• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do we need a "Happy Place" section on FF?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It seems like , I log in here and all I see anymore is someone pissed about something . Usally, a member has stated his feeling and is getting crapped on by the the far right group or the smaller far left group , Nobody has the right to believe the way they feel anymore . ITs just unAmerican to be respectful ,I guess !

It is no longer just reserved for the debate discussion area .

Politic's , Religion , the War, Gun Control , offending our foreign members for their beliefs , it don't matter .

Is anyone on here ever happy ? I really wonder anymore.

Prove it ! Try to write something nice .....

I do believe we need a happy place section where a member can write something good that has happened and where people like me can read it and say

"Great news"that makes me happy"!

You know guys, happiness is where you find it.I think a lot of you are looking at everything with the cup half empty instead of half full .

Let me ask you a simple question : Where or what would you do if everybody just got so pissed off that they just don't come to FF anymore ?

Kinda a big slap in the face to the great guy "Doc" who started this website.

Most of you don't even know how this website started .

I was told it was someplace to come and talk mainly tractors and other lessor events and be respected for your beliefs . It has revolved and expanded from there .

Bob S., one of the first to join, invited me to come over from that other tractor web site .

We lost some damn good members who finally just walked away over the years .They just got tired of the constant crap and bitching as new members came on . I was one of them for awhile .
Does that mean we need to stop taking in new members? No , but could some of you just try to be a little more respectful to your fellow members? Remember nobody died and made you God here . We all have opinions on here that matter to us or we would not put them in print ,knowing that we would be slapped down every time it did not agree with you .

I am going to my "happy place":flowers: now .........

Trakternut

I like having a "Happy Place", Al!
A little over a week ago, my wife's co worker (who we sorta adopted because she comes over here and eats our food) Told us her step dad was being life flighted to a larger hospital because he was having problems with breathing and his heart wanted to stop.
Seems he contracted N1H1, Influenza A, and the resulting pneumonia. It didn't look good at all for him. He's been hanging in there for a week now. His kidneys started shutting down last Sunday and his blood sugar rocketed! I got a text from "Our Little Squirt" telling us that they've removed the feeding tube as of today, but he's still on oxygen and is still classed as critical. However, he IS on the mend!
Our weather improved greatly this week too! :clap:
Life is good!!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I like having a "Happy Place", Al!
A little over a week ago, my wife's co worker (who we sorta adopted because she comes over here and eats our food) Told us her step dad was being life flighted to a larger hospital because he was having problems with breathing and his heart wanted to stop.
Seems he contracted N1H1, Influenza A, and the resulting pneumonia. It didn't look good at all for him. He's been hanging in there for a week now. His kidneys started shutting down last Sunday and his blood sugar rocketed! I got a text from "Our Little Squirt" telling us that they've removed the feeding tube as of today, but he's still on oxygen and is still classed as critical. However, he IS on the mend!
Our weather improved greatly this week too! :clap:
Life is good!!!!
Now that is some great News ! Thanks for sharing :biggrin:

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
My pumpkin pie went bad I think. Or the whipped cream on top. Im tossing my cookies and have the runs. :sad:

Trakternut

:ermm: And, this is a happy thing, how?

Dayumm Sushi!
If having the sh*ts makes you happy, you must be the happiest guy in Chicago!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I always thought that JUNKMAN'S CORNER was our "happy place" for all sorts of fun discussions.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I am happy. Three days in a row we now have had sunshine. What a wonderful site to drive in the country and see all the combines going. No dust though that makes it even kewler but the weather is great.

Business what I thought would come to a screeching halt the end of October looks now like we may have work until the end of December.

And as bad as the economy is for some I have my health right now, a wife, and three great kids. Oh yeah and a dog named Annie.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Is anyone on here ever happy ? I really wonder anymore.

Prove it ! Try to write something nice .....

I do believe we need a happy place section where a member can write something good that has happened and where people like me can read it and say

"Great news"that makes me happy"!
Agree!

Did you see my My New Friend thread? There's a big bright beautiful amazing world out there waiting to be shared.

brazospete

Well our one ball stallion is showing signs of growing another ball so maybe we won't have to eat him after all. The bad news is we're watching close to get him CASTRATED as soon as possible.

