• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snow/Ice and generally a wintery mix of slush is supposed to hit us starting after midnight tonight. Forecast to continue into Saturday. Forecast range is 2" to 11" of snow. But it is the ice that I don't want to see too much of.

Currently have the pick up parked in the driveway. A bunch of Christmas decor is sitting in bins inside the garage, along with other misc seasonal stuff. The morning plan is to clear enough room so I can get the truck in the garage. That will be the morning project.

Afternoon is a special fencing practice at the high school, normally we don't fence on Wednesday at the school. Evening is regular fencing practice at the fencing club.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Starting the runs on the new "NO ANTIBIOTICS EVER" today. Same labels as before but different art and end use. I need to write protocols to prove how we keep them separate from the standard labels.

I hate writing rules on how we do common things with common sense just to satisfy the regulators.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Yesterday evening at the Avoca, Iowa city council meeting, I was approved to be on the Planning And Zoning Board. I don't know what my duties are but one of the city council members asked me to be on it. I told the council I will do the best I can for the betterment of the city.

Today there is lite snow and it's supposed to snow for the next 48 hours or so :( but I'm going to the gym anyway and then staying home.....maybe.....depends how bored I get.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I can't say that yesterday was the best experience ever at work.
Mr. Stern was back in the house, I wasn't feeling well, all the noise from drills and the work crew, call lights, phones ringing, nobody happy-- stress!
Finally around 8pm things settled down, then we get a call off at which time I was asked if I could possibly stay until 2am.
Are you fcking kidding me?
That's exactly what I said.
No.
Tomorrow cannot come soon enough.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Came home to my condo on the east side of he state Monday evening.
Smoke detector is chirping. I'm thinking why, because IO change them twice a year at time change.
I keep spare batteries, so I pop another one in - and the thing starts screaming. Ok, maybe a bad battery. Get another one, screaming. Find the beaker, kill it. Go to take the battery out and get a drip of water. Huh?
Water heater is right above it.
Yup, dripping. Fortunately, no ruined drywall, but an old installation so no drip pan.
Tuesday morning - cold shower. Lovely.
I have no tools here other than a hammer, screwdrivers, etc.
So I stop at Home Depot on the way home, they will install Wednesday.
Cold shower Wednesday morning. Ouch.
Guy is here now.
I'll have a hot shower in the am. Yeah.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Came home to my condo on the east side of he state Monday evening.
Smoke detector is chirping. I'm thinking why, because IO change them twice a year at time change.
I keep spare batteries, so I pop another one in - and the thing starts screaming. Ok, maybe a bad battery. Get another one, screaming. Find the beaker, kill it. Go to take the battery out and get a drip of water. Huh?
Water heater is right above it.
Yup, dripping. Fortunately, no ruined drywall, but an old installation so no drip pan.
Tuesday morning - cold shower. Lovely.
I have no tools here other than a hammer, screwdrivers, etc.
So I stop at Home Depot on the way home, they will install Wednesday.
Cold shower Wednesday morning. Ouch.
Guy is here now.
I'll have a hot shower in the am. Yeah.

My grandson takes one hour showers. We have a 60 gallon electric. He stays under the damn thing until it runs cold.
"OK Grandpa, the bath is yours!"
I can relate.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Brought the truck in to drop off the tailgate to get repaired. 3 nice sized parking lot dents. Some people have zero respect for other vehicles.

Went to the gym where I dragged my a$$ for an hour. Legs aren't working well today. Extreme temperature changes and dampness don't agree with me.

Chiropractor appointment after the gym. Now home for the day not doing much of anything but resting.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Still trying to build some time for the mountain , I want to go Friday but might have to wait for Saturday. To much work and no play makes jack a dull boy. ( it makes Marty an ass hole ). Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Off to the border this morning to pick up a few packages. I ordered a set of rear brake rotors for the truck as well as a couple things for the snowmobile. As soon as I get back, it's out to the garage to start putting it back together.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've been up sneezing and coughing since 6am.
Nothing planned today except rest and hopefully I'll make myself a nice supper this evening.

Yesterday was a better day at work.
The rabbi was in from Toledo blessing the facility on it's million dollar renovation and walking around speaking to us with Jacob, our owner.
That was kinda cool. :mrgreen:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Just finished an estimate have been working on for a month. I happy its done. The rest of the day I think I will tinker on the RaidTrac

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Getting ready to cross the insane state line and drive to the Illinois high school where I am volunteering as a fencing coach. Got to beat kids with steel rods. We have another tournament this weekend.

We've got a very light snow here, changing to a wintery mix of rain/snow. Roads should be wet on my way to practice but if the temps drop it might be a bit slick on the way home??? Mostly rural driving so I don't count on the snow plows and salt trucks. :smileywac

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sonny boy took Jinx on a tow run.
Apparently this woman had just stopped to pump gas, pulled out, was driving down the road and the back window spontaneously exploded?
She said nothing hit it, it just broke!
Temp change or a small hairline crack up until now undetected could have been the cause.
Yikes.
20200123_151502.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
She's lucky. I had that happen to a windshield. It didn't explode but shatter cracked whilst driving at about 40 MPH in traffic.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Off to the border this morning to pick up a few packages. I ordered a set of rear brake rotors for the truck as well as a couple things for the snowmobile. As soon as I get back, it's out to the garage to start putting it back together.
Spent the day out in the garage teaching the neighbors a few new swear words while working on the snowmobile. I changed the track but to so that I had to remove the rear suspension, exhaust, battery, and gut the chain case in order to remove the front drive axle. And while putting it back together last week, I over tightened a nut on a stud that's cast into the chaincase for the chain tensioner and snapped the stud off. So instead of trying to drill out the stud and install a new one, I found a used chaincase on ebay for cheap. That meant totally removing it to install the new one.

It felt like I was doing a fancy waltz out there. One step forward three steps back two sideways. I had already reinstalled the new track and drive axle but had to remove it again to take the old chaincase out. The replacement one is now installed and the axle and track are back in. Tomorrow a buddy is coming over to help reinstall the suspension and finish putting it back together under the hood. She'll be a lot better in the deep powder once I'm done.
b7506c61fe6f34047df599a19daf0b4b.jpg
608bfe09272ca705b358e9ed76ca5415.jpg

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I may have told this one before.

Back when I was a young buck, had a Ford party van. E150 if I recall.
Took a chick out. Somehow a bee got into the van and she's going nuts. It's a freakin bee and wants out, but she's going nuts.

So the thing gets down in the corner where the windshield meets the dash.
I pulled a comb out of my back pocket to kill the damn thing and shut her up. Shoved that comb down there - the windshield exploded.
She walked home.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I may have told this one before.

Back when I was a young buck, had a Ford party van. E150 if I recall.
Took a chick out. Somehow a bee got into the van and she's going nuts. It's a freakin bee and wants out, but she's going nuts.

So the thing gets down in the corner where the windshield meets the dash.
I pulled a comb out of my back pocket to kill the damn thing and shut her up. Shoved that comb down there - the windshield exploded.
She walked home.

And you got no nookie!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Worked out in the garage again today on the snowmobile. A buddy of mine brought his over too and we worked on both together. He helped me reinstall the suspension in mine. Then we both installed handlebar risers on both sleds. Mine isn't ready to ride yet though as I have to finish reassembling the chaincase and exhaust.

The oldest boy turned 16 this week. So he has a few friends sleeping over.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Rise and shine. It's Saturday. So it must be time to disarm and travel across the insane state line to the dysfunctional state of Illinois with a bunch of high school kids for another fencing tournament.

3 state 'team' championship event today being held today in a super wealthy, white bread lakefront north suburb of Chiraq, where my mostly black students will be mistaken as house servants in any other venue in the town. Homes in Winnetka, IL run into the 10's of millions. Even the cheap homes on the crowded lots are crazy priced for what you get for the money. Property taxes on typical 3 bedroom houses run a couple thousand dollars a month, and houses on 1/3rd acre (double lots) can have property taxes exceeding $5000/month. I always liked taking the farm kids from my Lowell HS team up there to see this place, let them see what life can be if they work hard and want to give most of their money to the taxman.

