classic tuckers at a local auction. I have looked at these two machines since I was a kid and have been fascinated about owning something like them one day. The local government put them up for auction and I was lucky to win both of them. I would appreciate an honest opinion about their value and the rarity of these two machines. The machine on the left is a 1968 with the original Chrysler 6 banger and 2,800 miles. It has steel pontoons and starts and moves great. The interior in both is not great but it’s all there. The one on the right is a 1959 also with the original engine. The miles read 10,000+ but it starts and runs with no problem. As you can see, the “59” has the fiberglass pontoons and an extra set has been included. The two were maintained by the county road department and used to maintain the relay stations for TV. The rollers and track seem to be in good order but I will know more next week when I take possession of them. I am very excited to own these two fine pieces and look forward to restoring them soon. Any help on restoration parts will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• sno-cat.jpg
    sno-cat.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 590

d2doug

I am new to this site. I built my own cat back in 1979 based on a Thiokol type frame. It has a modified weasel diff.,turning radius is 5 feet, and a 302 Mustang engine with a c-4 trans. I made my 36" wide tracks using an early Thiokol design. I will post a pic as soon as I figure out how! There's a lot of great information on this site. I live in central Ca. and cruse the Huntington Lake and Kaiser Pass area, 7-9 k feet.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
d2doug,

Are you into old Caterpillars BTW??:biggrin: Nice ride you made there.

Welcome to the forum. Any thoughts about building a cab for your cat?

Regards, Kirk

d2doug

I have never had to go out in real bad conditions, so far, so I figure that it's not much different than being on a snowmobile. Yes, I have been into old Caterpillars for a long time. I have a 1957 D2 with most options. Thanks for the reply and if I can be of any help to anyone on this site, my e-mail is d2doug@earthlink.net. Thanks, Doug

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Great job! That thing looks like it will be a lot of fun. I've taken my cat into Florence Lake a few times (friends have a cabin there),so I know you have a great territory to enjoy.

d2doug

Northcoast:

Thanks for the compliment. I am planning on going up to Kaiser Pass several times this winter if we actually get some snow for a change. I'd love to hook up with a fellow cat enthusiast, email me and we can hook up on the same weekend.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
two snowcat gatherings are planned .be sure to check them out . they are posted on this fourm and the Washington one with many pictures from last years can be found on my links.

d2doug

Northcoast
What kind or brand of machine do you have? I love seeing all types of snow cats, as they have different designs and capability. They're all great in my book! d2doug

d2doug

Cooper
How do you like the weasel diff in your 1404 Imp by now? I have had a weasel and I am on my second home built cat, using the same diff with no problems. Hope yours works out as well!

IMP

Site Supporter
J5 Bombardier. This machine makes its own trail summer or winter. Previously I owned a Thiokol IMP but the J5 better fits my needs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 581

d2doug

That's a clean,compact personal sized machine. Great for exploring the back country or just having fun!

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
d-2 doug if you are interested I have access to lots of weasel parts the tundra up here is littered with them the diffs are bullet proof 2 speed units that seem to be had cheap here in Alaska

d2doug

Thanks very much for the weasel diff information, but I have 2 spares at this time. I will keep a note of it just in case a need comes along.

laytonpc

I have a 1988 Pisten Bully 130D, Mercedes Turbo Diesel, Front Plow. Would be interested in hearing back from other owners in Colorado who would be interested in a day or overnight trip (live at the base of Pikes Peak).

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Laytonpc

Last fall some of us were wanting a snow cat adventure in your state, the northern part. We really didn't hear from anyone who knew the area in that part of the state. I am surprised that in your part you have that much snow.... I have friends who retired in Cannon City, and they are bragging about how warm it is there compared to here...

So what are the laws in Colorado concerning the use of trails by snow cats? I have no idea..

Regards, Kirk