BoneheadNW

While, by definition, I see people having some of their worst days when I am at work, we saw a woman yesterday who, it turns out, was having an inner ear problem making her dizzy and nauseous. I have never seen someone puke and smile at the same time! She was very pleasant and funny while feeling so sick. So nice not to have to deal with misery and crabbiness!
Bone

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Al, I couldn't have said it better myself. I tend to stay away from the debate and discussion section as I come here for a good time to unwind. And for me to bother going to that section of the forum to watch people bitch and moan about the current president just doesn't do it for me. And notice I said current president. Because before Obama, there was an awfull lot of Bush-bashing on here to with the general attitude that he's the worst that's ever been....until Obama came into office. But I'm not here to talk politics. Just to get my point across. The open forum lately has basically become the Political Debate & Discussion - Part 2 section of the forum.

And since, as Al put it
Usally, a member has stated his feeling and is getting crapped on by the the far right group or the smaller far left group , Nobody has the right to believe the way they feel anymore . ITs just unAmerican to be respectful ,I guess !
this type of thing continues to happen, people like myself, Deadong, and other foreign members are not entitled to have an opinion that goes against anything American, slowly but surely, we'll all just fade away and keep our opinions to ourselves.

Case in point!!!

Another case in point!!!

If everyone would just keep the political Anti-Obama BS in the Debate & Discussion area, then I think things would go allot better around here.

Last edited:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Good post BigAl , I know I,m new here , But I,ve enjoyed looking around , But some posts are allmost depressing reading . Yep I got opinions too , But I like to keep them to myself so I dont upset the apple cart Ya might say .

All I know is their seems to be a bunch of great folks here , As long as people agree to disagree its all good in My book . I,m about as happy as They come if the Wife & I wake up everyday , even if not the best of health sometimes .

Just seems some folks dont appreciate what We do have & dwell on the negative things . Just My thoughts . Just FYI , I type & spell the best I can . I,ve got some really bad typing habits I get pointed out all the time . So I,ll appolagise in advance . I hope everyone has a great weekend . Bob

mak2

An all happy place would be great. I get bored easy though, and happy gets boring pretty quick so I probably not spend a whole lot of time there.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
B_Skurka;293312[B said:
]I always thought that JUNKMAN'S CORNER was our "happy place"[/B] for all sorts of fun discussions.

Well I did not know that and "Junkmans Corner" was gone for quite a while so we had no happy place .

Well ....looks like there are others that feel like I do . I am glad its just not me that was wondering what the hell was happening to FF .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The locker room is pretty happy.

Thats true ,but not when Sushi post those "God awful" pictures of his latest love addiction :sad:. It should'nt have to be "R" or "X" rated to be a happy place .:wink:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good idea Al.
Junkmans corner is a fun place, but not the happy place you described in your first post.

I think we can stand another forum. I for one do tire of the debate forum at times, but I can't help but read it ...a happy place post could help.
I'm willing to give it a try. I'll create a happy place forum later tonight or in the morning and this thread will be moved there to be the first post in that forum.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Good idea Al.
Junkmans corner is a fun place, but not the happy place you described in your first post.

I think we can stand another forum. I for one do tire of the debate forum at times, but I can't help but read it ...a happy place post could help.
I'm willing to give it a try. I'll create a happy place forum later tonight or in the morning and this thread will be moved there to be the first post in that forum.

:clap::w00t2::w00t2::w00t2:.

OK DOC!!!! Thanks ! I got hundreds of "happy stories" and most are dumb things I have done to myself these past 56 years . I gotta go find some of my old FF "Happy" post to transfer and to make fun of that I have written through the years !!!

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Awesome Al. I look forward to the stories and I'm counting on other FF members to jump in and contribute some.
Good Idea for sure!!!!!!! :D

daedong

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yA98MujNeM"]YouTube- Vegemite - Australian TV commercial[/ame]

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK Dingdong. I was on your side until you posted that Vegemite Commercial.
That stuff is nasty . My wife talked about it being so good , so I tried some . That was back in 1990 and I am still trying to get that horrible taste outta my mouth 19 years later .:doh::sad:

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
OK Dingdong. I was on your side until you posted that Vegemite Commercial..:doh::sad:

Take it easy Al, if you look real close Vin was one of the characters in that commercial :hide: Sorry Vin just had to say it :poke:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Take it easy Al, if you look real close Vin was one of the characters in that commercial :hide: Sorry Vin just had to say it :poke:

Sorry Dingdong , I did not realize the squitty eyed kid was you .... I will now go back to my happy place .
Oh ...I just gotta ask ...... You really drink that crap ???

Trakternut

I've heard that if you feed an Austrailian dog some vegemite, he will immediately lick his a** to get rid of the taste!
I.....do NOT care to know what Vin does.......:unsure:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I've heard that if you feed an Austrailian dog some vegemite, he will immediately lick his a** to get rid of the taste!
I.....do NOT care to know what Vin does.......:unsure:

nah... that does'nt help . Opps ! did I say that out loud :doh: