• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn weather forecasters....

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to bed with a 70% chance of rain, desperatly needed BTW...

Nothing in the State this AM. It missed the state completlty and of course yours truely. I wish they would not forecast rain, and let it be a surprise. It would be better than telling us about it, and then it doesn't happen....:doh:

Regards, Kirk

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk - Whip out your hose and sprinkler. :)

Can't help your weather but we're having some seriously kick-ass nice weather here.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk - Whip out your hose and sprinkler. :)

Can't help your weather but we're having some seriously kick-ass nice weather here.

Same here. Sorry to hear about Kirk's weather, but this is the first summer ever where I've not had to add water to our pool yet this year and I bet my lake hasn't been as much as 2" low on water this year. Last year I dug out some low areas when it was almost 5' low about this time of the year. Last year at this time we had temps over 100 for over 2 weeks and heat indexes in the 120's each day. This year our high temps have been in the low to mid 80's most days and in the upper 60's when raining.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
We had flood warnings and 90% chance.3/4 to 1 inch predicted.
Got less than an eighth. I'll be toting water up to my garden tomorrow.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to bed with a 70% chance of rain, desperatly needed BTW...

Nothing in the State this AM. It missed the state completlty and of course yours truely. I wish they would not forecast rain, and let it be a surprise. It would be better than telling us about it, and then it doesn't happen....:doh:

Regards, Kirk

I've talked to a couple of the weather forecasters from local TV stations about this very thing. They both gave the same answer. When they say, "There's a 70% chance of rain" that don't actually mean that there's a 70% chance of rain. What they actually mean is that there is a 70% chance of the conditions developing that MAY lead to rain. Not quite the same thing.

I get pissed of at them too. Any number of times I've put some outside work off because rain is forecast only to watch the sun beat down all day. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Sorta like when the dems tell how good it's gonna feel and all you get is extreme pain in the azz!!
Mike

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
We saw clouds a few times but no rain like they forecast. Will have to water in the morning. A strong storm did pass about 15 miles north of us this afternoon but nothing here. It made for good mowing of the super tall grass.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk,,,,,,

I washed and detailed my wife's minivan for her trip today to Des Moines.

You are getting rain now, soft and gentle.

You're welcome.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The sun is shining now , but earlier today it poured here . This should restart the wild mushrooms growing like crazy again . I hope not !!! I am done with these crazy fucking pickers that invaded us earlier this past month . I made lots of money but no way in hell was it worth the trash they left in our national forest !!!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Kirk,,,,,,

I washed and detailed my wife's minivan for her trip today to Des Moines.

You are getting rain now, soft and gentle.

You're welcome.

I only wish Frac. Not but a bit of mist this afternoon, didn't get the steets wet. It went just North of us. Next chance early next week. I hope so....

Regards, Kirk

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Just looked at the radar and all that rain is going below us again.:hammer:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I'd settle for a few clouds. It was 98° today and it's supposed to be 98° over the week-end. Still not a 110° so that's something but it's still too darned hot!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I only wish Frac. Not but a bit of mist this afternoon, didn't get the steets wet. It went just North of us. Next chance early next week. I hope so....

Regards, Kirk

I heard that Saturday,,,felt real bad about it,,,,,so I buzzed up there myself in the Crossfire. Washed, waxed, and detailed. Despite my best efforts,,,,,Mission failure as the weather was nice all day Saturday and appears to be so today.

But to be fair, the weather CHANNEL HAD IT RAINING RIGHT OVER YOUR PLACE Friday NITE WHEN I SENT THAT POST.

Eastern Iowa the corn is tasseled but only 4 to 5 feet high. Not a good sign.

About the time I reached Newton, the sand spots were obvious in the fields. I imagine it gets worse as one goes north and west. You guys are right on the edge right now.

Beans looked really good though.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, take a drive down to East Texas. Your magic may just work down here.

We're about 7" behind this year. That's not too bad. We could make a lot of that up with one gully washer. Unfortunately, the 100° weather is just starting to roll in but hey, it's the second week in August, in Texas. What do you expect?

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you all can just keep bragging about your weather. no lack of rain here again it just keeps coming down and our gravel roads all look like an advertisement for a 4wd truck commercial. we get 1 or 2 nice days than another week of rain i'm getting sick of living on the bering sea. sucked even worse we didn't get much snow so snow cat season was short to

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Franc, take a drive down to East Texas. Your magic may just work down here.

We're about 7" behind this year. That's not too bad. We could make a lot of that up with one gully washer. Unfortunately, the 100° weather is just starting to roll in but hey, it's the second week in August, in Texas. What do you expect?

We have a Chrysler Crossfire event in Fort Worth mid September. But, I reckon you will be purty parched by then.:whistling:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We have a Chrysler Crossfire event in Fort Worth mid September. But, I reckon you will be purty parched by then.:whistling:

The pastures might be but the yard will be ok. It's on a sprinkler system fed by well water. That means that even during the height of summer there's no break from mowing. :biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The pastures might be but the yard will be ok. It's on a sprinkler system fed by well water. That means that even during the height of summer there's no break from mowing. :biggrin:

Sounds like you might have that Back asswards:whistling:
As a lazy man myself I would have it the other way so the stock had feed but the lawn was carefree.

Jus' saying'

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Keeping my fingers crossed.....saying some prayers too....

Rain straight west comming this way. If it doesn't peater out before it gets here. We really need it badly....

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Keeping my fingers crossed.....saying some prayers too....

Rain straight west comming this way. If it doesn't peater out before it gets here. We really need it badly....

It was only a few weeks ago that it was so wet that you couldn't get into the fields.

Darned farmers are never happy with the weather. :yum::yum::yum:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to comment after our forecast this last week. We literally had "flash flood warnings" and "small creek and stream flood warnings" because we were to have rain at the rates of 2"-3" per hour one night with an 80% chance of rain all week. The week is over and we got zero participation of any sort this last week! :doh:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I have to comment after our forecast this last week. We literally had "flash flood warnings" and "small creek and stream flood warnings" because we were to have rain at the rates of 2"-3" per hour one night with an 80% chance of rain all week. The week is over and we got zero participation of any sort this last week! :doh:

That happened. It just got stalled over Missuori.

Gonna happen again this week.