• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Pizza.. What do u think?

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Yesterday at work, I found this review for Hayward's very unique pizza parlor on Yelp.
It;s Coops Pizza right here in Hayward WI.
This place is packed every single day of the week!
When we call for a pizza to go.. it's 30 minutes.. and when you show up - there is no where to park. This is how pizza should be.. The person who wrote the following review on Yelp hasn't a clue!

The toppings were sepArated from the crust by a layer of grease, which prevented them from sticking, so every time you pick up a piece you get the crust but the toppings slide right off and have to be rescued.

YUMMMM!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Meh, Jack's here in Delphos is the best.
The best pizza I have ever had. Their chicken and fish baskets aren't bad either, AND they are employed mostly by the kids who go to my church, which is why I frequent them whenever I can.
Just a little drive-thru joint right across from my bank and a building next to the church.

RNE228

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
Years ago when I threw pizza's. the place was the only one around. I remember having 1.5-2 hour waits. We were cranking them out in the kitchen, all the ovens going. And, people would be ok with that. They were good pizza's, but not spectacular. It was a small N. Calif chain. Gone now.

The owner got smart, bought a video camera, and would pay someone to go video soccer games, little league, softball ect. Then the teams came in to eat pizza and watch their game. Between that, and normal customers/takeout, they would be 1.5-2 hours...

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
But wait a sec.. what about the idea that pizza should be dripping grease down you hand while you pile the cheese and toppings back on?

Isn't that what pizza makes?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
But wait a sec.. what about the idea that pizza should be dripping grease down you hand while you pile the cheese and toppings back on?

Isn't that what pizza makes?

Aye, and if it has a thin, crispy crust.
Omg.. I am getting hungry for pizza now.. :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Charley's Place, Rural Valley, PA (pop 900) ............... They have been serving the best pizza in this area for over 40 years, all homemade! Hell we ate there last night and had ................................ PIZZA!

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Charley's Place, Rural Valley, PA (pop 900) ............... They have been serving the best pizza in this area for over 40 years, all homemade! Hell we ate there last night and had ................................ PIZZA!

Well.. I cant seem to get anyone to say what makes a pizza the best. I still say - it better be greasy. Dripping grease -- as you eat it.
Cheese so melted... that it streaked from the pan to u'r plate. Toppings so heavy.. they fall off.. and you just pick them up with your fingers...
oH... AND BEFORE i PASS OUT ON BEER TONIGHT... I need to say Pizza Hut SUCKS!
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well.. I cant seem to get anyone to say what makes a pizza the best. I still say - it better be greasy. Dripping grease -- as you eat it.
Cheese so melted... that it streaked from the pan to u'r plate. Toppings so heavy.. they fall off.. and you just pick them up with your fingers...
oH... AND BEFORE i PASS OUT ON BEER TONIGHT... I need to say Pizza Hut SUCKS!
:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

The crust makes the pizza, ain't bad to have a pretty good sauce. Grease is a sign of too much "real" mozzarella or cheap cheese. And YES you can have a great pizza without grease. I'm not too much into binding the bowels .............. :)