• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SV200 Up Trailer Ramps?

snowbird

Looking at used deck-over trailer for SV200 SkiDozer. Ramps are 7 feet long and deck is 30 inches from ground. Will the SkiDozer go up those ramps? Will I need to put wooden cleats on the ramps?:mellow: Trailer is 7000 pounds GVW. Cat weighs about 4400. Hard to tow with bumper hitch?:sad:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
To help with the ramps a 4X4 block cross ways at the ends will help, as will any incline you might be able to utilize to lower the deck to the ground. Those are fairly short ramps, any chance welded on extentions could be made? 24" more would make a big difference.

Cleats would be a nice addition, I have them on my Snow Trac trailer....

For a 3/4 ton pickup truck, especially a 4X4 diesel no problem. I tow a 252 diesel Ski Dozer with the blade and the groomer at about 10K lbs on a tandem, deck over the tires 5th wheel 35' long and the trailer is around 8K. It's a load if the wind is blowing the wrong way.

In your case maybe a properly equipted half ton would even work. A hitch with the equalizer bars would help lots. But the 7K weight of the trailer, would make me want at least a 3/4 ton model.

No Ice on West lake Okabogi...not looking good....

Best regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
looks as if my post didn't take if you are towing at anny distance at high way speeds you need the equalizer hitch it just makes life better the bumper hitch isn't going to work and most frame mounted recievers are only limited to a 5k weight and 500 lb toung weight and 1k toung and 10k gross with an equalized system some folks like to cheep out and use a hd reciever with heavy 1 tones to get away from the equalizer but the reality is it only adds a couple hundred pounds and a couple k more toung and tow weight and your handling will suck especialy on slick roads where you need weight on your steering axle

the old trucker

I agree, Don, you can't have a too heavy & sturdy hitch for when your towing anything above 1,500 lbs. GROSS.... It's too late when you have trouble.....

OT.