• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Ordered new fog light assemblies for my truck. Old ones are original and falling apart so I will be removing them to see what fasteners I can salvage and which ones I need to hunt down. Also need to change the 9005 wiring plugs as one quit working over the winter.

Glad the weather is finally moving toward spring. Gonna be mid 50's today.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Going to try out new circular saw today. Cutting wood for planks for add on to docks. Then transport 4x4's and planks down to river. Son got a new bigger boat so it's time to add 30ft of new dock to our 80 ft docks. Hope weather and water level cooperates so we can get er done this Saturday. So far forecast looks perfect. Low water, and 70 degrees. Hoping they are right on.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Got chased into the house by high winds and dropping temps. It was beautiful all day, sunny and warm and then BOOM. We're now getting 40MPH+ and the temp has dropped by 15 degrees. At least I finished what I wanted to get done on the truck. :yum::thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I've been pronounced healthy.
My b/p is on the low end which I suspected.
Got my beta blocker adjusted, was told to keep doing what I'm doing.
Yay! I intend to make a nice big breakfast dinner lol

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gym this morning. Went shopping for miscellaneous reno materials for a rental house I'm getting ready for sale. It's more like putting lipstick on a pig. It'll still be a pig when I'm done. All panelling inside. Dated siding. Good 2 bedroom starter home. I've had it 20 years. Time to pass it along to someone else.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Annual Podiatrist visit yesterday and Eye exam today. Actually had both eyes examined. :smile: Passed everything with flying colors. Assuming I can stay on my two feet I should be able to stay away from any doctors for a while. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
After a second sleepless night, I loaded up the two older boys in the truck along with a bunch of tools and supplies to drive 3 hours to my home town where I still have 2 rentals. One is going on the market soon. It's only a two bedroom with no basement but a garage. I installed it carpet in one room while the boys washed walls and windows. I also tackled the kitchen where the previous tenant had a small grease fire. The only casualty was the oven fan. I picked up a used one for cheap. Tomorrow I'll tackle installing linoleum in the kitchen if the only place in town that sells it is able to get it down off their flooring display. It's a motorized flooring display that rotates the rolls of carpeting so you can select one you want. It died while I was there today.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No clue.

The Lovely_Mrs Bob is still out of town

Melen came home yesterday. She has a morning DR appointment and plans to leave to return to school directly from the DR’s office. We may meet for breakfast after the doctor?

No clue what Dasha is doing today. I may take her to the museum in Chicago tomorrow?

My plan was to get one of the motorcycles into the shop for a service and to have Aux lights installed but that didn’t work out as the lights are back ordered. Maybe I’ll just go out and ride today?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Another rather sleepless night sleeping on a cot in my old house. Been on the go since 7am finishing up the kitchen and starting on the bathroom. All it needs is a wipe down and new caulking on the tub. The boys are being really helpful without complaining. I'm more or less delegating and teaching them basic household maintenance skills like simple wiring a plug and applying caulking. Also more in depth renovation stuff like installing a carpet in a bedroom or moving a stove and installing a range hood. Good skills for them to learn.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
All the grandkids are out of town, otherwise I'd go visit them.
So I'll just have a quiet day puttering around, take my walk again since the weather is beautiful, then go to work tonight.
May go out to dinner.
I've been craving Chinese.
The kind that doesn't poison me.
:yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Plans changed.

After breakfast I took Melen’s car to the shop. 4 new tires and an alignment.

Damn kids are expensive!

I’ll be waiting for a couple hours at the cigar lounge for a call to come back and pick it up

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Hit WallyWorld for some automotive supplies, oil and a filter. My new fog light housings are supposed to come in on Tuesday but it is coming by FedEx and they suck around here. I've chewed their asses off so many times they hate me. The drivers are fine, their management are dicks. The feeling is mutual.

Also picked up some Bar & Chain oil. A gallon of cheap stuff to spray under the truck and a gallon of good stuff to get some firewood cut just as soon as the ground stiffens up a bit but before the trees leaf out. Tight window for that up here. Burned a lot of wood and pellets this winter. It was a long, windy, cold one.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I just got back home after working my butt off for two days getting the rental ready to sell. It's going on the market soon. And because the market is limited for two bedroom homes, I stand to do well hopefully doubling my initial investment due to the gold mine set to open soon. Workers are already trickling into town looking for houses to buy and there aren't many available surprisingly.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went from breakfast to the dealer. They were the only local place with the proper tire size in stock. After sitting there for an hour the service manager took pity on me and gave me a loaner so I drove to the cigar lounge to hang out. Sat on my butt there for too long and got pretty bored. At 3pm I called the dealer back, manager said car should have new tires and alignment done by 4pm. Showed up at 3:45. Car wasn’t ready until 4:30. To their credit it was washed inside and out so I can’t cpmplain too much, and they took care of me without an appointment and actually had the tires I needed.

