• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Social conservative rep. resigns over affair with staffer...

RobsanX

Gods gift to common sense
SUPER Site Supporter
This sounds like more "Do as I say, not as I do..." Was he balling his eyes out like Swaggart when he gave his statement? Ugh, I feel slimy just writing this!

Indiana Rep. Souder says he'll resign over affair

21 mins ago

INDIANAPOLIS – Indiana Republican Rep. Mark Souder says he'll resign from Congress effective Friday over an affair with a staffer.
Souder says in a statement provided by his office Tuesday that he has "sinned against God, my wife and my family by having a mutual relationship with a part-time member of my staff."

He scheduled a news conference to discuss his future.

Souder won a bruising Republican primary on May 4 to be nominated for his ninth term representing northeastern Indiana.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A House GOP source says eight-term Indiana Republican Mark Souder is going to announce that he is resigning from office.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity ahead of the expected announcement, says Souder is expected to announce his resignation in Fort Wayne, the center of the district he has represented since being elected in 1994 when Republicans took over the House after 40 years of Democratic control.

Souder is a social conservative and strong advocate of gun rights whose district has been strongly contested by Democrats in the past.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100518/ap_on_el_se/us_congress_souder

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yup he should resign. We don't need two faced Republicans any more than we need lying Democrats. Seems odd that Republicans hold themselves to a higher standard than Democrats, but it also shows that even when some of them screw up (literally in this case) they at least are willing to abide by their convictions and step down from office. Unlike people like Bill Clinton, who do the same thing and then lie about it.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would guess there are examples of those doing the right thing, and those not in both parties. The one republican in particular I can think of is the toe tapping homo who got caught in the airport restroom. Was his name Craig? His first inkling was to resign, but then he changed his mind and served out the rest of his term, and I think he had the audacity to run for reelection.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would guess there are examples of those doing the right thing, and those not in both parties. The one republican in particular I can think of is the toe tapping homo who got caught in the airport restroom. Was his name Craig? His first inkling was to resign, but then he changed his mind and served out the rest of his term, and I think he had the audacity to run for reelection.
I seem to remember another one, who was getting oral sex while conducting state business, then lied to the nation, admitted the indiscretion after evidence was forthcoming, and continued in his job. What was his name?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I seem to remember another one, who was getting oral sex while conducting state business, then lied to the nation, admitted the indiscretion after evidence was forthcoming, and continued in his job. What was his name?
Yeah, what WAS his name? :whistling::shifty:
I am convinced 90% of politicians are or either have the potential to become scum, once the power of position goes to their head..

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Shouldn't Hillary have resigned from running for president when she said that when she and her daughter landed in a foreign country they had to duck bullets while running from the plane to the gate?

Personally I think she should have resigned then, and I think she should have never been appointed to her current job, but she and Slick Willie appear to be held to a different set of standards.

Bob