But as for the competition:

Honestly I'm hoping for a finish in the 5th or 6th places for my Saber boys squad. I may be optimistic. 2 of my best fencers are out. One is sick, the other has a family obligation. So that is going to hurt us. If I had those 2 then I'd feel very confident that we could get 3rd, maybe better. Without them, I can hope, but realistically something like 6th is more likely.

A bit more optimistic about the Saber girls. I have 1 of my best girls is out sick. But the other 3 are strong fencers. The squads are 3 person + 1 alternate. So I have no girls alternate to fall back on in someone twists or strains something. Still, these 3 are strong fencers. A BRONZE/3rd place medal is within grasp.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good luck and have fun Bob.

I'm off today.
Stayed up way too late Facebooking, then got up way too early and cleaned my apartment.
So... today will involve a nice, luxurious nap!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Been in pain for 3 days since going to the chiropractor. Normally it helps my back. Not this time. Oh well. I can drag my a$$ around with a walker a few more days. I am going to the city to play music at the church later this afternoon. Just won't be moving too quickly.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We spent the morning watching the President's lawyers and GOP Senators destroy the house case against Donald Trump. The we had to watch Adam Schiff try to interpret what those guys really meant for us to believe.

I ask Cathy if we could better spend our time watching a cartoon show and she responded, "...we are watching a cartoon show!"

To that I responded, "then let's go back to bed and maybe fool around a little." :smile: She immediately switched to "SPONGE SQUARE PANTS"
:smileywac
So far, a wasted morning. Oh well.:bolt:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
today I think I will rig up a electric winch for the mini truck. also I am charging the battery on the 5 ton. I have t drive it around some to take a picture of the milage and send it in to the rat bastards at the ca. air resources board. They allow me to put 1000 miles a year on the truck so after I send the picture I un plug the speedometer until next year. Marty

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
today I think I will rig up a electric winch for the mini truck. also I am charging the battery on the 5 ton. I have t drive it around some to take a picture of the milage and send it in to the rat bastards at the ca. air resources board. They allow me to put 1000 miles a year on the truck so after I send the picture I un plug the speedometer until next year. Marty

So I ended up buying a new winch, the one I was going to use is 1000# capacity and the controller was missing, I bought a new 2500# winch on sale for $69.00 and has a remote controller. But first since I haven't made it to the mountain yet as I was looking over the Suzuki one of the CV boots had cracks so I bought a universal split boot and installed it, I was a little concerned about difficulty with it but I glued one side together before installing it. With a little trimming it worked.out pretty good.If it lasts as long as the original it will out last me. Tomorrow I will get the winch hooked up. Also I put a tool kit together that can stay with it. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 93

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm working 2-6p today.
To work on 2 admissions and 1 discharge.
God, why not just place me in that position instead of floor nurse?
Seems like I'm the only one who knows how to do it!
Or is willing to.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, I got phase-1 of the winch installation completed today. I made an aluminum plate that the winch bolted too with a shakle on the end that I can attach to the factory shipping loops on the truck front or rear. I wired the controller into the battery and attached the box to the little tool box next to the battery. I put a quick disconnect on the leads from the box to the winch so I can store it easily. Phase-2 will include fabricated brush guard bumper with receiver hitch on the front and a fabricated bumper on the rear with receiver then I can put the winch on a receiver plate. I figure a 2500# winch with a snatch block should un stick it in any situation. I plan to go to the mountain Tuesday. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpg
    IMG_0550.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0547.MOV
    1.6 MB · Views: 16

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Rise and shine!

After the kids head out to school and my wife heads to work, I plan on heading to the garage to work on the snowmobile and hopefully get it back together.

Scouts this evening. We're going to the rfda (regional food distribution association) to help prepare food for the various food banks in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.