• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters
L

leopard_colony

I've just put money down on a Dynatrack, aka XM571. I should be picking it up in a couple of weeks. It uses a Chevy Corvair engine and transmission. Twin units steers by articulation. Size is 5.5 ft x 15.5 ft. Almost all alloy so few rust problems. Does anyone else have one?

341d_0.JPG

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not familiar with that brand , but it does sound interesting. My Snow Trac is almost all aluminum but does have a steel chassis and that was extensively rusted. Whatever steel parts you have, please do yourself a favor and look them over for rust/corrosion.

Your snowcat is narrower than most, I'd love to see some photos when you have a chance to post some!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
A very unusual 1402 as I have seen it and heard it running. Dan, we need some pics posted of your snow cat........

kitimatdude

I used to own a 1957 tucker snokitten. I partially restored and sold on ebay.

I now own a Flextrac Nodwell FN60 that I am restoring to full functionality.
I am not sure of the year. The only date I could find was on the front winch 1972.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you ever get the Kitten into any 'real' snow? If so, how'd it do? Your video just showed a light snow parking lot run. I've heard good things about them and there is one available to me...if I want it.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to own a 1957 tucker snokitten. I partially restored and sold on ebay.

I now own a Flextrac Nodwell FN60 that I am restoring to full functionality.
I am not sure of the year. The only date I could find was on the front winch 1972.

Do you have any photos of the FN60 ? you can post

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Did you ever get the Kitten into any 'real' snow? If so, how'd it do? Your video just showed a light snow parking lot run. I've heard good things about them and there is one available to me...if I want it.

Bob if you do not buy the kitten let me know they are cute.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Boggie man, I have a great shape 1960 Kitten!!!! What you got to trade??????:w00t2:

I have seen yours it is in nice condition, hmmm, how about a really nice Activ Twin track? or maybe something else, a Bombi,anyone on Mainers machines or your pick from Bobcats machines.:chris:

kitimatdude

I had a lot of trouble with it. When I got it all the brakes were rusted solid. it would only run with the choke on full.
I made an adapter for it and ran a mikuni carb from a dirtbike that worked ok.
I cleand the rust and scale as best I could from the brakes and shoes and reassembled it. it worked ok. I pushed it a little one day and the aluminum differential broke in half. I pulled a few favors and got it welded up good. After that I was afraid to use it at all, it felt too delicate. And with no sound deadener inside it was impossible to drive with a hangover! So I sold it, I got $1500USD on ebay. A guy from oregon bought it, drove up and towed it home. he said he had 7 other tuckers at home. His girlfriend/wife called it a "keychain" compared to his others.

edit:
i found it on youtube!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3SeqvSjlPA&feature=related"]YouTube - Tucker Sno-cat Kitten[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57VjRxfPRQ"]YouTube - Tucker Sno-cat Kitten[/ame]

That's the one I sold!

Last edited:

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Since posting to this thread the first time, I have aquired four more cats. Have been busy gathering them into one spot and finally accomplished this task. Now comes the fun part of deciding what to do with each of them, may possibly be interested in selling one of them to finance the repairs of the rest. The list is as follows:

2 DMC 1450 SUPER IMPS, 1 with with approximately 300 hours and the other with around 400 hours.

1 THIOKOL SUPER IMP, with approximately 950 hours.

1 LMC 1500 with approximately 1500 hours.

1 TUCKER 1542.

All run, and am currently fixing up the Thiokol Super Imp, as you may have seen in previous posts and pictures.

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Diiiiiibs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. 8)

Nice collection of cats though!!! I see you either realized the error of your ways by going from Tucker to Thiokol/LMC/DMC or you just recently mistakenly went wandering stray away from the mother ship ... either way... the Tucker must go. ;) (Just kidding...everyone needs a daily driver...ok, really just kidding)

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Mainer, Now that is funny!! The tucker is my first love and probably my favorite. But right next to her is the Thiokol Imp and then the LMC 1500, all of them have there own way of making you want to keep them around!:snow_smi:

tuffe

hello to you all.
I am new here and come from northern parts of sweden.
I am the president of the local offroad club www.poff.org.
I own at the moment.
2 bv206.
2 st4 b.
2 st4.
2 m29c.
1 bombi.
1 Pistenbully 060.​

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
604 thiokol amphibious
Welcome to the Forums & WOW that is one rare unit. I love those things. Any photos?

hello to you all.
I am new here and come from northern parts of sweden.
I am the president of the local offroad club www.poff.org.
I own at the moment.
2 bv206.
2 st4 b.
2 st4.
2 m29c.
1 bombi.
1 Pistenbully 060.​
Glad to have another member from Europe. We've got quite a few folks from your area who check in here. You've got a heck of a collection going. Thanks for the link to your site too.

:xmas:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi!

Living in the middle of Sweden.

Own ST4 58018 and ST4B 2202.

Welcome to the Forums. Looks like we have a couple new members from Sweden joining us in the same day. What are the primary uses for your Snow Trac & Snow Master?