• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Corona Virus spreading ... US official says no need to worry

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with getting the kids back to school.
My grandkids are having a fit wanting to get back at it.
The other day when I was in Bowling Green, those 3 college kids I spoke to said while their parents have been helping them financially, they miss classes, the classroom experience.
They've been doing everything from doordash to working in pizza shops and bookstores.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking of:
This was in today's Delphos Herald.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 4:20 PM
COLUMBUS —Governor Mike DeWine announced guidelines for Ohio’s schools to reopen this fall Thursday afternoon.
“While teachers and students did outstanding with distance learning, the American Academy of Pediatrics strongly recommends students be physically present in school as much as possible. To keep schools open, our guidelines are designed to create the safest environment possible for our students and staff,” DeWine said. “Working with educators and health officials, we’ve created K-12 school guidelines – backed by science – for schools to follow when developing their reopening plans. Schools can adjust their rules to what works best for them for a safe environment and that protects students and staff from the spread of COVID-19.”

Guidelines include:

• Vigilantly assess for symptoms

• Wash and sanitize hands to prevent spread

• Thoroughly clean and sanitize school environment to limit spread on shared surfaces

• Practice social distancing

• Implement face coverings policy

“Just as we have done in the business sector with employees, we are requiring school staff to wear face coverings to reduce the spread of the virus, unless it is unsafe or when doing so could significantly interfere with the learning process. Because of the importance of face masks in slowing the spread of COVID-19, schools must establish a face mask policy. In doing so, they should consider all the available science,” DeWine said. “When face coverings aren’t practical, face shields may be considered. For example, wearing a face mask could make communication more difficult when teachers are interacting with students with disabilities or students who are learning a foreign language.”

The guidelines were no surprise to Delphos City Schools Superintendent Doug Westrick.

“We were well aware these would more than likely be things we needed to do and we’re going to make sure these things happen,” he said.

All districts will have to submit a plan to reopen their schools to the county health department just like they did for graduation and kindergarten screenings.

“We have been working on a plan with all Allen County Schools with the same policies in place,” Westrick said. “Each school will look a little different because they are set up different. We will make our buildings as safe as possible.

“We should have our plan finalized by the end of the month. We’ve been working on this for awhile. We’ve been preparing for several scenarios. Good to hear Mr. DeWine said we can come back five days a week. We will continue to work on a plan in case we have to shut down again. We want to be prepared no matter what happens.”

Delphos schools will open for the 2020-21 school year on Aug. 19.

To meet these guidelines, school districts will likely incur an outlay of funds.

“To reopen school safely, there will be unforeseen expenses schools will face. I’ll work with the Ohio General Assembly to ensure federal CARES Act dollars are available to Ohio school districts to help with these costs,” DeWine said.

The COVID-19 Health and Prevention Guidance for Ohio K-12 Schools will be available online at coronavirus.ohio.com soon.

Thursday’s date:

There were 52,865 cases and 2,876 deaths. There were 7,911 hospitalizations with 2,008 ICU admissions.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I agree with getting the kids back to school.

My grandkids are having a fit wanting to get back at it.

The other day when I was in Bowling Green, those 3 college kids I spoke to said while their parents have been helping them financially, they miss classes, the classroom experience.

They've been doing everything from doordash to working in pizza shops and bookstores.
Our provincial leader has already said that school will look different in the fall. No more than 15 students per class. Students will stay in the same classroom with the same teacher. Not sure what that means for high school students. What I do see happening is that students may go to school on alternate days with online learning still happening when they're at home.

I'm not sure how that's going to work in regards to child care on days when students aren't in school for families with both parents working.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's going to be very interesting to see how well these back to school plans fall into place.
So much to think about for all involved.
It's not going to be as easy as some may be expecting.

Bannedjoe

I had to make a trip to the big city today for some glasses.
Phx and Vegas are about the same distance, except Vegas is a much easier drive.

I haven't been to a big city in ages, and certainly not since covid landed.

I felt like I was in the twilight zone.
People were all acting like zombies, and all in their masks and gloves.
It appears that most small businesses are still closed.

People in the eyeglass store were chasing around behind everyone sanitizing everything, and offering hand sanitizer at every turn.

It's just all too unreal for me.

I couldn't wait to get back home.

Oh, and some butthead ran me off onto the shoulder while going down the highway.
He saw me, knew he was in the wrong, but pulled into my lane anyway forcing me to the shoulder doing 65.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly. We struggled for 3 months trying to homeschool 6 kids online with very slow internet that kicks out every time the neighbors down the street fart. And my wife's work was expecting her to be able to work from home. What a joke. Her job requires her to b on the phone and also online flipping bac and forth between screens. Next to impossible here.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
CA Gov Newsom Shuts Down Majority of State’s Wineries for 4th of July – But Not His Own
Posted at 6:30 pm on July 2, 2020 by Jennifer Van Laar

https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar...tes-wineries-for-4th-of-july-but-not-his-own/

As we’ve previously covered, California Supreme Ruler Gov. Gavin Newsom issued an unprecedented shutdown order, effective immediately and lasting for at least three weeks, for food and entertainment-related businesses in 19 counties on his coronavirus “watch list.” The closures affect approximately 70 percent of the state’s residents, covering the entirety of Southern California except for San Diego County, most of the Central Valley, and suburban counties between San Francisco and Sacramento.

Wineries, a popular destination on a summer holiday weekend, were forced to close in the affected counties. Californians who’d planned on visiting places like Temecula or Santa Barbara or the Santa Ynez Valley or Fairfield or the Santa Clara Valley to celebrate Independence Day with some local wines face a tough choice: either stay home or find an open winery somewhere like San Diego County or Napa County.

Napa County, where Gov. Gavin Newsom’s business, PlumpJack Wines, operates four wineries – wineries with tasting rooms that are open all weekend long and booked solid.

Well, isn’t that convenient.

Newsom founded PlumpJack back in 1992 with a family friend, Gordon Getty, starting with a wine store in San Francisco and expanding to the winery a few years later. Eventually they formed the PlumpJack Group, which has multiple wineries, retail stores, restaurants, and a Squaw Valley resort in its portfolio. Its president is Newsom’s sister, Hillary.

His bio on the winery site reads:

In 1992, Gavin Newsom opened his first business, PlumpJack Wines, combining his passion for wine and his driving entrepreneurial spirit. Over the next decade, the PlumpJack Group began to grow under his leadership to include many of the restaurants, wineries, and retail establishments in the current portfolio. In 2003, Newsom was elected the 42nd Mayor of San Francisco, and in 2019 was sworn in as the Governor of California. He lives with his wife and First Partner, Jennifer Siebel-Newsom, along with their four children in Sacramento, California.”

After Newsom was elected governor in 2018 he placed his PlumpJack Group assets into a blind trust managed by a long-time family friend. A Los Angeles Times article quotes Bob Stern, who co-authored California’s Political Reform Act, as saying that even though Newsom isn’t managing the assets, he could still “face a possible conflict of interest as governor” and explained:

State law does not require Newsom to divest from PlumpJack Group or release the names of his business associates. And Newsom can legally sign bills or take executive action beneficial to his companies if those decisions affect all Californians or a significant segment of the population in the same way they affect him.

Even though that asset is in a blind trust, Newsom is obviously aware that leaving Napa County open while many surrounding counties and their wineries are closed is beneficial to his business. Do his executive orders affect a significant segment of the population in the same way they affect him? Considering that the criteria for opening and closing and which businesses are affected and how seems to change daily, many would say the answer to that is no.

Attachments

• 6F5FA356-2BD0-4E41-8665-769696B0332C.jpg
    6F5FA356-2BD0-4E41-8665-769696B0332C.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 87

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
WHO Now Says China Did Not Inform Them of the Coronavirus in Late 2019
BY RICK MORAN JUL 03, 2020 8:21 AM EST

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...-them-of-the-coronavirus-in-late-2019-n602454

Very quietly, the World Health Organization dropped a bombshell on the world yesterday when they casually changed their timeline on the coronavirus to reflect the fact that China did not, as they originally reported, inform the WHO of the coronavirus in late 2019. Instead, international health officials discovered the virus through information posted on a U.S. website.

Both China and the WHO had been pushing the narrative that there was transparency in China’s actions in responding to the threat because they informed the international health organization of the coronavirus right away. That proved to be a lie — a lie that was fed and nurtured by Chinese propagandists and WHO officials who were in China’s pocket.

Washington Free Beacon:

China and its allies at the WHO insisted in multiple interviews and press conferences that China came to the health organization with information about the virus. This is now known to be false. The WHO’s backtracking lends credibility to a recent congressional investigation that determined China concealed information about the virus and did not initially inform the WHO, as it was required to do.

The WHO’s updated timeline, posted online this week, now states that officials first learned about the virus on Dec. 31, 2019, through information posted on a U.S. website by doctors working in Wuhan, where the virus first emerged. This contradicts the agency’s initial timeline, which said that China first presented this information at that date.

The Chinese communists lie for a living. They are very good at it and have been practicing for nearly 75 years. But if there were any doubts that Trump did the right thing in cutting funding for the WHO, these reports should convince them (it won’t but that’s another story). The WHO is not about being a world watchdog and an early warning system for the deadly threats we face. From the Ebola outbreak to swine flu to other recent infectious disease epidemics, the WHO has proven itself to be inept, corrupt, and beholden to powerful interests.

Rep. Michael McCaul is a member of the China Task Force in the House and their report, released last month, first disclosed the untruthful timeline posted by the WHO.

I’m glad to see the WHO and the Chinese Communist Party have both read my interim report on the origins of the pandemic and are finally admitting to the world the truth—the CCP never reported the virus outbreak to the WHO in violation of WHO regulation,” McCaul told the Washington Free Beacon in a statement. “The question now is whether the CCP will continue their false propaganda campaign that continues to claim they warned the world, or whether they will come clean and begin to work with the world health community to get to the bottom of this deadly pandemic.”

McCaul’s report makes clear that WHO director general Adhanom parroted China’s claim about self-reporting the virus.

“Director General Tedros actively engaged in an effort to defend the CCP’s leadership from criticism, negatively impacting the world’s understanding of the virus and hampering the global response effort,” the report concluded.

Of course, this is a non-news story. The major media outlets in the U.S. are too heavily invested in the China narrative to alter it now. What are they going to do? Issue a correction or apology or even an explanation?

There have been several studies published about what would have happened if Trump had acted sooner. So many lives saved. So many fewer cases.

Wouldn’t you like to see a study on how many lives were lost worldwide because of China and the WHO’s lies?

Attachments

• 90E3AB5E-F735-42A9-B08F-5FF741E26F0C.jpeg
    90E3AB5E-F735-42A9-B08F-5FF741E26F0C.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 88

Bannedjoe

Nothing the WHO or the .gov says is ever going to earn my trust or respect.

Here's an excerpt from a conversation I had with my brother this morning summing up my take on the whole thing. His kids are 17 & 19 and are quarantined with him and his wife at home.

Him:
Sounds like you don't subscribe to it being real. It's killing people. And if it's not as bad as it looks then I wear a mask for nothing. I'm ok with that. If I get sick or get someone I love sick or kill them, I couldn't live with that.

Me:
It's a mixed bag.
There's the yearly flu, it kills people.
There's no cure for it. People get the vaccine, and yet some still catch it.
Maybe because it mutates? I don't know.
I guess I'm more of the school that the big guy takes you when it's your time regardless of where you are or what you're doing.
I don't get colds, I've never caught the flu. I just don't get sick.
Even when my wife is ill.

I believe this flu is real, but I also believe the planet has way over reacted.
Remember when aids showed up and killed many many millions?
They didn't shut anything down, not even gay bars.
All the world loves a crises, and apparently needs awful things to worry about and focus on.
I don't wish to hide under a rock and spend everyday hiding.
You only get today, tomorrow is not promised. I say why ruin today hoping things will be better tomorrow?

I understand what you're thinking.
You probably have a better chance of your kids giving it to you though, than you giving it to your kids.

On a similar note, if they reported on the news every single death, from every single cause everyday, people would be petrified to get out of bed in the morning.
I just can't live like that.
Caution is ok, just like with driving. You have to be relatively careful, but I'm not going to quit driving just because there's a chance of getting killed in a wreck every time I do.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Something to think about. Canada hasn't been in a rush to reopen everything and essentially stick our heads in the sand pretending that this virus doesn't exist. True, we have a much smaller population than the usa. But per capita, our numbers are much lower as we're doing what needs to be done.
e3461240dccc2da04cc40c2c7210a3a1.jpg

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Well captain distracto has had me thinking about all kinds of stupid culture war shit that doesn’t really matter to me especially during a pandemic, and it worked. I wasn’t really taking into consideration until now that the same horror that happened in NYC in March/April /May is happening/beginning in many parts of the country now. They are filling ICU’s. It’s going to get really ugly. RT and % positivity in those areas are high. Now they are running out of PPE, hey Jared wasn’t that your project? Supply chain? Oh right the campaign.
https://rt.live/

The Finger Lakes region of NY is in phase 4 of reopening. One of my sons has his first baseball game of the rescheduled spring season this Saturday, another son just had his first gymnastics practice since the gym reopened. We got a survey from the school asking how we felt about returning in the fall. We are comfortable with it because- knock on wood- we are seeing only 1.8% positivity and 3.9 positive tests/100,000 people on a 7 day rolling average. Life is pretty normal here, stores are open, restaurants are at 50% capacity still, bars are setting up outdoor areas. The kids friends come swimming and dirt biking and get to be kids. Almost everyone around here puts a mask on to go in a store, no one likes it but it’s just a small grumble at this point. People are traveling and that is going to bring the numbers up in time I’d guess.
Call Cuomo a dick all you want, NY flattened the curve, like Canada and Europe. A large portion of the US didn’t follow cdc reopening guidelines, were encouraged to open early even, and are in big and going to get bigger trouble. It sucks for the frontline workers, it sucks for the people that get admitted, worse for the people that get intubated and a good percentage of those that will die. It is also terrible for their families and the economy. But hey, haircuts

*Warning! This part might be offensive to snowflakes and deniers*

Where the f@@k is the corona virus task force? Where’s Pence?! Trump?! They are doing everything they can to avoid talking about it. Trump is throwing pseudo-blah blah at the real scientists that understand what happens when this virus spreads. Don’t they care? “ It’s going to go away. You must open schools” Yeah, if there isn’t an exponential outbreak going on! Sheesh. Winning.

I read Banded Joe’s post http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?p=20727502#post20727502 about living life and worrying about the stuff that’s close and personal and not get worked up about the crap. I’m going to give that a shot myself. I have enjoyed going back and forth on the forum, it’s mentally stimulating and also enlightening. We have been programmed to be outraged and to pick a side. That shit is out of control and everyone needs to simmer down. Remember last election when the Russians used social media to stoke division? They used trolls and exploited hot button topics raising the temperature for both sides. I don’t think it’s just the Russians this election cycle. Anyway, I’m really going to take a break and try to limit myself to the snowcat section for real this time. It’s been fun jumping into the fray with you all, even if I pissed a few folks off along the way.

Stay healthy everyone.

Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes. I know I pissed you off. Wasn’t my intention. I have a different view of trump then you. You aren’t wrong for your beliefs, they are your beliefs. I’m sorry you can’t accept mine

No you didn't piss me off.
Lots of people have different views on Trump than me.
Including some of my own family members.
So...
There you go.
Have a glorious day.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Exactly. We struggled for 3 months trying to homeschool 6 kids online with very slow internet that kicks out every time the neighbors down the street fart. And my wife's work was expecting her to be able to work from home. What a joke. Her job requires her to b on the phone and also online flipping bac and forth between screens. Next to impossible here.

My teacher/daughter tells me that the plan here is to open the schools in September but the kids will go 2-3 days a week, and interactive on line the rest.

I have no idea how that's supposed to work. Seems to me like the worst of all worlds.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Anyway, I’m really going to take a break and try to limit myself to the snowcat section for real this time. It’s been fun jumping into the fray with you all, even if I pissed a few folks off along the way.

Stay healthy everyone.

Mike

Oh man, don't do that. I enjoy hearing opinions from a different perspective. It makes me stop and think and that's a GOOD thing.

I don't think that you have pissed anybody off. Some may have disagreed with you but that doesn't mean that they are pissed off. Besides, all of us on this board tend to march in step and that's not necessarily a good thing either. We've chased off some good, fun and interesting members over the years because their views didn't line up with the majority. Stick around.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Oh man, don't do that. I enjoy hearing opinions from a different perspective. It makes me stop and think and that's a GOOD thing.

I don't think that you have pissed anybody off. Some may have disagreed with you but that doesn't mean that they are pissed off. Besides, all of us on this board tend to march in step and that's not necessarily a good thing either. We've chased off some good, fun and interesting members over the years because their views didn't line up with the majority. Stick around.

I agree, if everyone don't agree to disagree then its not a discussion or debate its a liberal college.:th_lmao:

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter

Thanks ETF,

Well, maybe I’ll jump in from time to time. I suppose people have the option to not read my posts if they cause them grief.

