• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My collection of Snow Trac items

villi

This is my collection ! Do you have a collection?

Attachments

• Collection of snow trac items.jpg
    Collection of snow trac items.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 406

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
villi said:
Do you have a collection?
Villi, I also have the same duffel bag you have (I wonder where that came from :whistle:) and I have a Snow Trac hat, but my hat is different than your hat. I got mine from Larry up at Roughwoods Inn in Alaska. He may have a few more to sell? http://www.roughwoodsinn.biz/

159926306181_3300.jpg

Below are photos of most of my collection. I have a lot more manuals and articles than are in the photo. But the prize of my collection is the brand new, still in the package, Matchbox. For those who do not know, there are 3 different versions of the Matchbox Snow Trac. One with plain sides. One with a SNOW TRAC decal on the side. One with SNOW TRAC embossed on the side.

I also have a Snow Trac polo style shirt that Gordon Robertson's wife embroidered.

Attachments

• 159884587269_3300.jpg
    159884587269_3300.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 363
  • 159885151621_3300.jpg
    159885151621_3300.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 159884383237_3300.jpg
    159884383237_3300.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 358

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Strange, I have the bag and the mugs and various dvd/cds (courtesy of Bob) but I don't have a hat, I'm jealous! I don't have the dinky toys either. I also don't have any snow!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a new addition. A shift knob. It just arrived today!

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 312

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
BOB I HAVE TO GET ONE OF THOSE SHIFTING KNOBS!!!!! YOU HAVE TO TELL US WHO MADE IT FOR YOU. THATS THE COOLEST IN CAB MOD TO DATE!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Operations said:
BOB I HAVE TO GET ONE OF THOSE SHIFTING KNOBS!!!!!
. . .
THATS THE COOLEST IN CAB MOD TO DATE!
Actually Mike, it is NOT the coolest mod to date.

A custom horn button, as shown in the photo below that matches the shift knob, is actually even cooler than the shift knob! :thumb:

Here is my horn button on the left, and a horn button on the right made for Gordon Robertson's Snow Trac. Gordon chose not to have his personalized and I chose to have mine personalized with the serial number, model number and model year.

I've posted the information in another thread (somewhere) but the guy who made these up for me is Bruce Roosa of Kool Knobs, Inc. He makes shift knobs and other things for street rods and custom cars. http://www.koolknobs.com/index.html

Attachments

• skurkabutton1.jpg
    skurkabutton1.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 286

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
Actually Mike, it is NOT the coolest mod to date.
A custom horn button, as shown in the photo below that matches the shift knob, is actually even cooler than the shift knob! :thumb:
http://www.koolknobs.com/index.html

Bob, you have found and shown some must have items for most of the vintage Aktiv Snowtrac owners. I was not impressed until you came up with the horn button and then have everything serial numbered. :thumb: They are made about 70 miles from where I live. I will now go and spend money saved for flowers and candy for Pigtails for a custom shift knob and horn button for the Tracmaster. :argueing: I can now blame it all on Bob.....:yum:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
I will now go and spend money saved for flowers and candy for Pigtails for a custom shift knob and horn button for the Tracmaster. :argueing: I can now blame it all on Bob.....:yum:

Sorry Pigtails! :hide:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Bob How could you have done something like that to Sweet Pigtails? Ahh she will probably like the horn button and shit knob better anyway than Flowers and Candy.

Bob what did they run if you dont mind me asking?
EDIT BY BOB: the cost was $36 each. I had to supply the logo. Bruce now has logo that I made up for Gordon, and permission from me to use it for anyone who wants it. Bruce can also make things like this for other brands.

Anyone can send him a graphic image and he can insert that image, so a Tucker owner could take a photo of his Tucker, or make up a Sno-Cat logo, and Bruce can insert that into a shift knob, etc.

The horn buttons he made for Gordon and myself are the first horn buttons he ever made, so those are true custom works. I sent him my original horn button and he created a copy from the original.​

Vance

Bob,

Ohhh Eeee - those shift knobs and horn buttons are very classy!!

I'm going to have to get some for my shifter and maybe the hydraulic handles.

I like the horn button, too but if I got one of those I'd have to install a horn!! Hmmm, maybe one of those train horns... or just rig the horn button to a police siren.... hmmmm

Thanks for the tip,

:tiphat:
Vance

Eric L

Site Supporter
I've got a couple Tucker hats.. and my wife found some Tucker Chrismas tree ornaments (they're put away now).

I think these images would look good on shift knob. I'd like to find a larger version of the first one.

Attachments

• 1042_Tuckerweb.jpg
    1042_Tuckerweb.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 293
  • sno-cat.JPG
    sno-cat.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 275

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Vance! A police Siren in on my list. Thats the way to go. Although when I was working in Las Vegas I had a customer show off his TRAIN horn. Holy crap that thing could wake the dead! He had it wired to his alarm system. Air horns are plenty easy to get as well.

Vance

Eric,

I like that Tucker logo and the cat, too. Tucker has a hat for sale that has that cat on it.

I'd like to get an artist to redraw that cat in a "pouncing" pose and then I want to get it stenciled or airbrushed on my doors.

That logo is good for shift knobs but it would be nice to get the "No snow too deep" slogan mixed in there.

Vance

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Vance That logo is good for shift knobs but it would be nice to get the "No snow too deep" slogan mixed in there. Vance[/quote said:
All you have to do is email this to Bruce! It will appear as a white logo in a black shift knob. Colors could be changed, etc.:tiphat:

Attachments

• Tucker-shift-knob.jpg
    Tucker-shift-knob.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 273

Polar

Bob, I like the shift knob. How about any orange background with black lettering?

Attachments

• tucker-shift-knob2.jpg
    tucker-shift-knob2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 265

aksnocat

Polar -

Your orange isn't as orange as the stock Tucker color which is "Omaha orange".

A quick search on wikipedia shows the RGB values for omaha orange as (255, 153, 0).

Not trying to be nitpicky, just accurate.

I wouldn't mind having one o' those Tucker shift knobs or the horn button (but like Vance, then I'd have to make my horn work!).