• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I took the Snow Trac to a VW show..

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just outside of Omaha, in Louisville Nebraska yesterday.

Had a real nice time, met some very nice folks at the same time. Last year at this event they had a Kristy KT3 show up. Some of them thought that it was the same thing as my Snow Trac, but a picture from last years event confirmed it was indeed a Kristy.

I came home with a wall plaque for 2nd place in the off road class. :smile: First place was a sand rail that was waste deep in rubber, and dripping in chrome.:ermm: Bling wins at car shows. :whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I took a Snow Track to a VW car show and they thought it was a Kristi...:yum::yum::yum:

Kristi - Snow Track ? hard to tell the difference, even to the trained eye, and just maybe, the Kristi is a bit kewler with the gull wing doors...

have you thought about chroming all the steel parts and polishing all the aluminum panels, a BIG sound system and ...

first place is yours and no one will ever confuse it with a Kristi ever again...

nice to get the machines out and share with others, even, if it's summer

Attachments

• DSC_0436.jpg
    DSC_0436.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
some one stole your wings!

Kirk You should know better than not putting a photo or three on with your thread.... Shame on you.

seriously car shows are fun.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mr sno-surfer dude, want to make a event out of it with several machines? a show within a show, the 500 club summer outing? and lets invite everyone to bring a sno-cat. the waaam folks will not know what happened !

luvthemvws

Yes, DO take a Tucker (or similar) to a non-typical auto event! They are great places to meet new enthusiasts and strike up interesting conversations!
I know that guy who brought a Kristi to that VW show last year. He won 1st place with his.
He would never tease a Snow Trac owner about coming in 2nd where he came in 1st.
Big Al might've, but the Kristi owner would not. :whistling:

Sno-Surfer

mr sno-surfer dude, want to make a event out of it with several machines? a show within a show, the 500 club summer outing? and lets invite everyone to bring a sno-cat. the waaam folks will not know what happened !

I think it would make a great summer event. I had a thought last night though that we might be gone on a 2 week bus trip around the Banff area. I'll double check here and find out....

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
I think it would make a great summer event. I had a thought last night though that we might be gone on a 2 week bus trip around the Banff area. I'll double check here and find out....

just found out your trip has been postponed, you are going to WAAAM....

thinking you should invite about 25 to 30 of your closest sno-cat friends to come with you to the show...and encourage them to bring their sno-cats,

and yes, Jim VT, love to have you come and why don't you round up all the snow track owners to come with you, bet we could even get some of those 1st place winning Kristi's to show up.

more the merrier

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bellanca fly-in?? Never seen that many together (if I'm correct on the aircraft)

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, DO take a Tucker (or similar) to a non-typical auto event! They are great places to meet new enthusiasts and strike up interesting conversations!
I know that guy who brought a Kristi to that VW show last year. He won 1st place with his.
He would never tease a Snow Trac owner about coming in 2nd where he came in 1st.
Big Al might've, but the Kristi owner would not. :whistling:

I was told the Kristi was in fairly rough condition, and needs a restoration.. Maybe he got first because he was the first snow cat there? I don't go to shows to win anything anyway.

One gent who knows the Kristi owner says after the show they took it to the State park to drive it around, unloaded it, and it threw a track. The next 2 and a half hours they spent getting it back on his trailer... :whistling:

Regards, Kirk

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

Attachments

• DSC_0433.jpg
    DSC_0433.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC_0445.jpg
    DSC_0445.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC_0435.jpg
    DSC_0435.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC_0452.jpg
    DSC_0452.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 189

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Took the Snow Trac to another car show today, a local event with about 120 cars.. Wow did it ever get a lot of looks and conversation. I had a great time explaining to people what it is and the history of the machine. Lots of people taking pictures, some with some pretty expensive looking full blown cameras. :smile:

Lots of smiles for the miles I drove. Well worth the time and troubles. Some people even recognize it and me from the show in the Velocity Channel a few years ago.. It is quite the conversation piece at a car show. I suggest others with snow cats should take theirs to one at some point. Car guys have a segment of people who are open to snow cats, for sure! :biggrin:

Regards, Kirk