But really, what’s the strategy in letting the virus spread uncontrollably? There are simple steps to contain it with minimal action, and one mans ego is undermining the cause. NY tests more per capita than anywhere, tests don’t cause cases they reveal them. Rally in Tulsa? No masks no social distancing, what was the expectation? It’s almost as if the goal is to accelerate the spread. If the hope is a vaccine by the end of the year then why not do the basic steps to wait it out? I’m also curious if Mitch will oppose helping the red states as he opposes helping the blue (I live in a blue so it effects me, it will effect the red in a short time). It’s not a political virus. It won’t magically go away.
Facts, data, science are a lot more reliable than pipe dreams and trying to pretend it’s not happening.

This forum is a hard habit to kick!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
FWIW here is the summary update from ZeroHedge.

US Reports Another Record Single-Day Jump In COVID-19 Infections: Live Updates
Summary:

US reports 60k+ new cases for first time, per JHU & BBG
DeSantis says schools will reopen safely in August
NYC mayor cancels all big public events
Texas reports 3rd straight record death
Wisconsin sees biggest daily jump
South Africa sees another record jump
California reports record jump in deaths
Cali Gov holds press briefing
WHO begins 'independent' review of COVID-19 response
Italy bars travelers from 13 countries as cases creep higher
Arizona reports new cases
NYT names Arizona "world's worst COVID-19 hotspot"
Florida reports record jump in deaths, hospitalizations
Goldman: 40% of US population lives in states where reopening has been rolled back or delayed
US single-day tally tops 60k again
At least 5 states reported record single-day cases on Wednesday
Global total tops 12 million
7-day average death rate creeps higher
Tokyo, Hong Kong report single-day highs of new cases
India reported 22.7k new cases
Victoria reports another 165 new cases
Beijing slams US over WHO pullout

Update (1850ET): Preliminary counts of new cases reported in the US on Thursday shows the US on track for another record jump, at least the second in the past week, though the exact numbers vary between sources. Global deaths, meanwhile, just passed 550,000.
Now we can debate if some states mistakenly double counted some cases, and we can debate how many deaths are actually from Covid-19 versus pre-existing complications. But as I said from the early pages of this thread, just counting DEATHS and/or comparing DEATH RATES to other diseases is incomplete and we should look at some of the other factors in addition. Such as overwhelming our healthcare system, the length of time some people are sick, the economic costs, food shortages/price hikes related to the disease, etc.

I consider it great news that the death rate is lower than projected, that they are finding ways to treat this disease but we are still not very close. We don't need to live in fear, but we should live in consideration of those who may be seriously at risk.

We are still clearly in the 1st wave of this thing. It is not something to fear but it clearly kills people with preexisting conditions. There are a lot more questions than answers.

. . . what’s the strategy in letting the virus spread uncontrollably? There are simple steps to contain it with minimal action, . . . NY tests more per capita than anywhere, tests don’t cause cases they reveal them. Rally in Tulsa? No masks no social distancing, what was the expectation? It’s almost as if the goal is to accelerate the spread. If the hope is a vaccine by the end of the year then why not do the basic steps to wait it out?. . . It’s not a political virus. It won’t magically go away.
Facts, data, science are a lot more reliable than pipe dreams and trying to pretend it’s not happening.

To your last point ... GOOD, stick around, we need your voice here :hammer:

To all your questions and your points, I agree with you. Seems to me there is a lot of denial and stupidity going on in the world.

My state recommends masks, does not require them. My priest at church won't wear one except as mandated per specific activities. Our school district actually voted on if kids should wear masks at school when the school reopens (the pro-mask group won).

Common sense and personal responsibility can curtail this virus until the scientists can find either an effective treatment or a vaccine or both. But we seem to lack a lot of common sense these days.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks ETF,

Well, maybe I’ll jump in from time to time. I suppose people have the option to not read my posts if they cause them grief.

But really, what’s the strategy in letting the virus spread uncontrollably? There are simple steps to contain it with minimal action, and one mans ego is undermining the cause. NY tests more per capita than anywhere, tests don’t cause cases they reveal them. Rally in Tulsa? No masks no social distancing, what was the expectation? It’s almost as if the goal is to accelerate the spread. If the hope is a vaccine by the end of the year then why not do the basic steps to wait it out? I’m also curious if Mitch will oppose helping the red states as he opposes helping the blue (I live in a blue so it effects me, it will effect the red in a short time). It’s not a political virus. It won’t magically go away.

