• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac ST4 door latch wanted

vintagebike

I'm looking for a rear door latch for my 1958 ST4 like the ones pictured. I have tried several different year VW bus pieces but the holes for mounting and the lock shaft/keyway are not correct.
IMG_5447.jpg
IMG_5448.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I edited your title to correct the mistake made by auto-correct!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Try Ag and construction machinery cabs from the same vintage, the 60 and 70's.

Cat and several other manufactures used latches like this back in the day.

To get a dead nuts match might be hard to do however..

Regards, Kirk

vintagebike

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping to find someone in the great white north with access to a stash of ST4 hulks that were too far gone to restore. Ya never know.:whistling:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the tip. I was hoping to find someone in the great white north with access to a stash of ST4 hulks that were too far gone to restore. Ya never know.:whistling:

Yes I kind of figured that. It helps to have connections up there.

Since the rebuilding of the Snow Trac now seems to be an obsession with some great guys in Alaska, a good connection is even tougher to find. Also I remember a while back there was a member here from Alaska pretty much looking for the same latch.

On a machine that has seen heavy use, over many decades, one has to wonder if these just don't wear out or break. There is only one door on a Snow Trac, and every body uses it! :whistling:

Ok you fellers up in Ak, anyone got a good lead on a rear door latch?? :flowers: :smile:

Regards, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I do believe they are the same as a older international tractor and some of the Bombardiers I will check next time at when we go to the other warehouse about a week or so.