Got home about 5:30. Fed the mutts.

Hopped on a motorcycle and rode about 65 miles. Home shortly before sunset. Bourbon in a glass and my rear end in a LaZboy now. Not a bad finish to the day.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
A crab apple tree spouted in my dad's yard about 10 years ago. I've been wanting to transplant it every year séance. A slender sapling trapped in a fence, I freed it in 2014. I have root pruned it for the last two years but never got the chance to dig it up.

The house is going to a flipper soon so this was my last chance.

Today the trunk is over two inches. But the root ball is only about 30 inches round and deep So I dug a ditch around to, hammered a post spade under it and towed it out of it's hole with the truck.

It was about 15 feet high so I cut it back to 6 feet at a nice branching point. Cut them out as well. It will be a pollard but they are lovely bloomers in the spring.

I set it is a 36" by 20" deep cedar barrel planter for the patio.

Sorry no pics.

I used to transplant trees like this all the time. But old age made this one an all day exhausting project. I'm done and donner.

Time for a beer. And some FF

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I am going to tackle replacing the door jamb switch on my pickup. Of course that entails taking the driver's door all apart and then taking apart the door latch assembly, replace the switch and attempt to put it all back together all the while working partly by feel and trying to fit my fingers in there.

I watched the YouTube how to video. :bolt:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
YouTube is awesome. I always refer to instructional videos before tackling most projects. Learned a lot watching YouTube.

We went to the 10am service. The rest of the day is doing sfa with my feet up watching tv with the heated blanket on and a couple puppies curled up on my lap. I love my new heated blanket. My legs are cramped up from the past few days so the heat helps.

We're under a severe weather warning right now. Rain. Lots of it. The snow is melting. I can see half of my lawn.

Canadian eh!!!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Well, got the door jamb switch installed without too much of a hitch. Took some time though.

I wonder what the dealer would have charged to install it. I'll bet 3-400 bucks.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'll be staying here, watching made-4-tv movies & sipping on cabernet sauvignon..... until i hafta snooze; then onto an appointmet i thought i'd on schedule 4 this morning, tho it's 4 monday-- i went into my flake mode--- lunch would be lovely--

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
getting a new keyboard, dammit-- & seeing my nurse-- sigh-- i could use a nap; my earbuds broke immediately

oops-- they play music!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Later today the lovely Mrs_Bob returns home after spending 2 weeks visiting her brother & sister sort through their family belonging that have been in storage for the past decade since the death of their parents.

Everything was in a small warehouse in Albuquerque. There is now a pick up truck heading back home. Apparently it is FULL of stuff that has sentimental value.

House is mostly put back together after a week of bachelor living. I'll dust and do a few other minor clean ups before they arrive late afternoon or early evening.

-----

Sunday I took Dasha to the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago.

-----

Monday I arrived at the high school just after school ended. I was sitting in the parking lot by the door, with the top of the convertible down, enjoying the sunshine. One of the security guards came up to me and told me to come inside quickly.:hammer: There had been a shooting moments earlier, about 1 mile away, at the DMV. The school was going on LOCKDOWN and I was getting locked inside with the kids.

Probably 5 minutes later the lockdown was over. The local police had secured the situation at the DMV. No doubt some unhappy customer was trying to get his/her driver's license reinstated and didn't want to wait in a long line???

I chatted with some of the kids I knew and headed back out to the car. A few moments later Dasha and her friend Joy came out of the school. They were locked down in a different area of the school. I drove the girls to the beauty salon for haircuts and then later returned them to the school.

Attachments

• faVOwO7yS7m73QnXPuJi%g.jpg
    faVOwO7yS7m73QnXPuJi%g.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 32
  • dFraY3UlQ62T5vDlX6ddeA.jpg
    dFraY3UlQ62T5vDlX6ddeA.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 37
  • fullsizeoutput_6b8d.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_6b8d.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 32

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Taking two of the kids for eye appointments soon. Then absolutely sfa until this evening when we are taking the girls to a country Christian concert. I'll spend most of the day shopping/researching boats trying to keep my mind off this Friday. That's when I have arbitration/mediation to hopefully finally come to a settlement for my accident.

Canadian eh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.