• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SEAFOAM engine treatment

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never used it on a car or truck.

I've had good luck with it on small engines both 2 and 4 cycle.

Jim

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
has anyone used this on their car or truck? thoughts?

You start drinking that stuff and we all will think your nuts, not just a few of us.:hammer::hammer:

I have used it on my boat a few times. Can't say if good or bad but it has some good reviews from what I remember.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
LOL

ok. ive heard alot of good from them as well. im thinkin of foamin the Taurus as shes about 100k miles, and i figure it cant hurt

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
ive used nit in the crank case and as a gas treatment it did as advertised but the resulst wern't what i always wanted. remember it will clean sludge and varnish out some times that isn't what you want on a higher milage engine. also as a side note if you are running a major brand of gasoline you al ready have an additive like that added so your engine should be pretty clean already as for the oil most moderen engine oild are ahidetergant blend any way so the lower end should also be poretty clean with minimal carbin build up the days of removing the valve covers and seeing a cast of the valve cover in carbin buoild up's are gone

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
ive used that site before, Nixon. damn nice site.

You know , I always wondered who the person was that started the thread " How do You separate that Ethanol from gasoline ,and is it safe to drink ? "
That's one less of life's little mysteries for Me now .:yum::yum::yum::yum:

Trakternut

I very seldom use any sort of additive in the gas tanks on my pickup or the wife's Blazer.
However, I do use Seafoam regularly on small engines that see infrequent use. It seems to stabilize the gasoline so it doesn't get "sour" in the carb or tank.

I recall being given a Wisconsin engine that leaked gas out of the carburator. I put about 2-3 oz of Seafoam in the tank and ran the engine for about an hour. Leak stopped. I had suspected varnish on the needle and seat. Musta been right!

I recommend it!

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes this stuff is very good.

It now is a stock item in my shop. Works wonders on the touchy Wisconsin TJD engine on my generater set. Made brake stands a possibility with a certain 88 Corvette:whistling: when in the previous 17 years of ownership it woud refuse ( although it has a new set of rubber on it now, maybe this helps) It starts and idles much better as well. Cool stuff there...

My brother in law was given a early 90's Pontiac Grand prix SSE with a awfull lot of lifter valve train noise. Dosed the oil and let it idle for 20 min. and all was quiet. Changed the oil, and has driven it 60K miles since.

Good stuff, I am now trying their penitrating oil out on a the axle wedges of a JD 4030 I want to move the rear wheels out on...Been dosing them for several months off and on now.

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a question for you guys who have used Seafoam.

I never use additives in the oil or gas of my "drivers" but I was thinking about using it my small engines. I always use synthetic oil in my small engines and I always add a double dose of Stab-il to any gas that I bring home, for various reasons.

Do you think that adding Seafoam in addition to the Stab-il will cause any problems and should be avoided? I'm worried about mixing additives and is one necessary if you have already added the other?

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a question for you guys who have used Seafoam.

I never use additives in the oil or gas of my "drivers" but I was thinking about using it my small engines. I always use synthetic oil in my small engines and I always add a double dose of Stab-il to any gas that I bring home, for various reasons.

Do you think that adding Seafoam in addition to the Stab-il will cause any problems and should be avoided? I'm worried about mixing additives and is one necessary if you have already added the other?

Won't hurt at all. I probably have 3 dozen different gas or diesel powered engines and I've used both regularly since sometimes it is quite an interval between starting some of them.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Dargo, that's what I wanted to know.

Almost every problem I've had with a small engine has been caused by letting it sit around for ages with gas still in it and not running it. I try to be good and drain it or run it dry but I sometimes forget. You know how it is. Getting old is no joke. :biggrin::biggrin: