• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Mid-West region cat clowder February 3-4

Patroller

3 frames I pulled from the video.

Attachments

• Top of Lift 8.jpg
    Top of Lift 8.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 273
  • Musket cropped 2.jpg
    Musket cropped 2.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Top of Lift6.jpg
    Top of Lift6.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 277

Patroller

Just found this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5hYZxX2MHU#t=280.102313

I am in awe of the range of that flying machine.
Good GOD steve you have really upped the videography, thank you for freezing your fingers to capture this trip to the alpin inn. I will see if I can get the video from the Fat Bikers..

There is no arguing about the lights and there effectiveness. ( my son and I were debating the merits of the LED vs HID )

Matt your uncles two trac, tucker was well lit. Is that the one he hauled back from Maine or the one from Albany NY?

I have some video from near the Alpen Inn and you can really see the LED lights on the snow.
I really need video of the second half the races. I need that to finish the next video, so if you see any posted let me know.:biggrin:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The nutritionally enhanced bikers have some footage.

Dave?

Eric?

you find your way here yet?

DG_Rally

Hi everyone! Thanks for the great time this weekend. What's the best way to share the video? I don't have much but I think Eric at least has another angle of the torpedo ripping through the course...

Dave

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
Loved the videos. Especially the way the snow trac lighted the way for the tucker.

The nutritionally enhanced bikers have some footage.

Dave?

Eric?

you find your way here yet?

Yes! Found my way here! Can't remember the last time I was on a forum. I used to be an addict! I wonder if I'll turn into a Clowder addict?!?! :w00t2:

Anyway, I do have a bunch of footage of the aforementioned Torpedo. I'll combine a few of them and post it on the Youtubes.

Thanks everyone for such a fun weekend! What a welcoming and cool community you have!! Cheers

corby

This was my first time at this event, everybody was nice and easy to talk too. I plan on for sure being at it next year with my machine. I did take some pics while I was there, I will post them tomorrow.

Can you check the original file to see what the resolution is? If it's on your computer you can right click on the file name and select properties.
Thanks

Why do you ask? I did it all from my phone so I'm unable to check. Do you want the video? I could post on Google Drive

Patroller

The original files are often higher resolution than what is uploaded to Youtube. If you can upload to any online storage like Google Drive that would be great. Thank you for your help.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Was there any sno left after that torpedo burned it all up?

Nice to see the unicorns playing out in the wild!

Backyardski

BackyardskiLima
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like a great time, I may make the trip next year. It must be fun to drive a snowcat on the snow:hammer:
I see why they are called torpedoes, that thing flies!

who's excursion is that in the video? I've got the same one, same concave rear window that the wiper doesn't clean too!

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Wow!! looks like everyone had a great time .:biggrin: I have got to say ain't no way i would run my torpedo that hard !!!!!!!:clap::clap: Someone must have squirreled away a lot of spare parts !! way to go Jinn !!!:biggrin::biggrin:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes this event is always a lot of fun. :clap:

Just wish we could do it several times per year. :sad:

But I am so glad we take the time to go and experience a run through the beautiful woods of Upper Michigan. Good for the soul.. :wink:

Snow in the Midwest has been less than spectacular this year. Even up in the UP.. Here all we have is semi frozen mud..

Regards, Kirk

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
She's the first to say they weren't built to be stored in a garage! Can't believe no one called shotgun for the ski area loop. You guys afraid of a few flurries?? :ermm::ermm::whistling:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
She's the first to say they weren't built to be stored in a garage! Can't believe no one called shotgun for the ski area loop. You guys afraid of a few flurries?? :ermm::ermm::whistling:

there would have been a couple of FAT bikers in there if there were to be a bike rack on there......

it is funny how when you offer snow cat rides.... people get nervous.

then again it wasn't 20 minutes between the carbon clean out and the parade lap..... I still love the boot down approach to the obstacle course.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
A non-headlight machine will be just fine :brows:.... The pics with all of the machines lined up on the snow bank was after the ride last year. We all made it back with minor bumps in the trail and plenty of light left.

humm, now speaking from first hand experience, you need headlights!!!!!!!!!!!!when SNIPE HUNTING...........

Last edited:

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
first and foremost, I met some of the most wonderful people, and to a person, everyone made me feel so welcome and i absolutely enjoyed the Clowder!!!!

Thank you to each and everyone at the Clowder.........

Attachments

• DSC_0170.jpg
    DSC_0170.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC_0092.jpg
    DSC_0092.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC_0147.jpg
    DSC_0147.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0123.jpg
    DSC_0123.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_0088.jpg
    DSC_0088.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 292
  • DSC_0101.jpg
    DSC_0101.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 290

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
and the people make the event great!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC_0150.jpg
    DSC_0150.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC_0158.jpg
    DSC_0158.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0164.jpg
    DSC_0164.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC_0083.jpg
    DSC_0083.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 283

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
great event, hope to attend many more times to come....

Attachments

• DSC_0131.jpg
    DSC_0131.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC_0128.jpg
    DSC_0128.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 286
  • DSC_0152.jpg
    DSC_0152.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 288

Patroller

Yes this event is always a lot of fun. :clap:

Just wish we could do it several times per year. :sad:

But I am so glad we take the time to go and experience a run through the beautiful woods of Upper Michigan. Good for the soul.. :wink:

Snow in the Midwest has been less than spectacular this year. Even up in the UP.. Here all we have is semi frozen mud..

Regards, Kirk

We're finally getting lots of lake enhanced snow now. It's been snowing steady for the last 30 hours and no sign of letting up.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
:wink::smile::biggrin:

Attachments

• DSC_0159.jpg
    DSC_0159.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC_0146.jpg
    DSC_0146.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC_0045.jpg
    DSC_0045.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 272

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great photos for sure. I need to up my camera game a bit.

This photo surfaced and tells my story of the clowder 2017.

In my fleet this machine was purchased as insurance to support another cat. Here in the midwest we call them *parts cats* and we store them outside behind barns.
with that said; the rule of hoarding generally dictate that attempts-to-run must be applied to parts vehicles to truly assess the condition. ( you would not want junk just sitting behind the barn)

well this machine was purchase non-running and was winched onto the trailer at elevation, (by a flat lander) and upon its return to the oxygen enriched midwest, was going to be pulled off the trailer, until Mrs. Sqwrl encouraged me to "at least try to start it!" Why Yes, it was driven off the trailer and all around the compound.
fast forward a few years and a donor engine from CL (they run better with four pistons going up and down) and some newish trelleborg T522 tires and some home created heat boxes and a bit of blood

My son applied some of his Knack for all things mechanical, he recreated axles, straightened Trucks/walking beams, mounted tires, adjusted, replaced Greased, Swore, and cleaned, Wired and wrenched his way to a fully functioning ST-4 :clap:

there are snow boards, Bikes, cooking and lawn furniture loaded on this beast. it performed as new.
Having served its duty in the minor leagues, it is now being called up to the big leagues.:w00t2:

Machines need to earn a living at the compound, and this Machine will now be signed into Ice house detail on lake Winnebago.

Again thanks to the photo bugs and cameras. its hard to acknowledge the behind the scenes stories with out evidence.:yum:

Attachments

• desk top.jpg
    desk top.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 258