• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

OhioTC18 could sure use our prayers

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey guys,
I just talked to Phyllis, Jerry's wife. Jerry has been in the hospital since Dec 10th. He is in ICU. It has been a whirlwind she said. He went in for a hip replacement as the fall he took last May and the recovery from the fall did not work out.

So they replaced the hip. Jerry got pneumonia and had to be put on the ventilator a few times. He is having heart issues and now the latest there is an ulcer eating through his intestines. Sounds horrible. Each time on the ventilator has only been for a short period but he has requested no more ventilator. He and Phyllis could sure use our prayers and good wishes.

Thanks guys!!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You got it Doc. He and his wife will be in my prayers tonight. It really upsets me when bad things like that affect old FF friends.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That's terrible news. :(
Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up Greg .
Jerry ,
If you are by chance , reading this , I hope that you recover from your illness quickly . Andthat your recovery is quick ,and complete.
All the best , John

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No updates. I will call for updates weekly. I do not want to bug Phyllis (Jerry's wife) more often than that.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW I had no clue. Please keep us updated

jwstewar

Guys, I'm sorry to say, but I just saw it on Facebook, but Jerry has passed. Please keep Phyllis and the family in your thoughts and prayers.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't think that there is anything that I can say that will ease the pain of his wife and family at this moment. RIP Jerry.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Guys, I'm sorry to say, but I just saw it on Facebook, but Jerry has passed. Please keep Phyllis and the family in your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for letting us know Jim.
I tried to call Phyllis yesterday but didn't get an answer nor did the machine let me leave a msg.

I will follow up on this and be sending flowers or a donation in the name of the FF. I will post info here once I find it.

I've searched for the post last spring about a fall Jerry took down some stairs I think but so far have not found it. If anyone else can find it or share details of what that was I'd be interested. Phyllis told me that is what started Jerry on this path.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

I’m so sorry to hear Jerry’s gone.

Thanks for letting us know.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My heart is broken.
I am crying.
God bless Jerry and his family.
That man was so lovely to me in all my years on this forum.
Always concerned, always caring.
Rest in peace you beautiful soul.
You were, ARE loved.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is indeed terrible news. :(
RIP Jerry. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've searched for the post last spring about a fall Jerry took down some stairs I think but so far have not found it. If anyone else can find it or share details of what that was I'd be interested. Phyllis told me that is what started Jerry on this path.
I found the post Jerry made on 6/1/2018.
He also spoke of procedures and not doing well last July.
He broke his hip in mid May.