• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Painting the pool house ... sure it will be easy!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Wife talked me into painting the pool house. Wants to do it 2 tone, trim in a darker color and the main parts of the walls in a lighter color. Simple enough. Right? Go to the paint counter, look at all the color samples, pick out 2 that look good together, get 2 gallons of paint mixed up. Go home and paint some of the wall color to test it out to see if we like it. Love it. Let it dry. Follow up by painting on some trim paint and hate it. Hate it a lot. Back to the paint counter (30 min drive north), get 4 small sample size cans mixed up in 4 corresponding colors.

Get back home and start slapping on some of the samples. Hated 1. Liked 3. So now the pool house (really more of a nice shed) is 6 different colors and looks like the Partridge Family Bus with no wheels.

But while I was gone the original trim color paint had fully dried.

Wife decided she likes the original trim color now that it is dry :hammer:

Looks like crap while its wet and/or drying. Looks great while its dry.

Who am I to argue?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum: No sense in arguing but pics would let us fully appreciate your situation.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
:yum: No sense in arguing but pics would let us fully appreciate your situation.

I should have taken photos while it was 6 different colors. Actually I guess it was 7 colors because there was still some areas with the original color showing.

But I just kept painting. Got most of it done with the lighter of the 2 colors. Need to do a few touch ups. But basically the 'field' color is done. Then I had to go do some work on the pool, needed to run to the pool store for a couple 40# bags of salt for the pool. Oh, and I was stinky so I showered.

Tomorrow morning I plan to get out and do the trim color. I see no reason to drag this project out any longer than necessary. She might change her mind on the color(s) if it is not done tomorrow before lunch :sad:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The tiki lounge is open for business. Fresh 2 tone paint job. Green and other green. She is still not sure if she likes it but I just burned my painting clothes so this is done ... as far as I'm concerned.

Attachments

• 9A92F6B7-2BD7-476E-B0D1-F7C7C73C7410.jpg
    9A92F6B7-2BD7-476E-B0D1-F7C7C73C7410.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 19