• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn! It is cold and windy.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
10" of SNOW predicted for here beginning tomorrow! :smile::brows:

And wind to go with it.. :neutral:

It's going to be an interesting weekend, especially when we hit the single digits Sunday morning..

The Snow Trac is tucked into my shop at home, just in case! :wink:

Regards, Kirk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Dang, we are having LA weather today without the high winds. 50 degrees and Sunny.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
weather got colder here. my snow track developed an idling problem over the summer.the thing even with fresh gas just doesn't want to idle with out the choke and higher rpms.
we did get our first freeze. about 20 this morn.
jim

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Our temp dropped below the freezing mark yesterday and has stayed there throughout the day. I'm thinking that winter is finally here. We got a light dusting of snow last night but not even enough to cover the lawn.

Despite only having a half inch of snow last night, cars are still all over in the ditch. It amazes me how half the population forgets how to drive the second two snowflakes fly through the air.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
gee, what's all that blue stuff showing up heading this way on the radar?
:glare::yum:

Forecast has been upgraded now.. 1-3 inches of the white stuff.
woot!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We got a mere 'dusting' of snow here today, less than a 1/4".
I had to scrape the windows a little when I left work this evening.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Not sure if it hit 80 here today or ONLY the high 70s. :whistling: For now I can gloat. :clap:
That's why we put up with 110 plus in the summers. Wait until then and you can gloat and laugh at me.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
HELP!!!!! We're inn a deep freeze up here. Yesterday the thermometer outside only said -14C but the windchill dropped it to -45C. This morning, it's a balmy -27C with a windchill of -45C. Too freakin cold for me to go out.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
HELP!!!!! We're inn a deep freeze up here. Yesterday the thermometer outside only said -14C but the windchill dropped it to -45C. This morning, it's a balmy -27C with a windchill of -45C. Too freakin cold for me to go out.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

LOL, same here. Supposed to dip to around -30F with wind chills close to -50F today into tomorrow. Supposed to warm up into the 40's and rain on Tuesday and still very little to no snow to speak of.

Leni

You all should come visit me. It is in the upper 80's clear with clear skies and a light breeze. On second thought I only have one guest room.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Cold as a Well Diggers A$$ here, never got above 29. Sure is pretty though!

Attachments

• 8291 Home.jpg
    8291 Home.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 112

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We were at -25c two days ago. Today. It's supposed to be + 3c and raining. That'll make for a nice wet mess outside.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Same here. Getting to 62 today and 66 tomorrow. AWESOME. All snow is just about gone.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If this warm weather keeps up it won't take long for the snow to melt. We barely got 2 ft of it so far. I'm used to 3-4 ft normally

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Wind, wind and more damn wind in Wyoming. In our area we are lacking snow and the winter temps have been much warmer than normal. This week we were having 60F temps and winds up to 100mph in the state. I lost about 10 trees at my mountain cabin. Walked the last 1/3 mile in as the road was blocked by down trees in several places at midnight. Chain sawed the road out on Friday am. What a damn mess!

Wind.jpg

20160219_091538_resized.jpg

20160219_091726_resized.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
That was short lived. We had 4 days of above freezing temperature now it's back down to -24c

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Wind, wind and more damn wind in Wyoming. In our area we are lacking snow and the winter temps have been much warmer than normal. This week we were having 60F temps and winds up to 100mph in the state. I lost about 10 trees at my mountain cabin. Walked the last 1/3 mile in as the road was blocked by down trees in several places at midnight. Chain sawed the road out on Friday am. What a damn mess!

View attachment 83026

View attachment 83027

View attachment 83028

Darn!!!! That's pretty breezy! Pretty country though.

It was windy here last week for a couple of days. The top came off a dead tree on my neighbor's land and went through my board fence ... again!!! Last time it happened I cut it up and burned it. This time I cut it up, bush hogged a path into his thicket and dumped the pieces in there. Hey, I'm just returning his property to him. :yum:

Leni

Just got back from 5 days at the beach. Beautiful weather. Spring has sprung here in SoCal. We may get rain later this week but it sure as hell beats snow up to my eyebrows.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got back from 5 days at the beach. Beautiful weather. Spring has sprung here in SoCal. We may get rain later this week but it sure as hell beats snow up to my eyebrows.

Lucky gal living where you do, except I'd hate the fires and any possibility earthquakes.

Yesterday we got up to a very warm mid 60s.
Last night it dropped down to the 30s with a lot of wind involved as well.
Today was in the 50s, but it's dropping again for about a week.
Then another good warm up.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I do believe we are into our last deep freeze for the winter. It dropped to around -25c a couple days ago and the North wind picked up making it feel like -40c. Looking forward it calling for above freezing temperature for the next week or so starting Saturday. A trip out to camp is in order soon to bring the atvs back to town for a spring service.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now it's 34°
Mostly cloudy and breezy with a bit of snow, accumulating a coating to an inch.
Winds
NW 16 mph
Gusts: 39 mph