• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2018

vintagebike

Next year thinking of Wednesday at Little Ski Hill, Thursday at Brundage if with more opened terrain and trails, Friday at Jug Mountain and Saturday at the Low Ranch with the big dinner in a larger venue on Saturday night. Sunday for the drive home. There may be alternatives as politics and such will change. :flowers: MVSC

vintagebike

more challenging terrain

Before the snow is gone this year we will be meeting with the mountain manager at Brundage and representatives from the Forrest Service to see if we can get up on the mountain to the designated Snow Cat areas. If Tamarack is out of its financial and legal troubles we can also look there since the entire mountain is (for now?) privately owned. Jug Mountain also wants to get us up higher on the mountain to the state land and also host a night run. More soonish. :shifty: Steve

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks steve for the effort and success in doing this. i'm sure many are looking forward to next year and another good time.
jim

vintagebike

next year at Jug Mountain

Met today with the Jug Mountain crew. They want to do more for 2018- talking about a Night Run for the "wild bunch" allowing the cats to stay overnight and then a breakfast, expanded Mountain access to the state Forrest and a lunch at the reservoir or BBQ dinner at the club house. :clap::clap::clap: MVSC

vintagebike

Already thinking about McCallin' All Cats 2018

Talked to Colby, the Manager of Little Ski Hill , yesterday. Next year, this time on Wednesday night so Sunday can be the travel day, they want to plow and clear more parking for easier unloading and better trailer storage, a torchlight parade up and down the hill with the hill lights off, a special menu dinner just for us, real men and women Snow Cat games and competition with prizes and more Snow Cat Golden Orange at $2.00 per Red Dixie Cup.:w00t2: Don't forget the 2017 Event Limited Edition Prints will be available very soon.:flowers: MVSC and crew

teamster

I was really hoping to get to one of the get togethers this year, but didn't get my ducks in order. I've got the wife convinced that next year I'm loading up and heading across the border to find some areas, that actually get some snow, were I can spend some time catting. So your get together in McCall is my incentive to get my "100 Mile Tucker" finished and I've got a pair of full locking diffs to put in my Volvo highway tractor, then I'll be ready to put on the miles. I'm continually watching this post to see what has happened, and what's planned. Thanks for the posted info and the incentive to get my ducks together. Here in Alberta it has been very disappointing for snow.

vintagebike

Where we are going with McCallin' All Cats 2018

The biggest problem here in McCall is access. The NFS in this region has a tight grip on the groomed trails and open spaces, even on most public non Forrest Service land- right after the first snow. So we had to chase after the private land and with recent ownership changes and the new gates and fences we were successful after two or three attempts to sign up the sites. Insurance for the private areas is always required too- $1 million per site/day. So we formed the McCall Vintage SnowCat Club to be part of the Idaho State Snow Machine Association to help qualify as an umbrella organization. The snow this yeay was great! Now that the locals and the site operators know what a " Vintage Snow Cat" is they are really excited to expand next year's event with changes coming in how Valley County and the NFS look at our rigs. More food , more Snow Cat Golden Orange beer , many more miles and more challenging terrain for McCallin' All Cats 2018- Wednesday night, February 21- Saturday night , February 25, 2018. MVSC and McCall Crew

vintagebike

Drove up to the Little Ski Hill today. Looks like the snow is all but gone. That means that winter is just around the corner.

IMG_5148.jpg

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
and with winter right around the corner, does this mean you are ready to announce 2018 mccallin'...there are lots of folks looking forward your party on the snow

BearGap

GOLD Site Supporter
Can out of state enthusiasts join your club? Count me in. BTW, my folks are from St. Maries and I spent 8 years in the mills over there. Maybe I can get extra dessert?

vintagebike

Folks came in from Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, California, Canada and as far away as Wisconsen and Massachusetts. The more the merrier. Extra dessert, good idea.

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

:winterrul:

:dancing: :coolshade: :dancing:

Last edited:

vintagebike

Winter prep work?

Saw a tractor today clearing the big rocks on the lot next to the Best Western Hotel. Could it be to make room for easier parking and showing of a lot more cats in 2018? :whistling: MVSC

tractor.jpg

vintagebike

All of us here on the McCall Crew have been working to make McCallin' All Cats 2018 "more better". So i guess this is the "official" announcement. Lots of sometimes strong suggestions and comments have been VERY helpful. So...

McCallin' All Cats 2018. Wednesday February 21 through Saturday February 24 2018.
44-54-39N 116-6-11W.

vintagebike

early winter in McCall?

I think we had our first snow last year mid October:unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_5521.PNG
    IMG_5521.PNG
    218.5 KB · Views: 574

vintagebike

A good omen for 2018

McCall has 4 days of rain and snow for next week. It seems like only a few months ago everyone was here for McCallin' 2017... oh, it was just a few months ago.:w00t2:
IMG_5522.PNG

vintagebike

Early Snow

Like much of the upper elevation Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountain areas, McCall overnight has received an early snow. February 21st will be here before you know it.:unsure:IMG_1353.jpg

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
Should have my Frandee Model D S/N 37, which still has the steering ski, restored in time to make it, lets see if there are any room and gas card offers out there for me to bring it up like there were last year. Check it out (as I found it in 2010) under Gmoose postings in this forum. I will see if I can make it from Pocatello, Idaho.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Should have my Frandee Model D S/N 37, which still has the steering ski, restored in time to make it, lets see if there are any room and gas card offers out there for me to bring it up like there were last year. Check it out (as I found it in 2010) under Gmoose postings in this forum. I will see if I can make it from Pocatello, Idaho.

wow, a FRANDEE, any chance you could post photos of the restoration, that would be great to see...

Last edited:

vintagebike

mcCallin' all Frandees

The McCall Vintage SnowCat Club now offers any Front Ski Frandee a $100 gas card. Vintage Perfect for Wednesday, the first day/night at Little Ski Hill. :clap: McCall Crew

GMoose

GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I am claiming that $100 gift card for the Frandee Sno Shu with a front ski! I have hundreds of restoration photos, I attached a photo of before (2010 when I purchased it for $100) and now (many many thousands of $ and hours later). If you want any photos of something specific, like how to make your own grousers for a Frandee I can provide that. The restoration is getting very close to complete, I just need a few more weeks of warm weather to complete the painting then I can finish the assembly. If you are passing through Pocatello, give me a call (208-221-5595 - Dave Stites) and I can show it to you.

Attachments

• DSCN3623.jpg
    DSCN3623.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 445
  • 102_0572.jpg
    102_0572.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 452

vintagebike

As found by Big Al in Forbestown, Ca in 2009. Yep, the Torpedo will be the Poster Cat for "McCallin' All Cats 2018".
IMG_5600.JPG