• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Weather change

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We only got like 2" of snow.
There is however a flood warning issued for the Maumee in Defiance and Henry counties.
The river is expected to crest tomorrow.
10.2 ft.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Seen on another forum :)

A guy is watching the weather report with his air-brained wife when the announcer says "We will get 6" of snow today so cars have to park on the odd numbered side of the street for plowing". She gets up and quickly runs out to move the car.

A few days later the weather calls for 6" more snow and they announce that cars will park on the even numbered side. She again runs out to park.

The following week they start to make the announcement but the power fails before it's completed. The wife gets all upset and asks her husband "I don't know what side of the street to park on."

He calmly replies "Why don't we leave it in the garage this time?"

Last edited:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
:hammer: :eek:

20200110_075044.jpg

20200110_074030.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We got another 5 inches of the white stuff yesterday. I plowed for an hour yesterday and again this morning as it came in 2 waves.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Son of a.......-2 celcius yesterday woke up this morning and -30. Extreme temperature changes like that just kill me. I can barely move this morning.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll take snow and cold any day over rain and near freezing temperatures. I can barely move when it's a cold wet day. Mind you, going from -2 to -30 in a span of 6 hrs is a killer on the body. I'm pretty much useless today. Barely able to stand or walk. Every step results in both legs burning and spasming. Absolutely no strength.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I get like a barometric pressure headache, Brian.
This is the view out my front door.
Blahhh lol
20200111_124423-768x768.jpg

The Bowman estate out back has a large pond in the middle of those luxury homes.
It's up. Way up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
My problem is my leg muscles tense up and lose strength almost like a Charlie horse from hips to feet reducing me to using a walker all morning so I don't collapse in pain. But I don't let it stop me. I still dragged my butt to the city where I fixed my aunt's snowblower then went to play music at the church.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
These changes in temperature and barometric pressure are killing my back. Yesterday morning it was -2 celcius. Last night, -25. It's still cold but warming up for this evening in time for a severe weather situation.

That storm is tracking directly north. Once it hits us, it'll be all snow.
5f314432d28e3a72dd7d1d026a0152e3.jpg
09d9ec30f2f46378939efb93f963ca5c.jpg

Bannedjoe

These changes in temperature and barometric pressure are killing my back. Yesterday morning it was -2 celcius. Last night, -25. It's still cold but warming up for this evening in time for a severe weather situation.

That storm is tracking directly north. Once it hits us, it'll be all snow.

No thanks!
I don't know how I ever survived living in Minnesota my first 17 years.
I suppose it had something to do with not knowing any different.

I have good friend I grew up with in the MPLS area, and he, for various reasons moved to the God forsaken town of Bemidji.

I took a road trip from Colorado one winter to go visit him and ride his fancy ass snowmobiles around.

It must have been 40º below with a 90º below wind chill.

I put that trip in the top 10 of all my heroic ventures.

Never again in a million years....

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No snow yet. But it's coming.

Meanwhile in Newfoundland, they got snow today. Lots of snow. 4 feet of snow. Here's some timelapse photos.

587c65800fc5547b02ad74163323a9ca.jpg
862b8bf6516e9c0d0f293ed926bf4419.jpg
31894fe0ea2d8ff23c6343ce9ef66993.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So much for the big snow storm.
We got barely 2 inches on the ground.
Weather advisory still in effect until 11am because of freezing rain, which is happening right now.
20200118_081006.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
You guys are getting the crap end of this storm. We're getting the brunt end of it full force now. I will have to plow at some point today so I can get out.

This is my view right now.
09755fe5fa95471314cba4d0fcf46a16.jpg

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys are getting the crap end of this storm. We're getting the brunt end of it full force now. I will have to plow at some point today so I can get out.

This is my view right now.
09755fe5fa95471314cba4d0fcf46a16.jpg

Like the little white caps you put on the posts. :bolt: :th_lmao:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We don't have an advisory but we are supposed to be getting 5 to 10 cm today.

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Once again the snow bypassed us. But the wind. A balmy -16 celcius with a -45 (feels like it anyways) windchill.

Don't ask google why cornflakes were invented.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
. . . .

Attachments

• CB9567F7-06D0-4038-B8EF-3D8C8050D1B8.jpeg
    CB9567F7-06D0-4038-B8EF-3D8C8050D1B8.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 150

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
%*%(# weather. [emoji2959][emoji2959]

While everyone else is out celebrating the +5 celcius temperature after a week of -40 windchill, I'm at home in severe pain barely able to stand without a walker. These extreme temperature changes always knock me on my ass. Severe leg spasms. Loss of muscle tone. Rough day.