• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Flu Vaccine This Year

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have always been adamant that when one gets the flu shot, it doesn't cause the flu.
(well, it doesn't)..
However.. I got mine recently (3 days ago) and since have been slowly going down.. down.. down..:hammer:
Last year, I had what I consider to have been some sort of reaction.. but whatever..
grrrrrrr
Time to hop under the covers and get warm and see how I feel tomorrow.
:neutral:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I got the first one I ever had a few weeks ago and it knocked me down for almost a week. I ended up going to the doc's and she gave me an script for something to finally get over it.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You two aren't doing much for the rest of us yet to have taken the shot. I have taken them before and I intended to again this year, but.......:unsure::neutral:

Regards, Kirk

Enceladus

Site Supporter
I have always been adamant that when one gets the flu shot, it doesn't cause the flu.
(well, it doesn't)..
However.. I got mine recently (3 days ago) and since have been slowly going down.. down.. down..:hammer:
Last year, I had what I consider to have been some sort of reaction.. but whatever..
grrrrrrr
Time to hop under the covers and get warm and see how I feel tomorrow.
:neutral:

I have been getting flu shots for at least ten years and this year was the first one that got me down some, but I got the Pneumonia at the same time. Have not had the flu in ten years either.

Too bad they still do not have one for colds.

Hope you feel better soon.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I got mine at work a few weeks ago.(we have a nurse at the office) It was alright. No adverse reactions. No real side effects. Got my son done as well. He was ok with it too.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that you feel poorly.

I got mine about 3 weeks ago.

I ran into the wife of a friend the other day and I asked her how the ol' man was doing because I hadn't seen him in a while. She said that he was in rehab. He gets a flue shot every year but it seems that this year he had a reaction to it. I can't remember what she called it but he started suffering from loss of balance and paralysis in his legs. He spent 10 days in the hospital and now has to rehab to learn how to walk again. I'd never heard of such a thing.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Last flu shot I got in about 2001, was eating lunch and the Base PA came in and gave us all the shots. Within a few min's my whole right side of my face drooped like I was having a stroke. It was Bells Palsy, last shot for the flu I will ever have!

Never seem to stop me from getting the flu, take Vit. C now and flu has been short and mild!

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got mine a few weeks ago and I got a 3 day cold; sore throat, congestion, and sniffles.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Fuck that establishment poison. I was forced to get them in the Air Force, and got sick each and every time. I get the flu about once every two to three years, and withing 3-5 days it's over.
If the gubmit promotes it, I don't want anything to do with it. They're tring to kill the old people off with their poison so they don't have to pay so much unsociable security.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Last night my temp spiked to 102.1.
Throat felt like I was inhaling fire, dry cough. inner ears very painful, swollen gland on left side, upset stomach, aching lower back, slight nasal drip, dull headache.
NO appetite at all.
Been drinking copious amounts of water and hot tea, taking Aleve for discomfort.
The worst part of today has been the headache and fatigue.
The way I feel about it right now, I seriously doubt I'll get the flu vaccine again.
This thing officially whipped my ass 12 ways.

jwstewar

This thread isn't making me feel very comfortable. Monica and I both had our shots yesterday at my work.....so far we are both feeling OK.:whistling:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
This thread isn't making me feel very comfortable. Monica and I both had our shots yesterday at my work.....so far we are both feeling OK.:whistling:
Well I hope you continue to Jim.
I felt fine too for a couple of days, then thought a simple cold was coming on until, wham.

Enceladus

Site Supporter
I only got sick the one time and it was all that bad. and have been getting them ten years, and never have gotten the flu since!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ok...I had the shot a few weeks ago now. Woke up this morning with a fever, sore, stomach, and the runs...WTF Gives???

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It takes longer for the germs they inject into you to work in the cold Canadian air!:clap::yum::yum:

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife and I had the flu shot about 3 weeks ago. No problems for us so far.

Bob

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i wouldn't get them for years- i despise being ill & was scared of getting ill from the vaccine.
now i get 'em & haven't gotten symptoms before, thank goodness) though the doctors/nurses that administer them usually say u can have mild flu-like symptoms fer a few days. yinz ails nary fit into the 'mild' category!!
i'm gonna keep getting my shots, tho.

JIK, i use sanitizer & disinfectant wipes chronically, & leave one on my screen-door so people enteing my place take the hint to use the stuff, too.

get well soon, guys-

Attachments

• IMG_1719333.jpg
    IMG_1719333.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1388266.jpg
    IMG_1388266.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1560308.jpg
    IMG_1560308.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 50

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
In your current condition, Aubs, I think any medical person would advise you to get the jab.
Love you.

sunlover

I've gotten the flu shot and others with no side effects. Much ado about nothing to me. Me thinks we get paranoid about too many things especially as we get older. Just sayin...:whistling:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
In your current condition, Aubs, I think any medical person would advise you to get the jab.
Love you.

yeah, my PCP is an excellnt doctor & i trust her judjement so when she says jump i say how high. & i luv u too, lollie! is your flu easing its :hammer: on you yet..... poor thing

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
As of today.. just a slight cough.. the appetite has been here and there all day, I did eat though.. some..
Napping helps.
Sleep- the cure all for anything that ails ya with the seasonal nasties.

rugerman

The flu shot that they are giving this year is the same one that was given last year. The CDC couldn't figure out what was coming so they just reran the one from last year. The government line is that they don't know how much immunity the shot last year gave people so they want you to get it again. But if you remember a few years ago when the flu that they thought was comming was similar to the 1912 epidemic they said that it would be worse on younger folks because the older guys had been exposed long ago. Guess you can have it both ways if the government says so.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The flu shot that they are giving this year is the same one that was given last year. The CDC couldn't figure out what was coming so they just reran the one from last year. The government line is that they don't know how much immunity the shot last year gave people so they want you to get it again. But if you remember a few years ago when the flu that they thought was comming was similar to the 1912 epidemic they said that it would be worse on younger folks because the older guys had been exposed long ago. Guess you can have it both ways if the government says so.

• an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)-like virus
  • an A/Perth/16/2009 (H3N2)-like virus
  • a B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus.

The H1N1 virus recommended for inclusion in the 2010-2011 seasonal influenza vaccine is a pandemic 2009 H1N1 virus and is the same vaccine virus as was used in the 2009 H1N1 monovalent vaccine.
This recommended composition of the seasonal vaccine for the Northern Hemisphere, including the United States, is the same composition that was recommended for the Southern Hemisphere’s 2010 influenza vaccines.

SShepherd

I can say this.

everyone I knew that got the flu got the shot, they were sick for 14 days.

i got no shot, I was sick for 5