• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Opinion: Nancy Pelosi Has Screwed Senate Democrats Running for President In Iowa

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Opinion: Nancy Pelosi Has Screwed Senate Democrats Running for President In Iowa
Posted at 4:00 pm on January 19, 2020 by T.LaDuke

https://www.redstate.com/tladuke/20...ewed-senate-democrats-running-for-president./

FINALLY, the impeachment trial of the 45th President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, is about to begin in the Senate this week and we will be able to witness history right before our amazed eyes.

What makes this Senate trial of a United States President different from the other two and the near-miss with Nixon is that it is being done while the President is actively seeking a second term. Also, the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, decided to sit on the impeachment papers and not send it over to the Senate within days but waited almost a month.

In doing so she either by mistake decided on sinking the Presidential campings of her fellow Democrats in Iowa and New Hampshire or was it something else.

I’m quite certain that Nancy is well aware that the Iowa caucuses, which kick off the whole process to select a nominee for her party to face off against Trump in November. Of course, that is assuming he survives the Senate trial.

The caucuses will be happening in exactly two weeks from tomorrow and the trial in the Senate starts on Tuesday. That gives the upper chamber just a mere 13 days to complete the trial before the caucuses start. The Senate Majority Leader of the Senate is saying they will be in session six days a week so that means no time for Pelosi’s fellow Democrats to do much of anything in Iowa other than conference calls.

That’s kinda sad.

Now let’s take a quick look at the four Senators who are both running for votes in Iowa and members of the jury.
Sen. Bernie Sanders- Vermont

Sen. Elizabeth Warren- Massachusettes

Sen. Michael Bennet- Colorado.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar- Minnesota
Just so happens that Sanders and Warren are in the top tier of the 10 or so left standing in the Democrats field. So them being pulled off the campaign at this time has to be driving them nuts. Klobuchar and Benner, while not mentioned often, could be making a run and pull off a surprise 2nd or thrid place finish if they were actually on the ground shaking the hands of voters.

So why did Pelosi really hold onto the impeachment papers for close to a month? Had she done what was custom and sent the papers the next day, McConnell had indicated they would start the trial right after they came back from winter break during the first week of this month.

Had she followed the rule book from previous impeachments, than the Senate would be entering the third week of this trial and possibly even finished. The majority of the Senate Republicans have indicated they want to do this as quickly as possible which would have meant the four Senators listed above would already be or about to head back to the campaign trail.

Putting this action of holding the papers in this light, did Pelosi really believe she was going to bully Mitch McConnell into doing a “list of witnesses” acceptable to her before she sent the papers? Nope. I don’t think she thought that would happen for a moment. Mitch has been doing this as long as she has and the Speaker knows the Senate Majority Leader would not fold and have the House telling the Senate how to run its business. Had McConnell done the reverse she would have rightly told him to pound sand.

Nancy Pelosi is clever enough to know that the delay was going to burn time on the clock for campaigning in Iowa and possibly even New Hampshire. She knows how vital it is for these people to be on the ground in Iowa and press the flesh. Yet, she didn’t care enough to throw some courtesy at her fellow Dems trying to replace Trump, knowing full well McConnell would sit all year and not budge.

Why?

I’m thinking she wants to throw Sanders, Warren, Klobuchar, and Bennet right under the “No Malarkey” tour bus of Joe Biden which helps the beleaguered front runner with more quality time with voters in the state.

Now, I don’t think Nancy is such a big Biden supporter she was willing to do this on that basis alone.

Pelosi is also pretty fed up with her “squad” members and in particular Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. You recall who Cortez came out and endorsed right?

Bernie.

The freshman from New York has been a pain in the @$$ of the Speaker and Democrats in general with not paying her party dues and actually donating to primary opponents of other elected democrats. That is such a huge no-no for members with tenure but unheard of for a newbie. As I mentioned above, Pelosi has been around the Washington D.C. treadmill long enough that this is the very type of pro petty political move worthy of the show West Wing.

There is always the given reason in politics for doing X and then the “real” reason for what is being done. Occasionally you need to dig a lil deeper when everything doesn’t really add up.

You may not like Nancy Pelosi’s politics but she knows the game inside and out and you better respect that. I have been thinking for a while maybe she slipped and made a huge mistake holding the impeachment papers up in her standoff with McConnell. Yet the more I think of it I believe this is Pelosi doing political payback in a style that only a true pro in the beltway could do or even dream about pulling off.

A Speaker scorned can be a dangerous person to mess with.

Particularly, if she is ticked at a member of her own party.

Check out my other posts here on Red State and my podcast Bourbon On The Rocks plus like Bourbon On The Rocks on Facebook and follow me on the twitters at IRISHDUKE2

T.LaDuke
Podcast producer and host and also doing the terrestrial radio thing on WAAM 1600 A.M. & 92.7 F.M. in Ann Arbor, Michigan. You can send any questions comments or concerns to LaDuke@FTRRadio.com.