• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

CONFESSIONS: CREDIT CARD TELEMARKETER

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
What I LOVE... LOOOOVE about this article is that its 100% true. I did something very similar back in college. You call people "losers", and say they deserve to lose everything or even call them democrats because of their misfourtune. (yes there are a small amout like that) Well this is how GOOD folks get on the republican shit-list... even if they are republicans. The companies DECIEVE AND LIE TO YOU. Now read on!!!! :glare:

What if there were a way to have your credit card debt erased if you lost your job or became disabled? That's the pitch behind debt cancellation, a service offered by many credit card issuers and retailers.
Debt cancellation doesn’t come cheap: it costs between $1 and $2 per $100 balance. A consumer with a $3,000 balance, for example, could pay nearly $60 a month for debt cancellation service.
That might not sound like such a great deal, but thousands of consumers sign up anyway. Why? One telemarketer who sells the service told msnbc.com recently that there’s only one reason: Sellers intentionally confuse cardholders about the programs and their costs.
"I hate flat-out lying to someone, but that's exactly what we do, 150 calls a day," said the telemarketer, who requested anonymity out of fear of losing his job. "I have seen so many people ripped off that I had to attempt to let people know."

He works in tiny Pennington Gap, Va., a small Appalachian town near the Kentucky border that’s been hit hard by the economic downturn. But he works for some of the biggest firms in America. For the past year, the telemarketer has sold debt cancellation for Macy's retail credit cards issued by Citigroup, working for a third-party firm named Aon Integramark, which contracts work to a local firm, the Kavanaugh CallCenter Group. Aon is one of the world's largest insurance firms, with 37,000 employees and 500 offices in more than 120 countries. It insures nearly everything -- from Hollywood movies to container ships – and markets debt cancellation programs to credit card issuers through its Aon Integramark division.
"Are you realizing the power of debt cancellation?" the firm asks of banks and retail stores on its Web site. "These programs provide lending customers with new power and control over their finances -- especially in tough times that can affect anyone."

CONTINUED: http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/11/wh...r-became-disabled-thats-the-pitch-behind.html