• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters

dkmclean

Thanks for the warm welcome.I've got lots of pic's as we have a large group of owners in this area. (35-40 machines)
As for the pre 1952 b12-b18 machines,Bombardeir made a wheel dolly that clamped to the ski.This was only used to move the machine in the nosnow condition.
Our 10th annual rally is coming up this march.All snow cats welcome.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the warm welcome.I've got lots of pic's as we have a large group of owners in this area. (35-40 machines)
As for the pre 1952 b12-b18 machines,Bombardeir made a wheel dolly that clamped to the ski.This was only used to move the machine in the nosnow condition.
Our 10th annual rally is coming up this march.All snow cats welcome.
You are very welcome to publicize the upcoming rally here, we've got quite a few Canadian members here with various brands of snowcats.

houlio

dkmclean: The picture I posted is our own unit not a Beaver Lake Machine - it is a 1949 - B12 CS

Looks quite similar to the last picture you posted. Looks you you might have a lot of fun with your units throughout the winter. If all works well I'm hoping to attend the rally this year.

snowbird

Nice looking vintage Bombardiers. I'm glad to see more of those in this forum. I just took my 1971 SV200 out for it's first real "spin" last night after finally getting all the bolts into the track.

dkmclean

Houlio: How's the 49 runnin, are ya getin any miles on it .sorry about the Beaver Lake thing ,I did'nt want to use names.

Snowdird: Just looked in my Bombardier history book to check out the SV200 . Looks like fun, bet ya have to work had to get it stuck.How are parts to find?

houlio

dkmclean: has been running well, but the clutch plate is sticking may have to open it up and do some work.

We restored this one to be as original as possible. Nearly everthing is still original, even most of the wood. The problem is that now I keep looking for another unit that I can modify and play with.

Sounds like there are quite a few machines up in your area. A friend first told me about the rally last year after he read an article in a wood working magazine. Are you expecting a big draw for the rally?

Snowbird: do you have pictures of your SV200 somewhere?

dkmclean

Houlio:looks good,even the tires are original cotton 4plys.Is it still the 6volt system.Are ya lookin for another woody or a metal body for the mod.
Should be 35-45 machines for the rally . A wide variety of original and mod's to see. Lots of good ideas,some so so.
cpmuseum@netkaster.ca
tm_aplayford@netkaster.ca between m&a is an understroke.
If you want more info she'll email you a news letter.

The article in the Magazine has a few pics of my 49 being built.
The old timer doing the wood work is my father.

snowbird

b skurka's note should guide you to SV200 pictures. As far as parts, probably another forum member, boggie, is the best source I know of. He's been a super help in my project. We got 5 inches of snow yesterday, so I'm anxious to give the SV200 another trial run.

dkmclean

Snowbird: Had a look at the pic's of your restore .Lots of work,looks good.Did ya find any decals? I have a pic of the factory original in a book. Icould scan it & post it if ya don't have.
I had decals made at a print shop in town,they were about $35. for the set.
Did ya get out for a run .

snowbird

Hoping to try it today. Posting decals would be helpful, although I suspect that Bombardier changed them from year to year. Thanks. (Mine is a 1971 SV200). I put on some striping using my fuzzy zerox copy of a manual as a guide. I also found Boggie (a forum member) has some decals for sale.

dkmclean

Yep your right. The bombie in the book has head lites set into the front body.They call it a Skidozer-sv200.
I'll try scan & post anyway, just to see if I can get it to work.

dkmclean

Now that I have Everyone in the house mad at me ,I think I got it to work. Qualtyis so so.

Attachments

• Bomby 6.jpg
    Bomby 6.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 873
  • Bomby 5.jpg
    Bomby 5.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 869

houlio

Wow Snowbird you sure did a lot of work - looks great!!!

The tires, glass, and electrical is pretty much original - I have a picture of the electrical posted on Northern Tracks website under "Narrow Guage"

I would like to find a smaller unit - two or three seater that I can fix up for fishing.

snowbird

Thanks dmclean for the pictures. That looks exactly like mine (except mine didn't have any headlights set into the sheet metal; they were bolted on an adjustable bracket). I can see now I might want to get those decals. I don't have hydraulics, but I might put a wooden stake assembly on the back as in the picture you posted.

bkvail

I am not a blonde, buster.
I am a firey red head.. so watch it chump.. hehe

At least I'm not the only fiery red head girl in the group :wave:

We have a 61 Thiokol 4T-10 (converted with a rear diff so it's more like a 601) Looks like Thiokol's in the lead on the poll! :applause:

Southtowns27

I have an update!!! I'm the proud new owner of a Thiokol 2100C! It joins the fleet with the '67 Tucker 442-A and the '62 443-AM

night-owl

GOLD Site Supporter
NIGHT-OWL here easy to spell hard to say
Thiokol #1404ST Ser. #T4C0990 Undergoing extensive rebuilding
Sno-Trac ST-4 1977 Ser. # 2018 Very good cond. Has been used not stored
Sno-Master 1966 Ser. #872 " No Tracks " has everything else Need Parts?
I know - No Pictures-No Respect - I will work on that, have cammera lack
knowlege on how to submit. :bonk: Everything maybe for sale / not cheap
When you runout of toys you runout of FUN

1961 Tucker 443A

Just starting a "mid-sized" restoration on her. I'll post pics as soon as I get enough qualifing posts.

Last edited:

wakeupcall

GOLD Site Supporter
Recently purchased a Tucker 1342 when I picked up cat it was a 1542?? By the way it is a 1976.

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpg
    IMG_1147.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a Tucker 542 now how do I add it to the poll

If you voted once in the poll then you can't vote again. However, as a moderator I can alter the poll. So I went in and added 1 more to the Tucker listing for you.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just purchased a "slightly used" j5. Not sure of year...(1950s?) tag is missing.
image.php

Welcome to the club of snowcat owners. Some days that club will hit you over the head :bonk: but most days these things are just a lot of fun :w00t2: