• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Found this interesting...

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
So are you a straight up oil in the quart - or and oil additive guy? I just use what comes in the quart. None of that fancy expensive stuff like Slick 50.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
So are you a straight up oil in the quart - or and oil additive guy? I just use what comes in the quart. None of that fancy expensive stuff like Slick 50.

Never used to be Tom , Never tried the other stuff that made all the fancy claims . Just regular routine maintence & any decent brand name oil & you dont need no additives , IMO

But I have used a few Lucas products latelly in my tractors & old harley davidson 2 cycle golf cart & I have to say I,m perty impressed so far .

The 2 cycle oil is whats called smokeless like the original oil harley had for their golf carts back in the earlly years so not to smoke up the golf coarses , which as far as I know Lucas is the only ones that even makes it , according to the Harley shops or online that i,ve researched .

The harley cart engine is a 100 to 1 fuel & oil mix & the 2 cycle oil you buy for chainsaws or gardening tools just aint near as good IMO & from what I,ve researced . But the lucas works great in every 2 cycle I run as well as hydraulic fluids , oils & other products & I never even heard about it untill the last year or so , But so far I,m sold on it .

Yes I know more info then anyone wanted to know , just my opinion . :biggrin:

loboloco

tsaw. when I began buying my truck, I started using Lucas at every oil change. At abt 800,000 miles, I had a valve blow apart in the coolant line and cracked the head. The mechanic who tore it down told me that he would not have believed 800,000 miles if he had not been working on the truck for 4 years. He stated the cam and valves looked to be almost factory and the injectors were clean with almost no deposit.
I used the lucas oil additive and would occasionally run lucas injector cleaner on a purge. Then would add remainder of a gallon to the tanks.
Don't know for sure it was the Lucas, but that old cat has 1.3 million on her and still runs good.