• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Monday is NATIONAL EMPTY CHAIR DAY . . .send a photo from your yard

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Seems there is a new grass roots phenomena. Its spawning NATIONAL EMPTY CHAIR DAY and also something in the cities called EASTWOODING.

'Eastwooding' in the Big Apple: New Yorkers vent their frustration at empty chair one day after Clint Eastwood's bizarre RNC speech

While the Twitterverse wondered what Mitt Romney’s campaign aides were smoking when they let Clint improvise, the News set up shop outside the Staten Island Ferry terminal.

eastwood1n-1.jpg

eastwood1n-3.jpg

eastwood1n-7.jpg

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...re-rnc-speech-article-1.1149202#ixzz25LHsI9gu

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE. VARIOUS WEBSITES ARE NOW ASKING YOU TO SEND THEM YOUR PHOTOS OF A CHAIR IN YOUR FRONT YARD ON MONDAY.

Who knew an empty chair could expose so much :whistling:

Send me your “empty chair” photos on Monday, and I’ll run them. http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09/monday-empty-chair-day/

The Twitter hashtag is #EmptyChairDay

Seems that there is an effort to make Monday “empty chair day”

Empty-Chair-Sandy.jpg

Below is an image of my front lawn, just mowed, to ensure the emptychair looks right. The sign next to the chair says:

“We own this country . . . Politicians are employees of ours . . . And when somebody does not do the job, we’ve got to let them go.” –Clint Eastwood​

Kane

In related news ... CHAIR RELATIVISM

Honey, does this chair make my ass look fat?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They will have the MSM milk this to distract attention away from their convention and party platform. Don't want the sheeple to know too much so they will do an Axelrod redirect.:hammer:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
notice the kitty-litter pawprints.......
not empty, full of holes & spouts.

btw, being from 'da burgh, there isn't a yard 'cept fer a segment thru the 1 section of stairs. & i'm not so sure the others would appreciate my furniture in the yard an' 'at.

Attachments

• IMG_1141557.jpg
    IMG_1141557.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:

Leni

There may have been a lot of criticism of Clint's speech but it sure has gotten everyones attention. The empty chair has become a great symbol for the GOP.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Kind of goes with the empty hope and change he promised 4 years ago.:hammer:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
This one seems appropriate somhow

Occupant is usually self absorbed and inexperienced petulent whiner. Yet,,,,,the center of attention.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It appears he will have a bunch of empty chairs for his speech if they use the stadium they reserved for it.:yum::yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It appears he will have a bunch of empty chairs for his speech if they use the stadium they reserved for it.:yum::yum:
The DNC held a sweepstakes for Free tickets to thestadium. She didn't even enter and won two.

No, we ain't goin',,,,,ummmmh errr ah,,,,, I have to wash my hair

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Here is the musical chair seat that nobody wants to sit in!:yum:

Attachments

• deficit chair.jpg
    deficit chair.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 145

mak2

Just for the record, I had not seen the whole 11 minute Clint spot until yesterday. I seen several out takes on Faux News in which he just sounded sophmoric, rude and disrespectful but I really did not think it was that big a deal. It sounds like the right wing rhetoric since Obama started running for POTUS the first time. I did finally get a chance to watch it. I have to correct myself, sadly, because I am a big fan of his movies and really dont care what he thinks. Anyway, not only was he sophmoric, rude, disrespectful, he also just sounded like a dottering old fool. Sad really. And somehow predictable the RW would like it so much. Clint no more than farted in public. Great.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
And somehow predictable the RW would like it so much. Clint no more than farted in public. Great.
Seems to me like a few free-thinking Libertarians loved it as well.:brows:
The chair thing is fun, Mak.
I don't hate your President, nor am I all gaga over Romney.
This election season is turning out to be the most fun time in recent history for me personally.
Laugh at Obama's record, scratch my head over the other side a little.. do my part voting 3rd party come election day.. and just let it roll baby..:biggrin:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Just for the record, I had not seen the whole 11 minute Clint spot until yesterday. I seen several out takes on Faux News in which he just sounded sophmoric, rude and disrespectful but I really did not think it was that big a deal. It sounds like the right wing rhetoric since Obama started running for POTUS the first time. I did finally get a chance to watch it. I have to correct myself, sadly, because I am a big fan of his movies and really dont care what he thinks. Anyway, not only was he sophmoric, rude, disrespectful, he also just sounded like a dottering old fool. Sad really. And somehow predictable the RW would like it so much. Clint no more than farted in public. Great.

So your in depth critique is based on a few moments of the schtick?

Fact is if you saw the whole thing it didn't come off well until the end. And even then it wasn't that big a deal.

They have the whole thing all over the internet. So, you really didn't have to soil yourself watching FOX.

Besides, you should prolly stop watching so much of that station.

mak2

What the helll are you talking about? Do you even know? I said I did not see the full eleven minutes until very recently, all I had seen was Faux outakes. I formed my "in depth" critique after seenig the whole thing.
So your in depth critique is based on a few moments of the schtick?

Fact is if you saw the whole thing it didn't come off well until the end. And even then it wasn't that big a deal.

They have the whole thing all over the internet. So, you really didn't have to soil yourself watching FOX.

Besides, you should prolly stop watching so much of that station.