Facts and science, say most likely everyone is going to get it, or a vaccine will be developed first. The problem with getting a vaccine is science has not been very successful at that due to mutation.( and this virus has already mutated ) Every year the Flu mutates ( which is a corona virus ) and the vaccine is only about 40-50% effective. Thats why its back year over year. If you have some condition that will make you high risk and you're scared stay home. Otherwise its going to be like pulling that bandaid off very slowly. China has taken that approach. They had the virus 3-6 months before we did and they still have outbreak hotspots that close down major cities. Then there is the economy. The left is playing politics with it and are hurting there own citizens. Like Debozo shutting businesses again canceling all outdoor events except protesting ??, while doing photo opps painting BLM in front of Trump tower. Trump didn't bring this virus here, China did. If not for early actions by Trump like closing the border to China and Europe ( both things the left opposed including your hero Cuomo ) a lot more people would have gotten it. Its OK to have an opinion but they should be factual.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:hammer:

Attachments

• 99900394-E7DD-4AF9-8F9A-5632D51C9369.jpeg
    99900394-E7DD-4AF9-8F9A-5632D51C9369.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 63

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Facts and science, say most likely everyone is going to get it, or a vaccine will be developed first. The problem with getting a vaccine is science has not been very successful at that due to mutation.( and this virus has already mutated ) Every year the Flu mutates ( which is a corona virus ) and the vaccine is only about 40-50% effective. Thats why its back year over year. If you have some condition that will make you high risk and you're scared stay home. Otherwise its going to be like pulling that bandaid off very slowly. China has taken that approach. They had the virus 3-6 months before we did and they still have outbreak hotspots that close down major cities. Then there is the economy. The left is playing politics with it and are hurting there own citizens. Like Debozo shutting businesses again canceling all outdoor events except protesting ??, while doing photo opps painting BLM in front of Trump tower. Trump didn't bring this virus here, China did. If not for early actions by Trump like closing the border to China and Europe ( both things the left opposed including your hero Cuomo ) a lot more people would have gotten it. Its OK to have an opinion but they should be factual.

I’ve got a pretty good grasp of the facts. Duhblahblahzio is outside, with a mask. Next to no risk in that behavior, who cares what he’s doing- that’s political. Look at the US vs Europe curve. The whole purpose of the mask is to contain the droplets of asymptotic carriers, it keeps you from getting other people sick.NYC is a different animal with density than upstate, that’s why they are behind in the reopening. A second closing is far more disastrous to the economy than a phased reopening. It will spread but it is more prudent to have it spread at a rate that doesn’t exceed capacity.

This graph is 11 days old, worse now

Attachments

• 68E81B6D-0443-47A8-A66E-B3F457A32FA7.jpeg
    68E81B6D-0443-47A8-A66E-B3F457A32FA7.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 65

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
I tried to add dummy took off his mask for a speech after, that’s stupid behavior that is a bad example.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
I’ve got a pretty good grasp of the facts. Duhblahblahzio is outside, with a mask. Next to no risk in that behavior, who cares what he’s doing- that’s political. Look at the US vs Europe curve. The whole purpose of the mask is to contain the droplets of asymptotic carriers, it keeps you from getting other people sick.NYC is a different animal with density than upstate, that’s why they are behind in the reopening. A second closing is far more disastrous to the economy than a phased reopening. It will spread but it is more prudent to have it spread at a rate that doesn’t exceed capacity.

This graph is 11 days old, worse now

I think your graph in the future will show Europe with a very Long tail just like China. If the current conditions remain the same in the US soon it will drop off sharply due to heard immunity. Assuming a vaccine is not right around the corner as history has shown, like I said before everyone is going to get it. It can be a sharp peak and drop off or a long low decline. If the first model does not overwhelm the system, its a better model. The system has not been overwhelmed or even close. The longer it drags on there will be restrictions and restrictions cost the economy. If the economy fails, deaths from the China flu will be minimal in comparison. Right now its artificially being propped up with free money for everyone to live. That will not last forever and when it ends the Us better be back to work or things will become much worse. Think about the Titanic it didn't sink right away. That is where our economy is, the water is coming in and the pumps won't keep up. If the hole is not plugged we suffer the same fate.