• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Conference results are in... I'M SO PROUD OF MY GIRLS SABER TEAM!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't scream this loud enough but I am THRILLED that my girls saber team managed to come in 5th Place in our Great Lakes H.S. Fencing Conference.

5th may not sound like an achievement, but I'm so damn proud of these girls for so many reasons and this is a real accomplishment :clap:

• The GLHSFC is a 3 state conference.
  • This is only the 2nd year our team has been a member of the conference.
  • We only have 5 girls on the team & 3 are freshman, 1 sophomore & 1 junior.
  • Overall our team is one of the smallest and clearly among the youngest.
  • I'm the only unpaid/volunteer saber coach in the conference.
  • I have less fencing experience than other coaches in the conference.

I can't wait until next year :hammer:

My girls KICK ASS :wow:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Tell them we're proud of them too!

Jim

I can't do it until tomorrow. We don't have practice again until Tuesday :doh:

But I may see a couple of the kids at the fencing club tonight and I'll give them the good news if they show up. Honestly Jim I'm in shock by the results. I even went back and checked them. TWICE MORE because I couldn't believe the results.

My Junior leads the team in scoring, followed very closely by my sophomore. One of my freshmen started weak and then really took off strong during the 2nd half of the season. One of my other freshman is just fearless and while she doesn't win a lot she scores a lot of touches because she is unafraid to get into battles with even the most experienced competitors. My final freshman is still finding her way in the sport but when I prompt her she does OK, even to the point of running one of her competitors off the back of the fencing strip and into the scoring table at a recent meet :yum: