• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

White house Christmas card

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
"The New York Times recently revealed that, before abandoning the idea, Barack and Michelle Obama had considered eliminating The White House's traditional nativity scene as part of an effort to celebrate a 'non-religious' Christmas. In light of that story, it wasn't entirely surprising to learn that this year, for the first time, the President's Christmas card contains neither any mention of Christmas itself nor a quote from the New Testament. Obviously, the Obamas aren't fans of overt displays of Christian religiosity. The White House has told Fox News Radio that the card represents nothing but an attempt to recognize that Americans are celebrating other holidays at this time of year -- not just Christmas. No doubt that approach is imbued with politically-correct, multicultural sensitivity, but it also, perhaps, reflects a world view that's out-of-step with most regular Americans -- and even America's heritage. For starters, the use of the term 'Christmas' doesn't seem to be as offensive as the politically correct would have us believe. A recent Rasmussen Report found that fully 72% of Americans preferred 'Merry Christmas,' compared to 22% who favored a more generic greeting, like 'Happy Holidays.' And a December 2008 USA Today/Gallup poll found that 93% of Americans celebrate Christmas. How offended could Americans be by a reference to a holiday that they themselves are celebrating? ... So permit me to say what the Obamas' card does not: Merry Christmas." --columnist Carol Platt Liebau

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Any of the leftists here adult enough to admit voter remorse, yet?

tumbleweed.gif

mak2

On one hand I think a politically correct Christmas is silly. I dont even know anyone offended by Christmas. Plus I am a Christian so of course I am all for keeping Christ in Christmas.

On the other hand I think attempting to get health care for 41 million uninsured Americans a tad bit more important than a nativity scene. So no, no voters remorse yet.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
On the other hand I think attempting to get health care for 41 million uninsured Americans a tad bit more important than a nativity scene. So no, no voters remorse yet.

Funny. The plan in the senate now will still leave 34 million uninsured if it passes, per the last CBO estimate. Hardly worth the effort.

I also find a lot of humor in how generous the left is with other people's money. But I never hear of any of them paying 10% over on their taxes every year because they think it is the right thing to do...