• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

To error is human to really screw up takes a computer

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I had some GIF animation freeware on my old computer that I really liked since it was so easy to use.
Last night I downloaded it onto this computer. This morning a big popup window came up on the computer demanding that I fill out whether I spoke Spanish or was Hispanic etc. I suspected this was related to the freeware I had downloaded. The only way I could get rid of it was to hit the "Ctrl Alt Del" keys and force it to shutdown. I then went and made an online search for the program and got some info on how to get rid of it, basically I was told I could only get rid of it piece by piece which I did. I still couldn't get rid of it so had to do a system restore. After I did that my freeware Gif animator did not work. So again I did a search for the survey software and went to it's homepage there it said that all I had to do is go to the control panel and uninstall it.
As I wanted to use the GIF freeware as well as to see if it was the source of that (to me anoying) survey software I downloaded it again. However before installed it I very carefully looked at the terms and license and indeed it was the souce of the survey software. There was no way to install one with out the other. Since worst come to worst I now knew a (slow) for sure way to get rid of the survey software I installed the freeware. I then was able to use the control panel and unistall the survey software and the GIF animator still works. Moral of the story pay attention. I would have saved myself hours of work if I had of I feel pretty stupid.:doh:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Those pop ups are getting trickier and trickier. They fool thousands and rip off the same. Be careful out there.