• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bolens Diablo snow machine

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
While at the Oregon Steamup in Brooks I saw an interesting snowmobile in among the riding lawn tractors.
Info post called it a Diablo, from Bolens Canada. I don't recall seeing one before.

Attachments

• bolens.jpg
    bolens.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 192
  • bolens1.jpg
    bolens1.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 186

grizzer

We had one at the farm late '60's or early '70's. Bolens Diablo Rouge single cylinder 2 stroke. Kind of a beast to steer in new deep snow. Did about 30mph buy very skittish on iced over roads. The ride was impeccable over bumps.

Cidertom

Chionophile
GOLD Site Supporter
I think they were twin tracks.

Yes. It had two handles like bike brakes. I don't know if it was squeeze to go, or squeeze to stop. It looked more cat like than snowmobile, that's why I posted.

BTW if you are in the PNW and haven't been the steamup it is the last weekend in july and the first in August. Worth the admission, if nothing else to see people who have to make their own parts and restore without lot of documentation... just like many of us do. The steamup has most old power sources, not just steam.

Actually it would be cool if we could get a few of us to be in the "Grand Parade" as a group in the future.