• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Dude From Weather Channel 'Struggles' in Hurricane?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Happened before!
Why do the weather stations feel the need to hype it up when it's not as bad as they've been predicting?
:glare:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Happened before!
Why do the weather stations feel the need to hype it up when it's not as bad as they've been predicting?
:glare:

I see a trend here. Sensational is the new by word in weather fore casting. :unsure: Rarely does it seem to me that the actual storm is as bad as proclaimed.

That said hurricanes are nothing to fuq with. If the winds had been as high as a category 4 or 5 storm, there would be a much higher death toll. God was looking out for the Carolina's I think... It could have been so much worse.

Regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I see a trend here. Sensational is the new by word in weather fore casting. :unsure: Rarely does it seem to me that the actual storm is as bad as proclaimed.

That said hurricanes are nothing to fuq with. If the winds had been as high as a category 4 or 5 storm, there would be a much higher death toll. God was looking out for the Carolina's I think... It could have been so much worse.

Regards, Kirk

Yup!
Ty knew as early as yesterday that they'd not get dispatched like they did during the last two.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
Speaking objectively I think all TV news media try to sensationalize almost everything they report, but yes the hurricanes really get hyped.
Mike

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
God forbid, one of these days, mark my words, one of these reporters standing out in a hurricane or Nor'Easter is going to get clocked by a 75 MPH Stop Sign and that will be the end of that. Only by the grace of God, it hasn't happened yet.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I see the weather channel's only defense is he was standing on wet grass whereas the strollers were on concrete. Pretty lame IMO!!
Mike

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

:yum:
I remember that.

There is a video floating around out there of some guys messing around at their shop.
Doing a hurricane segment.
Sadly, the video can't be loaded or shared.
Garden hose, stuff being thrown by, bicycle.. office chair.. Lol
20180915_115238.png

20180915_115256.png

20180915_115322.png

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Maxine Waters was just axed what she thought of Hurricane Flo and she said..... "Em peach heem, em peach heem!!!!" (over and over).